Chapter 3

The Story Of Nam Sookyung

Sookyung woke up the next morning and all she felt was.. Well.. Empty.
She didn't want to get out of bed so she just stayed there. She was upset. Upset that she had to leave her friend. The only friend she wanted and the only person she could talk to. The only person she could trust.
Narrowing her eyes in anger, Sookyung got up and screamed like a child who was throwing a tantrum. She screamed for her parents and they could tell that she was not pleased. They could tell that there was something wrong and that she was angry.

When her parents entered her bedroom, Sookyung yelled at them.

"I-I hhate yy-youuu.. bb-bboth o-of yyou.. W-Whhy. wou-would yoou d-d-doo t-th-is t-to mm..mme?"

Confusion was obvious as it was plastered onto their faces as she yelled. They didn't know why their beloved daughter was so upset and distraught.
Her mother sat beside her on the bed, trying to calm her down, to ask her what was wrong.

"Yyou! T-The t-tto oo-of yy-yyou! Y-Youu're g-g-go-go-ing t-too d-drang mm-me awa-away fff-from here. Aaa.. Awww.. Away ff-from Hyo-min."

She was screaming at them, pushing away from her mother as tears spilled out of her eyes. All of the emotions from the night before were suddenly pouring out of her and it was obvious that she could no longer contain them.
Her mum, as calm as ever tried to calm down her daughter who was having some sort of mental breakdown. She didn't like seeing her only child in this state and niether did her father but all he could do was sit there and watch as his daughter cried her heart out.

Now that her parents understood why she was so upset, they tried telling her that it would be okay. They tried to calm her down. To make her fall asleep once again.

"It's okay.. You'll like America.." 

"N-Nnno I ww..wwont!"

"You will! You'll like it! You can make new friends! You'll be with family and Hyomin will visit us!" 

She just stared to shake her head at what her parents were saying. She didn't want to go. She didn't want to make new friends and she didn't want to have to move to some weird country. She only knew bits and pieces of English. She didn't want to go and just the thought of it made her burst into tears all over again.

After awhile, Sookyung calmed down and fell asleep. When her parents were sure she wouldn't wake up and start crying and throwing another fit, they called her friend. They called Hyomin and asked her to come over. Maybe they couldn't convince her to go with them but Hyomin could. They knew it and that's the reason they called her over. To ask her to convince the now sleeping Sookyung.

 

-

 

Sookyungs father's boss called Mr Nam into work due to a change in plans about him going abroad. 

when he came home, hyomin was still with sookyung and mrs nam was sorting out her own business plans to move to america.

he called the whole family, including hyomin into the living room and hesitently told them the news.

He told them about the family having to move much sooner than planned and they will have to leave by two weeks.

Mrs nam sighed and nodded before agreeing with him and left the room. she wasnt too happy but it was for their and theri daughters future so, she just got on with it. she had lots of work to do so she got busy with her work.

Hyomin stayed quiet as she looked down. her hadn was locked with Sookyung and the only reasion sookyung was calm was because of her friend. her eyes however.. were big and round.. filled with hurt. she didnt want to go. she opened to speak but it took a few moments for her to speak. she asked if she could just move in with hyomin, earning shocked looks from both her father and hyomin herself.

Her father said no and she lost it. she stood up and screamed at him, saying he didnt care about how she felt. he didnt care about her wellbeing and managed to storm out of the room. although hse was blind, she knew how to get around her house just fine. all she needed to do was count her steps.

hyomin smiled weakly and said she'd talk to her and went after the now upset sookyung.

 

-

 

A few days had already passed by now and SOokyung refused to speak to anyone apart from Hyomin. She refused to eat and she thought she was being a rebel but it didn't work because her parents were going to move county weither she liked it or not and there wasn't a single thing she could do to stop it. 

Hyomin went to Sookyungs house and made her eat while the two continued to read braille. The two could now read it easier and were practicing by making little notes to eacher to read them. Hyomin smiled as she closed her eyes and ran her fingers over the little note Sookyung gave her.

As Sookyung slowly ran her fingers over Hyomins note, a small smile made its way onto her lips. 
The letter said, "Don't worry, be happy~". It made her smile because ever since she could remember, it had always been the two's inside joke and although she couldn't remember the reason behind it, it still made her laugh whenever she heard or read it somewhere.

 

Hyomin was staying the night and she had brought a few CD's with her. When the two were sitting in Sookyungs bedroom, Hyomin walked over to her radio and put the CD's in before sitting beside her friend. She took her hand and smiled as she tried to pull her friend off of the bed.
"Dance with me, Sookyung." 

"No! I can't dance!"

"You can! It's just us here!"

That made Sookyung nod and she hesitantly stood up before standing up, holding onto both of her friends hands as she blushed in embarrassment.
The two started to sway from side to side to the music until Sookyung felt comfortable and began to bounce around the room like the weirdo she really was. 
The two laughed and danced like that until they were too tired to move.

Hyomin lead Sookyung to the bed and as soon as their heads hit the pillow, they both fell asleep even if they had planned to just rest to catch their breathes first. They were now snoring away in dreamland.

 

--

 

okay so I wrote this when I'm half asleep. I'll re-read it tomorrow and fix anything that i think needs fixing okok goodnight ily all b ye