Happy Ever After?

Contradiction

A few days have passed ever since she stopped meeting him. After those days, she can't help but feel abandoned. She knows he was at fault too, but she just can't explain the reason why she doesn't have any resentment towards the young man. Her guilt has taken over her and it kills her, She doesn't know why she even felt this, isn't she supposed to get mad at him and despise him for her whole life? He took her first kiss without considering her feelings and she almost lost her innocence. But she doesn't feel hatred; not at all. Verily, she even had the urge to go to his place and apologize for misleading him. For not giving an answer, instead, she cried like a baby. She hated crying; she always did. Especially when she felt something was wrong and that she needs to do something instead of crying.

Pabo Yoona.

She was woken up by the sunrays peeking through her compact windows, Yoona opened her eyes unwillingly and heaved a sigh. She looked really tired-more like haggard-she haven't got any sleep and black circles can bee seen below her sorrowful eyes.

The moments she had with him still lingered, memories of them just being themselves. For once in her life, she felt genuinely happy, he made her hang out with him totally unforgetable. He was gentle and witty at first but...things changed. It's not exactly what she thought it would be. After all that had happened, she thought it was over, but it was not. Beads of tears descended on her pristine cheeks, she closed her eyes and breathed out a long sigh. She then dried her cheeks using the back of her hand, continuously rubbing them as the pain she felt really made a great impact on her. Also, she erased the word "cry" in her vocabulary, but it came back and it filled her with loathing. As soon as she stopped her stressful tears, she stood up and did her best to not cry again.

-

-

-

-

Kyuhyun settled himself down the large rock, his hands clasped together, his face  inscrutable, eyes not showing any care for anything. He just stayed there on top of the cliff, whether it rained or if a meteor lands right in front of him he doesnt care, he wouldn't leave. The only thing he cared about so much slipped away from him, but it was his fault, lust took over him. He felt no discern over his feeling for Yoona, he loves her more than that. More further than that.

I blew it all up.

"Argh." he bellowed in agony and grabbed a medium size stone and threw it rather harshly down the cliff.

"Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" he repeatedly blamed himself whilst smacking his head with so much force he felt like crying.

He run his fingers through his locks and grabbed a handful of his hair tightly. He stared at the scenery in front of him. It was beautiful. But right now, he saw everything unsightly and the only thing he finds beautiful is Yoona. But he lost her.

"She will never forgive you.Never." he hissed at himself.

He closed his eyes and reminisence the moments they had on the top of this cliff. Yes, they went there. Truth to be told, the two teens had the most absolute fun together, just being themselves and laughing like there's no tomorrow.

Flashback

"Yoong! You're so slow!" he turned around facing the struggling Yoona from climbing up the cliff.

"I'm not really the adventurous type, you know." she fixed her hair and wiped the sweat off her face.

"C'mon, I'll help you it's almost sunset. We better hurry up you slow poke." he carried her abruptly and tried to run up the cliff.

"Kyu! put me doooooooo-" she widened her eyes, awed at the view infront of her.

"Beautiful isn't it?" he smiled and looked at the sunset, then at her.

"I've never seen anything like this." she smiled widely, truly awed by the breathtaking view.

"Really?" he softly said and gently put her down on the big rock, making her sit.

"The only thing I do is, school, home, school, home, sometimes our cafe, then back home. I never get to see the sunset because at this time, I'd rather read books than see the real thing." she looked at him and sighed.

"You just can't let this moments pass, it's precious. In this time, where urbanization is rampant, we're very lucky to still be able to take a glimpse of this." he looked back at her and carved a smile.

"That's why I'm really thankful that you're here. If you haven't become my friend, I bet I would just re-read all the books that I have read. It's tiring. Thanks to you I can witness the beauty of life." she stared back at the sunset.

"Actually, there are more things to come," he looked at the sky and beamed at it.

Yoona just curiously eyed him."After the sun goes down, there comes the moon and with the moon are the stars. For me, it shines brightly than the sun at noon, it's so attractive. I can look at it forever." Yoona chuckled. "I never thought you'd say those kind of things."

"What? It's true."

"I know but you sound different this way. It's not the pompous Kyuhyun I met. It's way different." she faced him giggling.

 

Kyuhyun and Yoona were now lying down the grass, looking at the stars, the sun finally came down and the night sky soon dominated their happy eyes."Look! it's the first star." he pointed at the star not far away from the moon.

"Wow~ the star twinkles so bright." she admired the star.

"The moon is full tonight." he muttered placing his hand over his head.

"It's so huge I think it would fall on us." she let out a hearty laugh.

"Yeah. Oh, look! another star, and another one and another one right there, looke there's another one!" he exclaimed happily and pointed out evey star that they can see.

"So many! Waah! Omo this is so awesome." out of joy she warmly gave Kyuhyun a hug. At first he was startled but hugged her back as it felt. right. 

He never felt so happy his entire life.

End of flashback

He chuckled bitterly as he recalls the memory of them spending their time in complete glee. He treasured that moment because he never had thought that Yoona was a lonely girl. At first, he thought that maybe she only has strict parents but have a lot of peers. He was wrong;Yoona is someone who yearns for a friend and freedom. "I'm the only one she's got." His heart is bursting knowing that he got her hurt emotionally, viciously disrespected her and most of all, lost a friend she only had. Him.

"Kyuu~"

"Yeah?"

"You're my friend, right?"

"What kind of question is that? Of course you are!"

"Really? Well then, I guess you are my first and one and only true friend."

"You know I am!"

They both laughed which reached their eyes.


After having breakfast, Yoona cleaned up the dining table and took the dishes to the dishwasher. After putting all of the dirty plates, she headed towards the front door to buy groceries for her mom. Ever since she started hanging out with Kyuhyun she never really got to do her duties at home. I guess he's not good for me. She was walking down the narrow alley, thinking about the things she's done, she has been going out early and arriving home late when she last spend time with him and yet she haven't heard any scoldings from her parents. Her parents are really stern when it comes to her, but they didn't resent her even though she's becoming like Kyuhyun. They know that their daughter hangs out with a rebel but they remain calm about it.

When she reached the department store, she gathered all the things needed by her mom and paid for it after. She took the plastic bag in her hands and made her way outside the store. As she was walking, she felt her phone vibrating inside her jeans pocket. She struggled as she tried to squeeze her hand inside her pocket to take her phone. Once she took it, she answered the call and put down the bunch of groceries in her other hand.

"Omma, yes I bought all the things you need. I'm on my way home."

She ended the call and put her phone back inside her jeans pocket. She took the groceries and resumed walking.

 

"What?!" Kyuhyun intimidatingly bawled at the poor old man who was standing next to him; seemingly observing him.

"Such a disrespectful young man! Didn't you're parents tell you not to treat your elders badly?" he uttered almost yelling.

"Shut up old man!" he muttered and glared at the man.

He was standing at the pavement near the department store, making it his territory that's why not many people pass by. Kyuhyun wanted everyone out of his way since his temper couldn't hold itself. But suddenly a man decided to share the pavement with him in the wrong time.

"Why this delinquent!" the old man got mad and attempted to whack Kyuhyun with his walking stick. But Kyuhyun had fast reflexes and managed to grab a hold unto the stick.

"You messed with the wrong guy!" he growled at the old man.

"Hey!" Kyuhyun heard someone from behind yell at him. He was about to snap back at the person who tries to dig its own grave but when he turned around, his heart stopped, he couldn't breathe and his dark aura change into a nervous one. Yoona on the other hand, dropped the bags in her hands out of shock, she didn't know that she would meet him again. She thought it was over but she really can't avoid him.

"Yoona." he said in a mere whisper almost inaudible for Yoona to hear.

"Why are you such a jerk?" she shouted making Kyuhyun startled. "Trying to hit a old man? My God, Kyuhyun. Haven't you learned your lesson?" she stared at him with great rage. She never felt so mad at someone before. Her body heated up and she made her hands into a fist, she was so mad right now that she's afraid that her heart might burst out from her chest. 

Kyuhyun didn't know how to respond, just a while ago, he was throwing his rage at the poor man but after a few minutes, he felt like his energy got drained and it's all because of Yoona.

"Listen, I know I was a fool. I'm sorry.Perhaps, there is no other way for you to forgive me but I just want to say that...my feelings for you are sincere. I accept your grudge and I know you despise me but it's okay. I deserve your hate." his eyes are full of regret,  he couldn't even look at her directly. His heart was also pounding erratically and he wasn't able to compose himself well infront of Yoona as the guilt was eating him alive.

"Don't you ever show your face to me ever again." She muttered, tears forming in her eyes.

She turned around leaving Kyuhyun on his spot and grabbed her groceries. She headed straight and used another way home because she couldn't bear facing him again. Tears that formed earlier had escaped her eyes, she couldn't wipe it away since she was holding the groceries so she half-heartedly carried them home.

 

It's been a year, everyone seemed normal including Yoona. But things didn't change much,like her parents. As for her, she started being the same old Yoona before all the drama had happened. In school, she met this new student from Busan, he was nice and outgoing, he also likes to read books like her, they were even mistaken as twins. He was the boy version of Yoona, as what others might say. The only thing was, with him, all they did was to study, everytime he goes to their house he would bring books that Yoona find delightful to read, but sometimes, she had had enough with books. He was a complete nerd, he dresses uncoolly and doesn't know how to fix his own hair. But who is she to ignore him, right? Like what was said earlier he was her friend. Yoona never really had a friend, except for one.

"Hi Yoona!" Changmin waved cheerfully at Yoona.

"Hi there." She waved back but not as cheerful as him.

" Uhm, do you want to experiment on a new project? It would be lots of fun and I bet you would want to do it again next time." Changmin spoke in a nerd like tone.

They were infront of Yoona's cafe. She didn't know why but her parents doesn't seem to acknowledge Changmin, every time he comes she'd see a crease on one of her parents foreheads. He's smart and a good influence for Yoona but she feels like her parents doesn't approve of her being friends with Changmin.

"Sorry but I can't." She muttered regretfully. She really wanted to come but she has duties at the cafe and she just can't go whenever she wants to. 

"Oh, can I help you with something then?" He replied with a half smile.

Yoona nodded and went inside and son after Changmin followed.

 

As she was serving the food to the customers the background music suddenly played. She turned around and saw Changmin plug the wire to his phone.

I let out a big breath
I couldn’t really hear what you just said
All of our moments, all of the scenes have gotten blurry again.

 Yoona's heart skipped a beat hearing the first part of the song. She suddenly thought of what had happened before. Memories started to form again. She let out a deep sigh and tried to compose herself, at least for now.

I remember when you said
You didn’t hate me enough to break up
But you didn’t care enough to love me
You already brought your cold words one by one

In your smoothly flowing words, even the erased memories are being written again, as it becomes smaller
Maybe I feel sorry, maybe I want to run away right now
I’m just filled with resentment during the moment of farewell.

Her eyes began to form tears again, tears that she hated ever since. She tried biting her lip but the pain is worst than her lip biting. She then continued to serve the orders and acted normally so that none could notice her but as soon as the first tear fell she really can't hold it back. She wiped it with her thumb and excuse herself to her dad that is seated in one of the tables.

She went to the back door and sat down on the ground and began to cry, she had not noticed that she had been crying over a song. A song that relates a lot to her life.                       

 

Wanting to forget you and wanting to hold onto you
My heart gets mixed up and fights

 Today is like yesterday and tomorrow

Like I’m floating along like a small piece of dust

I try hating you
Looking for the reason we had to break up
Then my heart sinks
When I find myself not having forgotten
anything
Another day passes like this

If I had a way to erase my memory, what would I do?
When I open my eyes tomorrow and have no memory of you, would I live comfortably?

She started to sob, she covered her face with her hands and just continued crying. The pain didn't seem to heal, she never forgot their farewell, it was making her vulnerable whenever she had it in mind. Her heart yearns for him, he is differnt from all the other guys she had met. The joy he gave her, from his smiles, laughs, and all other things that he did made her feel happy. She had experienced how good it is to live and it's all thanks to him. Everyday she would remember him but she tried her best to forget everything and leave the past behind, but, she just can't.

Her sobs were audible enough to be heard inside, so once she realized it, she put herself together and headed back inside. Coming out with puffy eyes from the toilet, everyone eyed at her suspiciously and proceeded to what theey were doing before. Her father looked at her with pity as she knows well what is happening with his daughter. But he can only look at her from far away because he doesn't know how to reach out to her.

Yoona began to wash the dishes and noticed that Changmin had already left. Setting her feelings aside, she continued to wash the dishes. In the middle of her washing she heard the bell ring signalizing that there is a customer. She then stoppped washing and dried her hands with a clean towel. As she turned, her eyes widened and she froze on her spot.

Kyuhyun

After a very long time she got to see him again. The pain was resurrecting again, her heart pounding erratically and felt like it's going to burst out from her chest.

When Kyuhyun came he felt so nervous, he didn't know if Yoona had forgiven him yet. It has been a year ever since their tragic farewell-for him it was and it still is- and yet he never forgotten. He still loved her but he knows that he can't because it is not meant to be. Nevertheless, he still watched her, just to make sure that she's safe. So now here he is in front of Yoona who is still frozen on her spot. He didn't know what to do since she doesn't know how to start a conversation with her yet. He placed himself on one of the chairs then stared at her.

Yoona gulped at their eye contact, she heaved a sigh and went to his table to take his order.

Great. I'm the only waitress here.

She tried her best to not have eye contact with him but when she looked up, she saw him looking on the table.

"This is so awkward." Kyuhyun thought.

"What should I do? What should I do?" Kyuhyun was panicking inside, he felt like a coward, he's already here, there's no backing out. Moreover, Yoona is just standing a few feet from his table looking so awkward. So with enough courage he gulped and shot up and spoke.

"I'd like you to kindly sit with me and talk." He spoke.

Yoona shot up with her eyes obviously in shock of what he just said.

"Please." he whispered in a pleading tone.

She sat down awkwardly across him and then there was a complete silence.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Yoona." The sound of his voice calling her name softly gave her chills. 

"Okay. I know that this is awkward but--I want to straighten things up."

"Yoona." he called out again.

"First of all, I just want to deeply apologize for disrespecting you. I'm stupid. I should have never done that. Listen, Id on't know why, but I just can't stay like this. I-I jerk for letting lust take over me without considering your feelings. I have done so much to you and I just want you to know that my feelings for you never changed. In fact it got worst. Worst for my heart to take."

He halted with his words and tried reaching out for her hand but as soon as he gestured his hand, she abruptly hid it from him.

She looked at him, tears falling,again, she hated it. This was the first time Kyuhyun ever saw her cry since the incident. It killed him. He felt like being struck by lightning and pricked with a thousand needles. He can't bear it any longer so he just did what his heart wants to shout out loud.

"I love you." he said in the most loving manner.

With that Yoona's tears started to fall once more, Kyuhyun held her face and wiped her tears away.

She felt mute, she wants to tell him everything but doesn't let her. Her heart is screaming his name and she felt like dying if she cannot confess to but suddenly...

BANG!

The door was broken and soon, a man with a gun entered.

"Put your hands up and don't make a move!" he bawled with threatening eyes.

They all stood up and did what was told.

The man went to the cashier and opened one of the drawers harshly that the it fell on the ground.

"Where is the money?!" he screamed with rage and took Yoona by the neck.

Yoona had her head high up and her feet almost off the ground.

"Let go of her you jerk!" Kyuhyun screamed angrily and hit the man with a chair.

Yoona was retreated back and went to her father immediately. The man instead of getting hurt managed to smirk 

"You think I'd fall?" he spoke teasingly.

"Boy, you're still young don't you want to treasure it?" he let out a sinister laugh and gave him a stern look.

"You mess with my girl, you mess with me." his tone was definite that he wasfurious.

"Delinquents should learn their lesson."

with that he threw a hard punch on Kyuhyun's stomach making him fall on the ground.

Yoona tried to go to him bu her father wont let her go.

"Here,j-just take the money." Yoona's father gave the box from his table containing the money.

"I shall have my fun first."

He walked up to Kyuhyun and carried him by his shirt. Kyuhyun tried to punch him but he was to fast and big. The man jabbed him and when he fell again he kicked hisside vigorously.Kyuhyun was in drastic need of help, Yoona badly wants to save him but his father wont let her move from her spot.

Kyuhyun was bleeding internally, he felt it. He was bruised and yelped in pain but the man wasn't contented yet. He beat him up and warned the people their lives if one of them tries to help. Yoona was crying so hard that she just wanted to die. This is to much for her, ,her father, wanted to help but  he was afraid.

"P-please, just take the money. Have mercy on him. He's just a boy. Please take the money."

The man chuckled darkly and let go of kyuhyun. He took the money harshly but before he came out of the cafe the sirens were heard. Even before he tries to escape the police are there. He tried to escape but to no avail it was no use.

"Kyuhyun!" Yoona ran to the bleeding Kyuhyun.She hugged him tight and just cried. 

"I'm sorry.I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." was all she said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The blinding light was the first thing that appeared in Kyuhyun's eyes. He was in a hospital bed and from his left side he saw Yoona sleeping soundly. He carressed her hair softly amd soon Yoona woke up.

"Kyuhyun!" 

Yoona was enlightened to see him regain his consciousness since he passed out when he got beaten up. He was sent to the hospital because of that.

"Wait, I'll call the doctor." Yoona said and was about to run out.

"Wait, no." Kyuhyun held her wrist tightly.

"Not now."

"Okay, How are you? Does something hurt? Tell me?" Yoona asked him worriedly and looked for any part that might have cause him pain until now.

He heaved a sigh when he saw the bruise in her jaw.

"I'm sorry. It's my fault. I should have been more alert." he touched that part and carresed it lightly.

"I have always caused you pain and trouble I'm s--

Kyuhyun was cut off in his sentence when Yoona kissed him. She kissed him lightly but lovingly. Of course Kyuhyun was in shock and his mind got blocked.

"You talk too much." was all she said before kissing him again but this time passionately.

" That's for stealing my first kiss." she kissed the dumbfounded Kyuhyun again.

"That's for saving my life." she kissed him for the third time.

"I love you... so much." She looked at him dearly and pecked his lips multiple times.

"Ilove you. I love you,I love you,I love you." she repeatedly said while smiling widely.

Kyuhyun was astounded and he couldn't sink in all that just happened.

"Y-You love me? You really love me? Am I dreaming? Cause if I am I don't want to wake up."

"Ouch! What was that for?" Kyuhyun exclaimed as Yoona gripped his hair.

"You're not dreaming. I love you okay. So stop talking and just kiss me~" she was about to aim on hi lips when Kyuhyun placed his finger on her lips.

"Why don't we continue it somewhere else? Somewhere private?" He smirked.

" What do you mean by that? Aren't we already somewhere private? You can't go anywhere because your confined." she said.

"You know where I mean." Kyuhyun winked at her. But Yoona didn't want to so she gave him a stern look.

"Please? Can we get out of here? I feel like I won't  get any better if I stay here.Pleeease?" he complained and for the very first time did aegyo.

"Okaaay~ But how?"

"Let's sneak out." Kyuhyun grinned.

Yoona lifted one of her eyebrows and smirked.

Kyuhyun changed his clothes and soon sneaked out with his girlfriend.

"Yoong!"

"Yeah?"

"I Love you too."

He held her close and kissed her passionately.

"Yoona?"

The couple parted and looked at the person who called Yoona.

"Cha-angmin."

Soon Yoona's parents along with the nurses came out and saw them.

-

"-

-

-

-

Run!"


Hi guuys! this is the end of the story. Sorry for the long wait. I got busy cause of school so I wasn't able to update.....i hope you liked my ending...i know its not the best you've evr read and its too long but I tried my very best to finish it................Anyways,THANKYU SO SO MUCH FOR ALL MY LOVELY SUBSCRIBERS WHO PATIENTLY WAITED FOR MEEE! i owe you guys a lot. i hope all of you didn't fall asleep while reading this........Hooray for Kyuhyun and yoona! hooray for kyunaaaa!!! god bless you guys:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD btw, the songs are some lines in kyuhyun's song eternal sunshine and moment of farewell.