Part I

Banana Patbingsoo Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There were two hamsters happily going to eat banana patbingsoo. And she knew very well that the hamsters are her and him. Once she was about to take a spoon of her patbingsoo, everything was going bright….

… as if she was pulled back to reality.

 

Eyes opened wide, and she felt loss for something she was about to get right in front of her nose. And for the first time in her pregnancy period, she had a fervent craving on to something: banana patbingsoo.

Eunji laid on her side and sighed hard. She her dry lips while watching at her sleeping husband beside her, she was hesitating of waking him up. All this time she was never been as fussy of craving on something as any pregnant woman usually did. She felt guilty somehow since Kim Sunggyu will always grant anything she wanted and spoilt her so much during her pregnancy thus she tried hard not to be a burdensome and too carried away by her random mood swings and desires.

However her current desirability was too fervent, her dream just before was felt so true she would do anything to get what she was about to have in that dream. She might ask what she was currently craving for the next morning, but she really want to have a banana patbingsoo right at that moment. But again, watching at his tired face made her hesitating enough to wake him up at this ungodly hour. And logically there wouldn’t be many shops open at this kind of hour. Moreover, the one she craved for.

She was a pregnant woman, ain’t she? Nothing would be logical once a pregnant woman had her desire to have something. It wouldn’t be any pain if she asked her husband, right? Just for this time, she took promise for herself. As she always held back her desire, this time she wouldn’t hold it anymore.

She lifted her hand to his side, carefully lining his pointed nose by her fingertip. She always had this eager to touch his nose without any particular reason. Can we just say that his nose is somehow delectable?

He shifted in his sleep and shook his head unconsciously by her touch while groaned inaudibly. His hand came up to rub his itchy nose with his eyes still shut tightly. She found him so cute like that and giggled. Eunji touched him again and again, enjoying the fun of teasing him in his sleep until he finally opened up his small eyes and stared blankly at her, obviously still in his sleepy state yet full of question of why she woke him up.

She stared back at him, but still no word came from both sides.

“Oppayah,” she started.

“Hm?” his humming sounded too far as part of his soul still deeply left in his slumber.

“I want patbingsoo.”

He nodded somehow and she was about to cheer happily before she saw him closed his eyes back and buried his face deeper to his pillow completed by a deep snore, leaving her dumbfounded.

“OPPA!” she called him louder this time.

He instinctively jolted up and looked around in surprise until he found the sight of his wife on her side with a pout plastered on her face. He blinked several time to slap his slumber away and yawned, “What’s up, Ji?”

She could clearly see how his eyes got watery as the aftereffect of his yawn. He must be still sleepy right now. And she felt so sorry but not sorry to him. Though she felt guilty, she was certain to be a spoiled woman to her husband just for this moment. Didn’t he promise to grant any of her wish once she came back to him after their very fight months ago? Now she felt pathetic for using him like this.

“I want patbingsoo,” she pleaded, looking at him with her most puppy eyes.

He stared at her for some moment, trying to process her words. “Okay,” he answered simply and stretched his tensed body before sitting up and realizing what time it was. Sunggyu then turned back to his wife who has successfully propped herself to sit as well and he stared at her in disbelief as he has gained back his conscious. “But it’s two in the moring, Ji-yah. What kind of patbingsoo shop still opens at this kind of hour?”

“But I want patbingsoo. Now. Right at this time,” she insisted with a pout. “Our baby wants it,” she added as she reached for his hand to touch on her belly. She knew it very well that Sunggyu will always be very weak over their unborn baby.

“Uh-oh, okay,” he was totally defeated. “I’ll try to find any shop that might open at this hour…,” he mumbled as he reached for his phone on the nightstand but was stopped by her. He gave her a confused look for her attempt to stop him.

“I want banana patbingsoo that’s sold in front of our high school, Oppa,” she has already had a specific kind of what she wanted in her mind. And that wasn’t an easy request thus Sunggyu’s jaw dropped because of that.

“But that’s too far away, Ji-yah. And I’m not sure if that ahjumma still opens the shop,” he dared to complain at the pregnant woman.

“But I want banana patbingsoo from her shop!” she whined like a child as she bounced on the bed and shook his arm rapidly.

“Alright, alright, but please stop bouncing like that, jagiyah. Be careful for your pregnancy,” he held her to stop his dangerous movement as she was now in her eighth-going-to-ninth month of pregnancy. He was amazed as she has never acted this spoiled before. “Alright, I’ll go to her shop checking if she was still run that shop and buy patbingsoo for you,” he smiled and was going to get himself up from the bed when she still grabbed his arm thightly.

“I want to come too.”

“Jagiyah? But you’re on your ninth month of pregnancy!” he reasoned her with his brows furrowed worriedly.

“But I want to! You said that you will grant my wish no matter what. It was my first time asking you like this, and I want to eat patbingsoo at the shop in front of our school right now!” she whined again. She didn’t even understand why she could be this stubborn. And her husband was speechless at the sight. He never thought that facing a craving pregnant woman would be this hard. He somehow regretted that he ever promised her that way.

“Oh, come on! Be logic, Ji. What kind of shop will be opened at this ungodly hour? And you’re on your ninth month pregnancy for God’s sake!” he scolded her. “Let me try to find any shop opened now and you just have to wait for me here, okay?”

“But I want that certain one! I want patbingsoo from that ahjumma in front of our school! You don’t have any idea of how I craved for that certain patbingsoo! You don’t have any idea how hard it is to have a baby on your belly thus I can kill you anytime, Oppa!” she whined louder thus he had to cover his ears to protect them of being deaf. He bet their neighbor must be woken up by her voice and assuming what was happen in their house. She punched his arm rapidly not caring that it m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter