The End of the Rest of Our Lives

Maybe Death Isn't So Bad

The pair walked back into the living room.

"Guys, Bambi. Bambi, guys." Kwangmin said introducing everyone. He took a seat next to Youngmin.

There was a chorus of, "Hello!" came from the guys. 

"Bambi! I'm Key, you can take a seat next to Jeongmin." Key said and motioned to Jeongmin sitting on the couch. 

Jeongmin smiled and Bambi sat next to him.

"Hello!" Jeongmin whispered.

"Hi!" Bambi said with a wave.

"We were just going over food rations for this month. We are running dangerously low, guys! The forest is almost cleared out too. We will be running on fumes soon." Key began. "Youngmin, would you be able to see what is close?" 

"Yeah, sure!" Youngmin said. He leaned back in his seat and shut his eyes. 

"Youngmin has basically a power of the 'sixth sense' almost. He can sense movements around us and where certain things are. We mostly use it for enemy control, but it helps with food too." Jeongmin whispered. 

"Power?" Bambi asked.

Before Jeongmin could explain, Youngmin came through. 

He began coughing and rubbed his temples, "Nothing." 

Everyone sighed a sigh of defeat. 

"I figured..." Key groaned. "Oh, Bambi!"

Bambi looked up at him, "Y-yes?"

"Who would you like to bunk with?" 

Bambi froze and looked around the room, "um.."

"She can bunk with me and Jeongmin." Taemin said. 

"Thank you, Taemin!" Key said. 

Bambi turned around and looked at Taemin and smiled.

Taemin winked at her, which made Bambi blush a little.

"Well, that's the end of that! Donghyun and Minho, you two are on watch tonight, as for everyone else, have a good sleep. Tomorrow I hope to see you all down here by eight sharp! Or else." Key said walking back and forth in front of the group. 

Donghyun and Minho headed for the artillery and the others went to their separate rooms. Taemin walked over to Bambi. 

"H-hey.. Bambi is it?" He asked.

Bambi nodded, "and you're Taemin?" 

"Yea! Oh yeah.. About earlier.." Taemin began. 

Jeongmin walked over, "shall we go to our room?" 

He took hold of Bambi's hand and walked to the room, with Taemin following behind. They walked down two corridors and went all the way to the last room. Bambi shuddered.

"What's wrong?" Jeongmin asked.

"Just.. Reminds me of a place I used to know." Bambi sighed.

Jeongmin nodded and opened the room.

It was a small room. There was two cots, one on each side of the room with shelves over them. The shelves were lined with dust, and some small knickknacks. Next to the door was a beat up old desk with a chair just as old. In the center of the room was a launge chair, the kind that pulled out by a lever. Above that was a window that was cracked open. It was the same gray-toned as earlier. The ceiling held a fan that was turning at the slowest speed. The walls were peeling and burnt from candles that were in various places around the room. 

"Crown Palace, right?" Jeongmin said and chuckled. 

"I've seen worse." Bambi said. "Should I take the chair?" 

"No! Take my bed, I can sleep there." Taemin said and motioned to his bed. 

"Nah, I like sleeping on couches and chairs and such." She said with a chuckle. 

Taemin frowned, then took the blanket off his bed. 

"Take this at least, y'know.. In case you get cold." Taemin said holding it out to her. 

"No, it's your's! I don't want to be a burden, this is your room." Bambi said and pushed it back to him.

"You're our buddy!" Jeongmin said jumping up from his bed. 

"Buddy?" She asked.

"Yeah!" Jeongmin shouted and put his arm around her shoulders. "Picture us, the three musketeers! Me and Taemin here could use a third one." Jeongmin said. 

Bambi blushed and moved out from his arm.

"That's very flattering I must say.." She said.

"I.. Have a question." She said slowly.

"Go on." Taemin said. 

"Why are my clothes.. So different?" She said gripping her shirt.

The boys were wearing heavy jeans that were tighter towards the bottom. Jeongmin had gray combat boots, and a hoodie with a ripped up sleeveless denim jacket. He also had a bandana wrapped around his neck. Taemin wore the same bandana wrapped on his upper arm, but he had regular sneakers and a tank top with a plaid button up jacket. Meanwhile Bambi was wearing cut off jean shorts and a oversized sweater. 

Jeongmin chuckled as he eyed Bambi up and down.

"After a day or two, someone drops off a box with your name on it. It has everything you need! Clothes, shoes, everything you need! We get a couple outfits too. We don't know who exactly drops them off, but they're helpful. Our clothes protect us from the monsters, the cold, and all the dust." Taemin said. 

"In video games, when a girl gets higher leveled armor, there's barely anything. So it should be interesting to say the least!" Jeongmin said. 

Bambi blushed and looked down. 

"Dude!" Taemin shouted and smacked his arm.

"Oh.. Eh.. Um.. I'm sure it'll be very pretty!" Jeongmin said and sat back down on his bed. 

"Sorry about him.." Taemin sighed. 

"Don't worry about it.." 

Taemin layer back on his bed and stared at the ceiling. 

Bambi sighed and sat on the chair.

'This is the rest of my eternity? What the hell IS this! I have no one back on Earth that really is going to miss me... Now that I know what Tom actually thinks. Even Royale's Kisses! The shows haven't been as busy, and Destiny was sneaking up to my spot too. There were so many days that I wanted to die, but now that I know what it really is... I rather still be back home on the pole! Not here, fearing my life with those monsters! What good can come from this place?' Bambi's mind began to wander as she drifted off to sleep.

 

=====================================================

Hope you liked it! I'm going to be writing as much as I possibly can, and I have already began planning out another story. Stay tuned for more! :)