1 / 1

First Love

                It is winter in the midst of February. The weather was cold. Traces of white, fluffy snow was still visible at the side of the pathway, making it look wet and slippery as the time being. 24th January 2015. Jungkook’s first experience in high school really fascinated him. He just can’t wait to meet new people as many as he possibly could do.

 

                The day started as usual for Jungkook, just more brightly, not without too much awkwardness like the rest of the other days. The sunshine beamed at him the time when the morning greets the day, and the weather was still cold, like the winter should be. But it’s slowly getting heated from time to time, allaying the coldness to bite.

 

               In class, his friends started to greet him sense fully when they met. But they weren’t too friendly, just average and formally, one like they did when they should act to the person when their first meet. They didn’t know much about each other better yet, so, an assuring smile and comfortable gesture would be enough for that beginning part. Jungkook feels tense down a little, but V always sticking to him. It makes him more than feels glad.

 

               ‘’What is Haber’s formula?’’ Mr. Leo, a twentieth young man with lanky figure and poker face expression (to V’s point of view) asked without too much hype in his voice. Only two years experiences in teaching didn’t taught him well how to communicate with the students and make them excited to study. V said that he should get to course (of course he’s only whispering his suggestion to Jungkook who just nodded and agree) and learn to improve his skill.

 

               Around them, there weren’t too much students feels like wanted to focus. Only the girls with their unstoppable loves gazes had been shot at the teacher. V sighed annoyingly. Jungkook writes, actually doodled on the paper with various shapes and nonsense letters. V always blabbering by his side, once in a while grabbing a pen and interfere into Jungkook’s little own world. He said that those girls should open their eyes wide apart and look at him instead. What so special about that Leo guy?

 

               ‘’We should go for an outing once in a while. I had many friends. Really a lot. I do mean it when I said a lot….’’.

 

               Jungkook smiled. V is popular. Jungkook knows it. He had a really friendly gesture, bombarding mouth that would never stop talking and always tend to make thousand silly jokes. From the first impression, his image was assuring. It’s comfortable to be around him. Though he always bragging about his good looks to girl to confine them and dates, but yeah, he’s friendly. People love him.

 

               When the teacher finally dropped his book and pen at the moment where he finally ended with the lesson, V slept, tucking his head deep inside his opened schoolbag. Jungkook was bored. He looked around, probably noticing some of his girls classmates were doing inappropriate affection towards their teacher by throwing paper planes on him but was ignored. And his other classmates, they were playing game through online, maybe Counter Strike or Warcraft, fighting against each other by their own perspective portable laptop. Jimin was the loudest amongst them. He always bragging when he was wins and scream hysterically when he was loses. His friends didn’t understand him really.

 

               High school was fantastic. Especially when the rules aren’t that strict that they even allow their students to bring electronic devices to school and doing uneducated reason. But he was still bored. There weren’t anybody that want to talk to and was lonely, expect for Sungjae at the corner, but he was playing bubble with somebody, shorter, whose named Ilhoon.

 

               Pouting he continue back to write doodles on his notebook. It just when he realizes it was finally full and no more spaces were invaded to draw, he sighed. Even notebook couldn’t consider his current state. He looked everywhere. But was clueless. His hand was itchy to do something, exactly something useless. Staring onto the table, he smiled brightly and started to inked his pen there. But he’s not writing doodle, just a sentence, for fun.

 

 Annyeong~

                   My name is Jeon Jungkook. I’m a first year student. ^^ High school is refreshing, but friendless. You know, it’s hard to communicate with someone when you’re too shy. Guess I am!! Haha! I’m afraid somebody didn’t want to be my pal. And I’m really awkward at speech too…TT.

p/s: First day study in lab was fun, but the teacher got students’ passion…^^

         

He beamed brightly, like the writing was something of his most ultimate artwork.

 

 

 

 

X

 

 

 

 

               It turned out that they were study in the lab again for the next two hours after an hour in the class and recess. Jungkook quietly writes a note on his place, the same seat and table. V was slept, again. And his other classmates were playing games, while the other half was flirting. It’s just a boring period in his life for the young lad, and it was like a ticking clock hand, passing by over the moment repeatedly.

 

               With a low hum (which then he got scolded by V for intruding his nap), he drew the tip of his index fingers silently over his previous writing on the table. He smiled when he read it again, not expected to see a reply just right underneath it.

 

 

               Hi Kookie….^^

                              I’m Jin. I’m a fifth grader. My final year in high school, grrr~haha. Btw hello~can I be your friend?? –your handwriting is nice and neat-^^ I can guess that you are a really good kid, aren’t you? That’s okay if you are too shy to converse a talk. We can write. Here.

 

 

               Breathtaking. Suffocated. Joyful. Jungkook sprung his head up and stared at the message. It’s a reply. He didn’t know who, but it’s still….a reply. He never thought that he actually would get any. But he read it again, silently. The one who write it seem nice and he grabs a pen, ready to write another message. Underneath it.

 

 

               Hi Jin…hyung. Can I call you hyung?? Haha….thanks for the compliment. But your handwriting is nice too~I’m not really a good kid. Just, a lone ranger. Kids in my class love to play games and flirt with the teacher, but my close friend always sleep and I was alone. T_T…

 

         

               He taps his pen’s lid back. That guy sounds nice. But he was in his way to dig him deeper. Maybe just a friend is okay. He didn’t want to meet him instantly, though he was eager and fascinated. He didn’t want to be awkward around him the other time they’re going to meet. He wants to, but he is shy. Yeah. He is shy.