Final

Moving On

 “She’s doing fine you know.” My friend Key said to me. The warm and sunny weather is wonderful today, but it was the complete opposite of how my mood is right now. The rays of the sun was shining brightly through the windows of the coffee shop. I take a quick glance at Key, then turn my head the other way to look at the little kids playing outside. ”I didn’t ask.” I said, trying to sound stern so that maybe we can move on from this subject.

Or maybe not…

“Oh cut the crap Amber. You think I don’t see you constantly checking her Facebook every day, which is a little stalker-ish might I add. Or when you look at her pictures on Instagram with that little creepy smile of yours.” I can feel my cheeks turning red at his statement. Damn, I thought I was good at being sneaky.

It’s been months since I’ve last seen her beautiful face. It’s been months since I’ve heard her angelic voice. It’s been months since she told me she was leaving. Her reason? She just didn’t love me as strongly as she did before. I spent weeks locked inside of my messy apartment trying to figure out what I did wrong. The empty drawers that used to be filled with her clothes, the picture frames which contains the memories of our precious moments, and her scent that lingered around the apartment were constant reminders of her. But I would be lying if I said I wasn’t doing better now than how I was before.

“When are you gonna finally move on?” Key asked me softly while taking a quick sip of his coffee. That question. It’s a question that I ask myself every day. I guess I can say that I’m making significant process, but I don’t know if I can completely move on. She was my first love after all.

“You don’t know hard it is okay!” I can feel a lump in my throat starting to grow. “She was my everything. I was with her every day and every night, she was the only thing that I thought of every second of every day. And for her to just leave me like that? It feels like everything that I’ve ever known was taken away from me and now I have to live a completely new life. A new life without her. So I’m sorry that I haven’t moved on. I’m sorry that I’m not okay.” I guess my emotions got the best of me and I could feel the tears slowly rolling down my cheeks.

Key immediately rushed over and took a seat next to me. He wiped the tears off with the pads of his thumbs. “I’m sorry Am. It’s just that it kills me, it kills everybody to see you like this. I just want you to be happy again.” He gives me a warm hug and I took comfort in it. I give him a pat on his back and pull away.

“I know Key. I want me to be happy again too. It’s gonna take some time I know, but I’ll get there eventually.” I give him my best smile. It was probably my most genuine one yet.

While sitting there next to my best friend, I can’t help but to recall the beautiful memories that I shared with her. Because even though I’m beginning to move on that doesn’t mean that I can remember and cherish the moments I had with her.

Thank you for everything. For giving me the chance to love you. For creating beautiful memories with me. And for making me feel loved even though it was only for a period of time. Thank you Krystal Jung.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! This is the first story that I've ever written and I'm a little bit nervous about it. Sorry if there are any mistakes, I'm on summer vacation right now so my brain isn't really functioning properly. But please do comment, I'm curious as to what you guys think. Thank you for reading, I really appreciate it :)