Lock Me Up And Throw Away The Key

Lock Me Up And Throw Away The Key

Author's Note: This was meant to be up a long time ago, but I never got the chance to post it. It was meant to be an angst fic... but it turned out a little different. Regardless, I hope that you enjoy your read. 

 


"Hey, Sehun?" LuHan asked quietly, looking over at the boy lounging on his bed.

"Yeah, LuHan? Sehun answered, distractedly, paying more attention to the game he's playing on his phone than the boy who called him.

LuHan sighed and told the younger boy nevermind. He curled into himself and put his head on his knees, remembering the day's events and desperately wanting to ask Sehun about the numerous locks that he'd found with the boys name on it. Always with a different name attatched. But he couldn't find the words he needed to ask, so he opted to remain silent.

Sehun heard the sigh and put down his phone. "LuHan, Hannie, what's wrong?"

LuHan shook his head and balled himself up tighter, mumbling lowly. He didn't expect Sehun to hear him, much less make out what he'd said.

"LuHan! Of course I love you! Where is this coming from?" 

LuHan looked up sadly, unshead tears forming in his eyes. "Sehun... Why do you have so many locks at Namsan Tower?"

Sehun looked surprised for a moment before moving over to the older male and pulling him into his lap. "I have locks at Namsan Tower? I only remember putting one there when I was younger." 

LuHan buried his face in Sehun's shoulder, breathing in his scent to calm himself down. "Then why are there so many?" he asked once he's calmed. 

Sehun shrugged and kissed LuHan's head. "I really couldn't tell you. Like I said, I've only ever put one there when I was a kid and that was with my best friend. It was probably some fans that did it. I bet that there are lots with your name too if we look hard enough for them." 

LuHan thought about what Sehun had said and nodded into his shoulder. It seemed like a plausible explaination. Moving to straddle Sehun's hips, he grabbed the younger's shirt and pulled him close for a kiss. He pulled back breathlessly after a long moment and looked up at Sehun. "The next day that we have free, can we go put a lock on the tower too?" 

Sehun smiled and nodded, reaching up for another kiss. 


A number of days passed before they had another free day. As promised, Sehun took LuHan to Namsan Tower. He lead him to the cable carts that would take them to the tower. Expecting LuHan's reaction, he quickly brought the other close to his side and held him tightly as they got on and for the duration of the ride. He never once let go, even as they exited the cart. LuHan blushed crimson as he was held tighter and reassurances whispered into his ears. They weren't worried about being recognized, even with only sunglasses and hats to cover who they were. 

They made their way lesuirely to where they could purchase locks and personalize them. They were in no real hurry. They had all day after all and were both enjoying the other's company. When they finally reached their destination, they picked out a nice silver lock with two keys and bought it. LuHan took it over to where they could write on them and signed a message on one side in Mandarin. He handed the lock to Sehun who looked at the scrawl that was all LuHan. "What's it say?" He asked. LuHan smiled and shook his head, motioning for Sehun to write on the lock. Sehun simply wrote their names clearly, adding a small heart beside Luhan's name. Who said that he couldn't be cheesy?

They made their way outside and started searching for a space where they could put their own lock. While looking, LuHan took notice of the names on the other locks. He saw the one that he'd put on with the group and then the others that a few of the members had put on after filming. Those he saw but didn't really keep his attention. What held his attention was just how many locks had his name on them. Sometimes it was paired with people's names he'd never met, nor heard of before. Other times it was with a simple message meant for him. He smiled at those. He also kept track of how many had Sehun's name. 

They finally found a spot they liked and clasped the lock around the link of the fence. The view from their spot was breathtaking. LuHan turned and smiled at Sehun. "Thank-you for doing this with me." he said, hugging the younger tightly. Sehun looked at the male and wrapped his arms around the other.

"Of course, why wouldn't I do it with you?" 

LuHan grinned into Sehun's chest and laughed quietly, earning a puzzled look from the latter. "What's so funny?"

Lifting his head up, LuHan smiled widely and replied laughing, "I have more locks with my name than you do, Hunnie. You have 47. I have 62."

Sehun was shocked. He didn't think that LuHan would be counting. "You may have more, my little deer, but the only one that matters is the one we are standing next to now." LuHan smiled and reached up to kiss him quickly. 

After ending the kiss, Sehun glanced at their lock and back at LuHan. "So, what did you write on it?"

LuHan looked over at the lock while he answered. "My only lock for the only one who has my heart. Lock me up and throw away the key." As he said this, he handed one of the keys to Sehun. It was attached to a chain that he'd bought while the other wasn't looking. Sehun took it and slipped it around his neck. 

"I'll never take it off. Only I can have your heart. I'm keeping the key so I can guard it well." With that, Sehun kissed LuHan again, accidentally knocking off their hats and LuHan's sunglasses. They didn't notice. Nor did they notice the many people around them taking photographs with their mobile phones. Yes, the pictures would probably be all over the web by the next day. Yes, they would have to deal with the backlash that the photos would undoubtably bring. But the only thing that mattered to the two was the other male in their arms and the lips passionately gliding against their own.