♡ chapter one ♡

femme fatale x dsp media's new project group
OZ5FEnx.png
Saturday, 30 July, 2014; 8:05AM
 
     There were several people stuffed into the small dance studio; Gyeonghee, a two dance coaches and two singing coaches, and thirteen girls lined up on one wall. Just from a glance, it was obvious the lineup was made of girls in their late teens and early twenties. Gyeonghee paced back and forth in front of them, a clipboard and roster in her hands. She stopped suddenly and turned to the girls,

     "Get into alphabetical order by last name." she ordered. The trainees hastily asked each other for their names and proceeded to line up. Within one minute, they were all, presumably, in the correct places.

     The CEO's assistant nodded, "Okay, let's take roll. Hwang Eunhee."

     "Here."

     "Im Soyu."

     "Here."

     "Jeon Mirae."

     "Here!"

     Gyeonghee narrowed her eyes ever so slightly at the girl. Because of this Jeon Mirae, who arrived just about three minutes ago, they hadn't been able to start filming on time. The CEO's instructions were to arrive before 8:00, and this girl clearly did not have a good perception of time, or reasoning. They were on a tight schedule for filming because of the girls' training, especially today. This is why I hate project groups. The 34-year-old pinched the bridge of her nose and squeezed her eyes shut.

     "Ji Soomi." she continued, after a few seconds.

     "Here."

     "Joo Jiyeon."

     "Here." It was hard not to imagine the cocky smirk on the girl's face from the way she spoke. Gyeonghee couldn't help but shudder, just a little. Not nearly enough for any of the girls in line to notice,

     "Jung Nari."

     "Here."

     "Kang Yoonjo."

     "Here."

     "Kim Hyomi."

     "Here."

        "Kim Juyeong."

     "Here!"

     So much enthusiasm. the assistant thought before continuing, "Kim Saera."

     "Here."

     "Kim Yoonhee."

     "Here."

     "Lee Mayoung."

     "I go by Maxine."

     "Okay, kid. I'll be sure to remember that." Her words were kind, but her tone said otherwise.

     "Park Minah."

     "H-here." A small girl at the end of the line stammered, long black hair covering her face.

     "Please go to the correct place, Miss Park Minah." Gyeonghee said coolly. Minah' eyes widened and she switched places with the girl next to her. An "aish," along with a few choice curse words, escaped the assistants mouth in a murmur as she watched Minah,

     "Moving on..... Park Nambi."

     "Here. And, um, I go by Natalie."

     "Okaaaay." Gyeonghee drew out as she scribbled a few notes on the roster, a slightly annoyed look on her face, "And Yang Woohee."

     "Here."

     "I'm impressed everyone showed up. Let's get started." Gyeonghee turned to the dance and vocal coaches and nodded, "Today you will be showcasing your talents in singing, dance, and rap. Of course, we already know the extent of your skills from our monthly assessments, so this will be our way of introducing all of you to the TV audience. We will also be doing an interviewing segment today for next week's episode, which is why we asked all of you to bring a change of clothes."

Some of the girls "ooohed" in understanding. When they had received the news on Tuesday, both to meet in the dance studio and bring an extra outfit, it hadn't made much sense.

"Each of you will go up one by one, in alphabetical order, and show us your skills in singing and dance. Rapping is optional. The rest of you will sit there," Gyeonghee turned her head towards the folding chairs lined up along the opposite wall, "And watch each other. Remember to make your reactions exaggerated, but don't react too negatively to something, because your responses will most likely be put into the first episode. You want to try your best to not mess up your relationship with fans before you've even debuted."

     The girls nodded in understanding, and walked over to their seats. Mostly, they sat in their own little groups, out of order.

     "We'll be starting with some shots of you guys sitting here." Gyeonghee announced as she went to the door and let the cameramen in. The already crowded room was now almost suffocating.

     The director of the show, the girls assumed, stood with her hands on her hips, "For this part, just keep a neutral face, and don't look directly at the camera. Nothing too difficult." she scanned the girls' faces and stopped at Woohee, pointing at her, "But you, try and smile a bit more. Not a lot, but that frown has got to go."

     Woohee's frown deepened, "Smiling is too strenuous." she mumbled to herself, although the girl next to her, Maxine, could hear, and stifled a laugh.

     "Like this?" Woohee flashed a slight smile, but it was obviously forced.

     "A bit like you want to kill someone, but it's an improvement." the director replied. She turned back to the rest of the girls and clapped her hands, "Let's get filming!"
 
 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE. — So, if you guys couldn't tell, I used the friends and rivals y'all used in your apps for other trainees! Of course, they won't have a chance to debut, but I'm hoping to give them some cameos once the group debuts.

Anywho, part of the reason I brought this up is because of the talent portion. Should I skip their parts, or should I include them (meaning your character's friends and rivals)? And, if I were to do the latter, what would their strengths be? Their weaknesses? Let me know in the comments! If you don't really have a preference, I'll just pick something random for them.