What is this feel?

Be Only Mine

“Whatever you do

Whatever you feel

Whatever you see

Just stay by my side”

The boy hummed to the delightful song as he parted his hair into half, and proceeded to brush it carefully, making sure to not ruin the waves. He put a black leather jacket on his white plain T-shirt giving it a classier feel, locked his silver necklace, and added some sweet perfume. He checked himself in the mirror, smirking at his flawless reflection, before turning around to check the time. A few knocks on his door were heard from the other side of the room.

“Taehyun ah! Are you ready?” yelled a husky voice.

“Yes Mino, just a minute!” replied the boy. He then turned off his iPod, and put his phone in his pocket. He opened his door and was greeted by a wide smile.

 

“Wow, someone has been pampering up a lot.” Said Mino looking up and down, studying every inch he could see from the boy’s body.

“Well, you said we were going to some great show with your friends, so I thought I should dress well.” Told him the latter, lowering his head to hide his blushing face. Mino’s stare was intimidating him.

“Are you sure? I feel like you’ll get some girls tonight!” laughed the rapper before getting slapped on the arm.

“Ugh, stop it! You’re so annoying hyung! Let’s go!” spat at him the younger boy, and headed toward the main entrance.

“Taehyun, you’re so easy to tease.” Smiled Mino, as he put his arm around the boy’s shoulders, and ruffled his well brushed hair, making him frown in the process. If only he knew why he pampered himself thought Taehyun, a sad smile forming on the curves of his mouth.

 

 

The taxi dropped them in front of a club in one of Hongdae’s animated streets. Mino linked his hand with Taehyun’s, and dragged him inside the place after checking their names with bouncer.

Loud hiphop music was playing as they entered the club, drowning them into this intoxicating ambiance. The lightening was pretty low, but thankfully Mino knew the place like his own pocket, so he could lead the way easily. The maknae felt a bit insecure though due to all the strangers piercing him with their sharp stares for unknown reasons. He tightened his grip on the rapper’s hand, who smiled uncontrollably. Somehow, he always enjoyed the way the pretty boy depended on him sometimes. Maybe because he felt reliable, he thought.

 

They made it through the crowd, and reached the VIP corner of the club, where they could spot some familiar faces.

 

“Jiho hyung!” yelled Mino, his face lighting up at the sight of his precious friend.

“Mino! Long time no see!” said the blonde boy, pulling the younger into a tight a hug before realizing that he wasn’t returning it. He stepped back and noticed a pretty boy clinging firmly to his dongseng.

“And this is?” he asked, amused by the boy who looked frail despite his well built body.

“Ah, sorry! This is Nam Taehyun, the one I told you about.” Replied Mino as he glanced at the maknae, giving him an encouraging smile to step further.

 

He had been longing to introduce Taehyun to his close friends since so long, but he never found the right chance to do it.  Ever since the WIN show, he had a hectic schedule and the only time he could see his friends, was during his long breaks, in which all WINNER’s members including Taehyun, would go back home. He felt sad at that thought, reminiscing all moments where he would laugh at Kyung or Jihoon’s jokes, and would look at his side, out of habit, waiting for the maknae to slap his arm. But someone else would be sitting beside him.

However, this show he was invited to by Jiho came at the right moment. WINNER didn’t have all of those concerts’ openings scheduled anymore, but they had to go to the YG building pretty often, as they were preparing for their debut. So none of the members moved from the dorm, and they still had some free days during the week. So when he asked Taehyun to go with him, and the maknae gladly accepted, although he found it weird to be the only one asked out.

 

He surely was the closest member to Mino, but Seunghoon was his best friend as well, and to Taehyun’s acknowledge, the rapper knew how much his hyung loved the hiphop world, and would’ve loved to accompany him there. But he didn’t complain. He couldn’t help but feel delighted, as to be the only one asked out. He knew how much Mino’s entourage was important to him, and being introduced to them made him feel quite special. Not that he had any low self-esteem, but it meant that he was more precious than a best friend for the rapper, that making him smile idiotically for days.

Mino in the other hand, couldn’t explain why he only wanted to bring Taehyun. Of course he wished he could see all of his friends, from both his past and present, getting to know each other. But somehow, the only person he thought about when Jiho invited him, was the maknae. He wanted to show off the boy for unknown reasons. It sounded stupid to him, but he felt proud having the boy by his side. And that, was something he still couldn’t explain to himself.

 

Mino snapped back to reality at the sound of Jiho’s voice.

“So this is the famous Nam Taehyun!” said slowly the leader, offering his hand for a shake. “Mino told me about how much pretty you were, but I didn’t think you would be prettier than Yukwon hyung!”

 

Taehyun held Jiho’s hand, shaking it slowly and hoping in the meantime, that the low lightening was hiding his sudden blushing. The boy before him was quite intimidating, but it wasn’t the reason of his change of color. It was the mention of Mino praising his visuals that surprised him. He was used to it though, when he was present. However, he didn’t know that the rapper was complimenting and talking about him with his friends. So he wasn’t the only one to think about him when he was missing.

 

Taehyun tried to suppress the uncontrollable smile creeping on his face, as he raised his head to meet the famous rapper’s eyes.  They had quite a frightening vibe but he wanted to leave a strong impression as well. He didn’t break their eye contact and smirked at him before replying confidently “Then I guess I really am. Nice to meet you Woo Jiho.”

 

To his surprise, the boy widened his eyes before laughing loudly. Was he mocking him?

 

“Wow, no need to be formal just call me Jiho or Zico! Don’t be this tensed up kiddo, just ease up and have fun with us tonight! Okay?” Said Jiho, tapping his back, and pushing him lightly in the direction of the reserved booth. Taehyun had to admit that he failed on his mission to leave a strong impression on Mino’s favorite hyung, but somehow he didn’t feel offended.  Jiho seemed like nice person he thought. No wonder, it was Mino’s friend after all.

 

Jiho, who still had his hand on his back, introduced him to the other attendees. Taehyun felt a bit shy, seeing all of their stares studying his whole body, but a squeeze on his shoulder made him feel confident all over again. He turned his head to the side, and saw Mino beaming reassuringly at him. Taehyun turned his head back and bowed at the people in front of him. One of them, who looked strangely like Jiho, invited him to go sit down, and told him the exact same thing that was said to him before: to ease up.

The maknae took place at one of the lounge’s end, accompanied by Mino, who sat next to him. Luckily, no one was paying attention to him anymore, and they were all back to their earlier conversations. The boy sighed in relief, and looking around him, studying the booth they were in. His eyes landed on a free seat, and knowing that this place was reserved, he wondered if someone else was about to come.

 

As if Mino heard his thoughts, he yelled up at Jiho who was sitting on the opposite side. “Where is Shiyoung?”

Jiho, who heard him despite the loud music, turned around and said that the missing person was preparing backstage. “I should go by now as well! You’ll cheer up for your Abeonim, Taehyun-ah, right?” He winked at him as he stood up, while everyone laughed. Taehyun didn’t get the joke, until Mino cursed Jiho loudly, who had already gone out of the booth.

 

He felt a bit uncomfortable before one of the people there, nudged him on the shoulder.

“Don’t take it seriously, he’s just joking.” He smiled at him and Taehyun had to admit that the boy was quite cute. “We’re all like pairs here and Mino and you are one. I often get teased as well even though I’m the hyung here.” He explained to him and the maknae had to gulp his saliva down, realizing what he just said. Hyung? He swore he thought the boy was younger than him. He was about to talk back when Mino grabbed his arm, and asked him to follow him, so they could watch the upcoming performance in time.

 

Just like before, the rapper lead him through the crowd, making the way wide for him to pass easily. They soon arrived to the up front. Taehyun was a bit afraid from being pushed by the people in the back, but Mino put his arm around his shoulders, making him feel secure as always.

 

Soon the lights went up on the small stage, and the music started playing. The crowd was jamming to it until a boy appeared on stage making them all scream in unison. Mino turned around to check if Taehyun wasn’t annoyed by it, and was puzzled by the expression he was displaying. The boy didn’t pay attention to the yelling almost piercing his eardrums. Instead, he was staring with widening eyes, straight in front of him, in the direction of the performer. The rapper noticed that the boy had his mouth open as well, as a bit of drool was slipping on the corner of his lower lip.

Soon, the maknae realized that and gulped down his drool, before proceeding to jam along to the crowd, still with  an amazed look toward the rapper on stage. But all this time, he didn’t notice the way his friend was staring at him.

Mino knew exactly what Taehyun’s look meant. He did the exact same thing, the first time Cho PD performed for him because he was his fan. And Taehyun was indeed a fan of the performer. He turned his eyes back to the stage to look at his friend’s idol: Giriboy.

 

He had to admit that the rapper was really good. He heard most of his mixtapes and liked them. He knew Jiho was one of his close friends, and was interested in becoming one as well, until today.

His hyung joined the stage and rapped along to the music, making the crowd scream much louder for him, but Mino could only pay attention to the other rapper. His was staring at him with a mixed feeling. He was both worried and angry. He couldn’t explain it, but he was already starting to dislike him. His feeling became stronger when he spotted him winking at a certain person in the crowd. He followed his gaze and his eyes landed on Taehyun.

 

The boy was smiling from ear to ear. The wink was for him. Mino was about to yell at him when he realized he didn’t have any valid excuse for it. He wondered why he was angry as well. Why this small contact between the two boys was annoying him? That made him even more worried.

Soon the performance ended, and Jiho went back offstage. Mino grabbed Taehyun’s hand so they could go back to the booth, but the boy stood still, probably wanting to see the rest of the show. The rapper let go of his hand and stood next to him. He felt irritated at the current situation. He wanted to shake Taehyun, to tell him to stop acting like a fanboy, and that confused him even more. Shouldn’t he feel contended seeing his best friend enjoying his world?

 

The rapper sang three other songs after Jiho left the stage, making Mino impatient at the beginning of each one. The boy was restraining himself from grabbing Taehyun’s hand and leaving the club. The countless times where Giriboy would purposely make eye-contact with the maknae and smile at him, added certainly to the fire burning inside him.

The rapper finishing the third song, waved at the crowd before landing his eyes lastly on Taehyun for the nth time, however he made sure to bite his lips this time, in an enticing way. All the girls squealed at his move, thinking it was for them, but there were three men who knew exactly to who it was aimed. And only one of them disliked it.

 

Mino didn’t wait for the rapper to leave the stage, grabbed Taehyun’s arm brutally, cursing under his breath. The maknae, however, was still dazed from the recent events to notice the change in his friend’s mood. He snapped back to reality when he found himself back in the booth. He looked down and saw Mino’s strong grip on his wrist, which was a bit painful.

“Hyung?” He tried to call him softly, a bit afraid from his tensed face.

The rapper soon realized what he was doing, and let go of Taehyun’s hand. He apologized, his voice full of guilt. What was he thinking? The maknae didn’t do anything wrong and he was acting like a jealous boyfriend which was complete nonsense. He promised to himself that he wouldn’t get angry for such petty things.

 

“It’s okay hyung.” Smiled the maknae at him. “I had a very good time but I’m feeling a bit dizzy. Let’s go sit.” He proposed and Mino followed suit.

They sat at the same place before the rapper stood up and proposed to bring refreshments. Taehyun loosened up, still dazed from what happened before. He was indeed a big fan of Giriboy. He didn’t expect to see him tonight at the club. He wondered if he could get his sign. He was about to turn around, and ask the fake hyung, as he liked to refer to him, when he saw a boy about Seungyoon’s height standing in front of Mino’s seat.

 

“Can I sit here?” He asked, titling his head to the side.

Taehyun froze and lost the ability to talk for a moment, realizing who it was. The other boy repeated his question, getting a bit impatient as he was holding two cocktails.

 

The maknae lost his capacity as to reply in coherent sentences “I..this…sorry. I mean it’s my..my friend’s seat. And he’s j-just about to come!” He blurted out, blushing from his clumsiness.

 

The boy laughed lightly before sitting despite what Taehyun just said. “I guess you’re talking about Mino? I’m sure he wants to sit next to Jiho though, he doesn’t get to see him often after all.”

 

Taehyun had to admit that the boy was surely right. Mino spent more time with the members, and he knew how much he missed his other friends. He felt a bit sad though, since he wanted to spend his night with him.

 

“Here for you, pretty boy.” Said the person next to him, offering him one of the two glasses. 

Taehyun was about to refuse out of courtesy but the boy insisted.

“I’m Hong Shiyoung by the way, also known as Giriboy but I guess you already know it.” Smirked to him the rapper, staring straight into the maknae’s eyes. The latter sipped in the drink nervously, not knowing how to react at the sudden interest he was receiving from his idol. “Can I know your name as well?” Asked Shiyoung.

“I..I’m Nam..Nam Taehyun.” Blurted out Taehyun, uselessly avoiding the rapper’s gaze.

“Such a pretty name, just like you.” Grinned the boy, getting closer to the boy before a dropping sound interrupted their little conversation. They both turned around, to see Mino staring at them, irritation written all over his face.

 

“Ugh, you’re so clumsy Mino-ya!” Yelled at him Jiho, who was sitting just behind him. He stood up, and gathered the two bottles of vitamin water from the floor. He pulled Mino back, and made him sit next to him.

Taehyun couldn’t take off his eyes from his friend, who was now sitting on the opposite side, and glaring at him furiously. Why was he angry, he thought.

 

“Relax, you’re scaring the kids!” whispered Jiho in Mino’s ear snapping him back to reality. The rapper realized he had been piercing the maknae with his eyes for quite a long time now. He loosened up and looked elsewhere to ease up the situation. He knew that he just made the situation uncomfortable for him, as the boy was looking at him with a questionable look.

He questioned himself as well. Why did that view frustrate him? Was it because they looked like flirting? And even if they were, he didn’t have any reason to be against it. Taehyun was his closest friend, and as a friend, he was supposed to seek for his happiness. And something was sure, Taehyun would clearly enjoy his idol’s attention. Mino felt that he didn’t have any right to argue about it. But he still felt a bit hurt?

He decided to chase that thought away, and proceeded to join Jiho and Kyung’s conversation, so he would think about something else.

 

“Hey, Taehyun, what’s worrying you?” asked Shiyoung snapping his fingers in front of the maknae’s face.

“Nothing..” replied Taehyun unsure of his own answer. Mino wasn’t irritated anymore anyways, but there was clearly a problem with him. He preferred to ask him about it later.

“Okay.” Beamed at him the rapper. “How about you remove your jacket by the way? You look a bit sweaty.” He proposed, wiping the few drops from the maknae’s forehead.

 

Taehyun blushed uncontrollably at the sudden skinship, before nodding and removing his jacket.

“Wow, I like your tattoo!” said Shiyoung, as he traced the long writing with his index. The maknae froze, once again not knowing how to react.

“I guess you’re a big fan of Jean Michel Basquiat? I love his works! What are your favorites?” asked excitedly the rapper.

 

Taehyun couldn’t restrain his smile from creeping from ear to ear. Someone else liked his favorite artist, and it wasn’t anyone. It was one of his favorite rappers. He regained his ability to speak properly, and enthusiastically began conversing with Shiyoung.

A pair of black eyes was following each one of their movements, trying to decrypt their conversation as well, from the way their lips were moving. Mino couldn’t focus wholly on Jiho or Kyung’s words. He would laugh from time to time at their jokes, even though he would’ve only heard half of it, just to make it look like he was listening to them. But all he could thing about was the pair talking with intimacy, on the other end of the lounge.

 

Taehyun was not the kind of person to open up that easily with someone from the first time. He knew it so well since he, himself, had difficulties interacting with him the first time he met him. It took him over two months to really become a friend, and another month to become his close friend, so he was able to have a lively conversation like the one before him. That fact was like a dagger piercing his chest, right through his heart.

 

He needed some air. He stood up after excusing himself, and went to the restroom. Taehyun followed him with his eyes, worried about him since the rapper looked somehow hurt?

“So you were a DJ before?” asked Shiyoung, learning things he found interesting about the young boy. He wasn’t just a pretty face, as he thought at first.

Taehyun snapped back to the conversation, and replied with a winced look. “Uhm, yes but I never really performed for a crowd.”

“Do you wanna try?” whispered the rapper in his ear. The maknae nodded along, feeling the excitement building inside his body.

 

The club was less crowded than before. Most attendees only came to see the lineup rappers performing, and since the show was over, they all left the club. The only staying persons were the ones used to the club, as well as the rappers and their entourage. The place was almost empty, which made it easy for everyone to circulate freely.

Mino came back from the restroom after refreshing himself. He glanced to the side and was surprised to see the two seats empty. He was about to ask his friends when he spotted the pair that was bothering him on stage. He was about to step forward and stop whatever they were about to do, but he thought this time before acting. What would be his excuse? He didn’t have any.

 

He sat down besides Jiho without detaching his eyes from the two new friends, although they seemed more than that. He tried to listen to Kyung’s talking but Taehyun’s constant laughing, that he could hear clearly since there wasn’t any music playing, was distracting him.

 

“Jiho hyung, what do you know about that Giriboy dude?” he asked a bit irritated.

Jiho was taken aback by his question but he got it instantly as he followed his gaze.

“How about what do you want to know about him?” smirked the hyung getting straight to the point.

 

Mino sighed, failing as always to be subtle.

“Does he like men?” The question came out so naturally from his mouth that he didn’t realize what he was implying.

“Did you mean if Taehyun is his type?”

Mino was the one taken aback this time by Jiho’s question but he was still focused on the pair flirting before him.

“Yes.” He answered, tensing up.

 

“Then yes! Shiyoung is attracted by both genders and Taehyun fall right between both. Even I, I am amazed by his beauty but I can feel his manly side. That’s totally Shiyoung’s type. The thing about him, is that he doesn’t fall for anyone easily. But if he does, he’ll try everything to get him or her. And I can assure you he wants your Taehyun. I knew it as soon as I saw him winking to him on stage. Nothing can stop him.”

 

Mino listened to Jiho’s line, feeling both worried and frustrated, but this time it was much more intense than earlier, since he knew exactly what that boy was planning. He looked at the way Taehyun was enjoying mixing few beats, touching the disks and moving freely as if he owned the whole material. It would’ve been a pleasurable view to see him doing all of this, with his sweet smile, if someone wasn’t all over him.

Shiyoung had his hands on Taehyun’s moving harmonically together, as he would whisper few things in his ears, and the maknae would laugh lightly at each one.

 

Mino didn’t know if he could handle this fire growing inside him. He didn’t care if he didn’t have any explanation for it anymore. He just wanted that rapper far away from his Taehyun. He was about to stand up when he felt Jiho squeeze his shoulder.

“Mino-ya, if you don’t want Shiyoung to steal Taehyun from you, you need to make the first step and make him yours.” He said in a serious tone.

 

Mino widened his eyes realizing what his hyung just said. He turned around explaining himself. “Hyung, I think you’re mistaken! I’m not into guys! You know I prefer girls!”

“It’s not about guys or girls. You have to know that love isn’t about types. You fall for a person not a gender, and you’re clearly in love with Taehyun.” He ruffled his hair before beaming at him. “Be happy that your hyung is saying wise things, kiddo! You should take notes!” He laughed a bit before continuing into a more serious tone. “What I meant is that, you have to confess your feelings to Taehyun if you want to keep him. And stop denying it for god’s sake!”

“But Hyung..”

“You are so obvious Mino! Everyone here thought you guys were an item, as soon as you came into the club, just from the way you were holding him so firmly. I bet you’ve never been this overprotective with your previous girlfriends. Also the fact that you have been sending daggers to Giriboy since his performance, wasn’t really playing in your favors. You are jealous! But I already knew about your feelings since you have been talking nonstop about him. I was even jealous of the attention you were giving him. You should praise your hyung whenever you meet him kiddo! Not talk about your wife!” He taped his head before turning around and starting a conversation with Kyung, ignoring totally a puzzled Mino who was now dealing with a new feeling; jealousy.

 

Was it jealousy that he has been feeling during the whole night? Even though, Jiho just told him about his own feelings, he couldn’t come to accept it. There is no way he could feel love for a man. Taehyun was just a friend, a close one, and maybe he was angry at Shiyoung because he felt that the boy was dangerous for his friend. Yes, that was it! Taehyun is straight and there is no way he can feel comfortable with such a man. As a good friend, he had to protect him. All what Jiho said was nonsense. He must’ve drunk too much, thought Mino.

He stood up, and waved goodbye at his friends before grabbing Taehyun’s jacket that was landing on his seat. He went to the stage, not trying to hide a bit his irritated look, since he had now a valid reason, he thought.

 

“Taehyun-ah, we have to go now! It’s late!” He said, firmly grabbing his wrist, breaking the contact between him and Shiyoung.

“But Hyung..” whined Taehyun, feeling hurt from the Mino’s brutal grip.

“NOW!” Yelled Mino loudly, attracting all the attention in the club, to the three men.

The maknae couldn’t talk back. His hyung’s anger took him aback. Plus, he didn’t want to make a fuss there. He smiled apologetically to Shiyoung before following Mino outside the club. The rapper only let go of his wrist once they were in the taxi cab.

 

They didn’t talk during the whole ride. Taehyun was looking through the window, fighting against the tears that were threatening to fall. Mino had never been this angry with him. And that fact that he didn’t know the reason of it, made him even more confused. Did he hate him? That thought alone made him feel like dying. He swallowed a sob, making sure to not be heard.

 

They soon arrived to the building and went up to their floor. They didn’t talk, nor did they look at each other, but Taehyun could feel Mino’s irritation, and he couldn’t handle it anymore. He turned around before they reached their door and yelled at his hyung.

 

“What’s wrong with you? What are you even angry with me?” He tried to sound as strong as possible, chasing away his upcoming sobs.

Mino stopped walking, and looked up at Taehyun, anger still not leaving his face.

“What’s wrong with me? More like what’s wrong with you? How can you act so carelessly? Flirting with men like that? It’s shameless! Do you even know that Shiyoung is gay? And yes, he was clearly seducing you!” Yelled back Mino, making sure to insist on every word.

“So what?” asked Taehyun, with a much lower voice this time.

“What do you mean?” said Mino, perplexed.

“So what if he’s seducing me? So what if I’m flirting with him? So what if he’s gay? Well breaking news for you Song Mino, I’m gay as well!” Blurted out the maknae in one breath.

 

Mino stayed silent, swallowing the words he just heard. He was about to step further when he felt Taehyun pushing him against the wall, and trapping him with his two hands. Their faces were only few inches away. Mino could clearly smell the alcohol from the boy’s mouth.

“If I were to kiss you right here, right now, would you push me out of disgust or because you wouldn’t be able to return my feelings Song Mino?” He whispered slowly, not breaking eye-contact with him.

 

The rapper couldn’t talk back. The whole situation was confusing him. The boy who was about to cry a while ago, was now about to kiss him, and he didn’t even know what to feel about it.

 

“That’s what I thought.” Spat Taehyun, a sad smile forming on his face. He stepped back, freeing Mino. Without a second glance, he went to their door, opened it and went inside, closing it after him.

Mino slid down the wall, feeling suddenly dizzy but the recent events. What if Jiho was right?

 

 

 


A.N: Over 4900 words! This is the longest chapter I ever wrote in my whole life lol  and I was thinking about making it a one shot (along with the other chapters lol)

I hope it wasn’t boring and that you stayed till the end to read this T.T I also apologize about my late. Nothing can excuse my horrible delaying but I’m still better than YG

So, tell me your thoughts about it ^-^ I would really appreciate a comment down bellow ^-^