Minseok's thoughts

Plants, Fluffiness, and Kris's complaints

“BAEKHYUN! WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY BB CREAM?”

 

That is just one of the many things I have to hear everyday. Occasionally it varies. Sometimes it's “JONGIN! WHAT DID YOU PUT IN MY BB CREAM?” or “CHANYEOL! WHAT IS THIS SUBSTANCE IN MY BB CREAM JAR?”

 

However, I can calmly assure you that it'll never be “MINSEOK! WHAT DID YOU REPLACE MY BB CREAM WITH?” or “MINSEOK! WHY DID YOU TAKE MY BB CREAM?”

 

And I know those sentences will never come out of anyone's mouth. Even Kris's mouth, since he's the one with the BB cream obsession.

 

I know this because I am Kim Minseok. And I'm about to describe exactly what goes on in the Exo dorm, and in my life everyday.

 

Actually I'll describe the best day that's happened so far.

 


“Jongdae.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Your face.”

 

“What about it?”

 

“It's distracting... In a good way.”

 

“Awww...Baekhyunnie...”

 

“Why must your face be so attractive?”

 

“Don't complain. You know you like it that way...”

 

“...It's true. I do like your face when it's attractive. Which is all the time, of course.”

 

“BAEKHYUNNNNNNIE!!!!”

 

“JONGDAAAAAE!!!!”

 

That is Baekhyun and Jongdae's usual morning dialogue. Although sometimes they talk about each other's eyes or vocal ability or other stuff nobody else but themselves care about.

 

“Hyungs, can you please stop with the fluffiness?”

 

Sehun just walked in, rubbing his eyes cutely. Not that I would be the only one calling him cute. Don't go assuming things like that. We'll get to my non-existent love life later.

 

“You should be used to our fluffiness by now, Sehunnie.” Baekhyun scoffs.

Jongdae nods in agreement and Sehun just smirks and walks towards the fridge.

 

“Minseok hyungggg, don't you think Baekkie is the cutest little light bulb everrrr?”

 

“Sure.” That seems like a safe answer, seeing that I use it every time Jongdae or someone else asks me a question like that.

 

“Wait, why am I a light bulb?”

 

“Just your power and all. But you can be annnnything you want to be Baekhyunnie.”

 

“Yayyyyy...”

 

I decide to leave the dining room and enter the living room. Which, I soon discovered, was a big mistake. I don't get driven away from the dining room by Baekhyun and Jongdae's mushiness and into the living room everyday. Well...

 

“Kyungsoooo...”

 

“Yes, Joonmyeonnie?”

 

“I'm scared.”

 

“Of what, Myeonnie?”

 

“Of your opinion of my face...”

 

“Why? I love your face. I think your face is beautiful. And I'm alllllllways right.”

 

“Awwww...Kyunggie...But Chanyeol called me ugly yesterday. Again. Then Jongin agreed with him. Then Luhan agreed too.”

 

I feel my own heart flutter a little when I heard his name

 

“Well, don't listen to them Joonmyeonie hyung! Chanyeol's never right anyways.”

 

“...What about Jongin?”

 

“He's never right either.”

 

“And Luhan?”

 

Heartbeat. Accelerating.

 

“Again, never right. Can you even think of one time Luhan's been right about something?”

 

“Ha...nothing comes to mind...”

 

“Exactly.”

Hey don't talk about my LuLu like that.

 

“So...they're all wrong about my face's attractiveness level?”

 

“Right! But I'm right and you and your beautiful ears, which are, by the way, way better-looking than Chanyeol's...”

 

“Kyunggie...”

 

“...should listen to your boyfriend's correct opinion.”

 

“Kyunggie...”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I love you.”

 

“I love you too.”

 

Why am I still listening to their conversation? I slowly proceeded to exist the room quietly.


I decide to take a shower because I don't want to talk Luhan while smelling like somebody who didn't take a shower yet. I turn on the shower tap but I discover that the water is too cold. Screw Baekhyun and Jongdae for using up the hot water. I start to leave the bathroom. I guess I just won't talk to Luhan until I smell flowery. The moment I'm out of the bathroom, I notice Kris walking towards the bathroom angrily. His face looks even angrier than usual. It looks like he didn't see me. I hide behind a plant, ready to hear the Duizhang explosion.

 

“ZITAO! WHAT ATTROCIOUS SMELLING FLUID DID YOU MIX MY BB CREAM WITH?”

 

Hey, that's a new one. Very original Kris.

 

“I swear, I didn't mix it with anything, duizhang-gege...” I hear Tao yell from his room.

 

“YES YOU DID TAO. I CAN SEE THE GREEN SPLOTCHES ABSORBING WITHIN MY HEAVENLY SCENTED SPREADING! SPOTCHES THAT ARE NOT. SUPPOSED. TO. BE. THERE! THEY MAKE ME LOOK LIKE YOU!”

 

Tao then walks into the room. “I didn't do anything! It was probably Luhan or something. I saw him hovering suspiciously around your BB cream last night.”

 

Luhan's innocent. Screw you Tao. Screw everybody who makes fun of my LuLu. Screw Kris's BB cream. No one cares but him. And maybe Tao because he loves Kris and his attractive face. I mean, Tao thinks it's attractive. Kris's face and whether or not it's attractive isn't exactly at the top of my list of things that I care about. (But Luhan is).

 

“Oh. Then WHERE IS LUHAN?” Kris boomed.

 

I know where LuLu is. He's in my heart.

 

Suddenly, my attractive deer pops out from nowhere. “I heard my name, guys. What did I do?”

 

You stole my heart.

 

“What did you do? You tell me you splotch-creating-on-BB cream demon deer!"

 

“BUT I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!”

 

Kris only scoffs. “If you don't admit what you did with my BB cream, I'll tell Minseok that you love him!”

 

Wait, WHAT? DID KRIS JUST SAY WHAT I THINK HE JUST SAID? If he did then I will love him forever, but not as much as I love Luhan, of course.

 

“SHHHH KRIS! KEEP IT DOWN! PEOPLE WILL HEAR YOU!”

 

“YOU LIKE MINSEOK-GE, GE?” I think that's what I heard Tao say over the pounding of my heart.

 

“SHHHH TAO! WHAT IF MINSEOK OVERHEARS YOU? I WAS WAITING FOR THE PERFECT TIME TO CONFESS TO HIM. A TIME EVEN MORE PERFECT THAN MINSEOK HIMSELF!”

 

“If you don't want him to hear you, THEN STOP SCREAMING!”

 

“He's right, ge. You're even louder than him, me, Baekhyun hyung, Baekhyun hyung's boyfriend, and Chanyeol hyung combined!” Tao says. At least that's what I thought he said.

 

“Hey I have a name, you know.” Jongdae suddenly appears with Baekhyun backhugging him.

 

“Oh, so you don't want to be known as my boyfriend, Jongdae?” Baekhyun questions angrily.

 

“That's not true. I love you as much as Luhan hyung loves Minseok hyung!” Jongdae declares proudly.

 

“Oh. WAIT LUHAN HYUNG LOVES MINSEOK HYUNG? I DIDN'T KNOW THAT! WOW LUHAN HAVE YOU CONFESSED YET?”

 

Hey Baekhyun, maybe that's why Jongdae doesn't want to be known as your boyfriend.

 

“Luhan ge likes who?” Lay enters the room.

 

“No one.” Luhan says quickly at the same time Jongdae says “Minseok hyung!”

 

“Wow, that's news to me!” Lay says.

 

“Of course it is.” Kris mumbles under his breath but everybody can hear him.

 

“Hey!”

 

I can hardly believe what I'm hearing. Finally! I've dreamed of this day for who knows how long. Except in my dreams there weren't five other people present. And we weren't outside a bathroom. And I wasn't hiding behind one of Kyungsoo's plants. Not that Kyungsoo even waters it. Joonmyeon probably does it for him.

 

“SO YOU HAVEN'T CONFESSED YET?” Lay chooses today of all days to be loud.

 

“Wow, announce it to the whole world, would you?” Luhan mutters sarcastically.

 

“Haven't you already done that?” Kris asks.

 

“No he has not.” Baekhyun points out. “But I'll help. HEY EVERYBODY! LUHAN LOVES MINSEOK AND HE NEEDS HELP CONFESSING! ANY IDEAS?”

 

I see LuLu grit his teeth. "Baekhyun ah, it would be really nice if you would please-"

 

By now Jongin has arrived with Sehun trailing behind him. Joonmyeon, who is currently giving Kyungsoo a piggy-back ride, has also entered the room. My precious LuLu has buried his hands in his face in shame and embarrassment.

 

“Give him bubble tea.” Sehun advises.

“Give him chicken.” Jongin suggests.

“Give him what he likes, not what Jongin and Sehun like.” Kyungsoo says. He is met with a slight glare from the maknaes. “What? He shouldn't give him something he doesn't like. Maybe you can write him a song?”

 

“Give him a plant. Everybody likes plants!” Joonmyeon says excitedly. 

“How about that one?” Baekhyun points to the plant I'm behind. “It even comes with a Minse- Oh!”

 

Everyone's eyes are on me and I awkwardly step out from behind my hiding place.

 

“Seokkie?” Luhan gasps.

“Did you hear anything?” Lay asks me. “Shhh guys, don't give anything away...”

 

“Yeah, I kinda heard everything starting from Kris's BB cream outrage.” I scratch the back of my head awkwardly.

 

“I-I-I was just kidding! Right guys? Hehe...” My LuLu looks so adorable blushing and trying to cover up his outburst.

 

“Yeah, we were talking about somebody else...Ha...” Tao trails off.

 

“No we weren't.” Lay is still being very loud.

 

“Shhhh...Yixing” Everyone else says. I take a deep breath.

 

“Well...I was hoping you really were talking about me.” I say. “Because, I have been thinking about confessing to someone too.”

 

“You mean-”

 

“Yeah. I like you too.” I hope the grin on my face isn't too creepy. But it probably is. I probably look like Chanyeol right now. Where is he anyways?

 

“You like me too, Seokkie?” Luhan's happy face is so endearing.

 

“Yeah. And now you don't have to give a plant!”

 

“That's was my plant!” Kyungsoo exclaims.

 

“You don't even water it!” Jongdae points out.

 

“My Myeonnie waters it for me!” Kyungsoo pouts.

 

“Wow Joonmyeon. You're so whipped.” Kris smirks.

 

Luhan turns back to me. “Sooo...you wanna go somewhere sometime?” Aww LuLu is so cute when he's awkward.

 

“Yeah.” I definitely resemble Chanyeol now.

 

“Should we go to the bubble tea store?” Luhan asked. He's so awkward. But I love him anyway.

 

Sehun sticks his tongue out. “But Jonginnie and I were gonna go there today! Date somewhere else!”

 

“It's okay. Let's leave our hyungs alone and we can go to the chicken shop!”

 

“But JONGINNNNNNNNIEEEEE”

 

They continue to banter fluffily (is that a word? Probably not) and Luhan takes me by the hand and we leave the other members. And I can finally say I have my very own boyfriend to exchange fluffy words with.

 

Suddenly, we almost get barrelled over by a tall figure of creepiness. Chanyeol runs into the room, waving his arms in the air.

 

“I KNOW HOW YOU CAN CONFESS TO MINSEOK HYUNG, LUHAN HYUNG!” Chanyeol screams loudly.

 

“Umm, your idea is kind of too late, Chanyeol...” I hear Baekhyun say as my LuLu and I leave them to yell loudly at each other.

 


A few days later, Luhan and I are cuddling on my bed when Kris tip-toes in and puts a finger to his lip and with another one he points to a plant near my bed.

 

“Kris, what are you-” Luhan starts to ask.

 

“Shhh...I'm gonna hide behind this plant and wait for Tao to come and confess his love for me to you guys.”

 

“I don't think that will-” I start to say.

 

“Shhh...” Kris gets behind the plant and Luhan and I immediately begin to laugh because Kris's limbs and hair are sticking out so awkwardly.

 

“Hey Kris-” Luhan begins.

“SHHHHH!”

 

“Who took your BB cream anyway?” Luhan asks.

 

We hear a loud howl and Kris storms out of the plant and leaves my LuLu and I alone to continue our cuddling.