1

지켜주지 못해서 미안해요 [I'm So Obsessed, I Won't Let You Go]

"You can't be like this for so long, Chohee-ya. He won't be happy seeing you like this. Besides, he's gone already, there's nothing we can do about it."

"I know"

"Then will you stop?"

"I won't"

Chanyeol sighs. "Get outside. Buy an ice cream. Bring Dubu to the park and get some fresh air. C'mon, get a life."

"How if he is my life?"

"He was your life" Chanyeol sighs again. "Saeng-ah, I know this hurts you, but, life goes on, and the dead is dead." he continues "And you know that Kyungsoo is......"

No. "He's dead" He's not.

Chanyeol rubs my back soothingly "I know it's hard for you..... for me too. But you know what? We have to move on. Because, life goes on"

"I know" No, I don't.

Lips trembling, I immediately hug Chanyeol, tight. Looking for warmth that's just gone few days ago. "But Oppa, I...... don't wanna know"

He my hair "I know"

He puts his head on the top of mine, still rubbing my back, whispering "Time will heal the wounds"

Just like he used to.

"But you keep breaking its wings that's why you can't move on"

"But he keeps breaking its wings"

He tsks "C'mon" Chanyeol releases me from his hug "Get dressed. I'm gonna treat you for a tteokbokki. Sounds good?"

I let out a faint smile at his attempt to cheer me up "Sounds good"


"Choco-vanilla or mango?"

"Choco-strawberry"

"There's no choco-strawberry in my list, duh. Come on! Which one, Soo?"

He chuckled. "Try choco-strawberry, it's reeeaaalllyyyy good, believe me"

I scoffed "Fine I'll get it. One choco-strawberry flavor please"

"How about you? What will you order?"

"I'll order a different one this time" he grinned "And one vanilla-green tea, please. Thank you"

As the ice cream was handed to me, Kyungsoo grinned at me and suddenly took my ice cream. Oh. Two can play at this game.

"HOW DARE YOU! KYUNSOO GIVE ME BACK MY ICE CREAM! YOU HAVE ONE ALREADY! YAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!"

He laughed and ran, "I chose the flavor, so isn't it counted as mine too?" he ran further "Wow I' need to eat 2 ice cream in a row, I don't know if I'm lucky or what?"

"Don't you want it? Come and get it!"

I then began to run after him. "Yaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh waaaaaaiiit!!!!"

Despite my loud protests, I still ran after him, and laughing.

 

And little did I know that this—these little things—will be our habits in the future. 

So this is how we met, and become somewhat close.


We met when we were both in senior year of middle school. I still remember how we met just like it happened yesterday. I was 9 and he was 10, we were in the same grade, though. I was trying to find my class but apparently failed (classic, I know. But that's the truth. Hey, what does a transfer kid know about the new school?).

And there he was, he acknowledge my confusion and approached me, helped me to find my class. As a new kid I was really grateful to not miss a class. of course. To my surprise he took a seat behind me—yes, he was in the same class as me. Wow. Two glads in a row, 1) Not missing a class 2) Got at least a friend in a new school (not really alone in the school, yeah.)

He talked to me the entire time. He was so nice. He asked where did I come from, why I transferred, what's my name and so on. So I told him that I transferred from Canada, because my father was transferred here also. I had one older brother, and he's four years older than me, so that made him 16 this year.

So I asked him the same.

He smiled. Woah, he's got a heart-shaped lips which I just noticed.

From what he told I learned that he was a year older than me (it's not he's stupid—it's because I'm three grades early), had a big brother named Do Seungsoo, four years older too—but in different school; and Do Kyungsoo was the class secretary. He liked to sing, and wanted to have his own band one day.

It seemed like we had talked for so long that we didn't realize the class had filled up and was about to start.

Well, just transferred to a school and straightly befriending a nice person? Wow, jackpot.


He kept sticking beside me the whole day, even to the cafeteria. I was also introduced to his friends; the one who looked like an dino with curly lips–Kim Jongdae. Apparently his voice is also a bomb courtesy of Kyungsoo; freshly imported from China last year with scary-looking-but-actually-not-scary-at-all attitude, Huang Zitao (his wushu skill sums up why he has the "Scary Chinese Transfer Kid" title); a-shy-with-cocky-and-y-looking-cover Kim Jongin (the closest to Kyungsoo, they both in the same art course for 2 years) and the last is bratty-palm-faced-but-when-he-smiles-even-antartica-would-melt Oh Sehun.


"Are you busy today?"

"Huh? What? Ummm... No?"

I was waiting for my brother to pick me up from school, and apparently I didn't notice his presence.

"Well... Since you're new here, how about I show you around?" he smiled.

"You already did earlier? You even got me new friends...?"

He chuckled. Heh. "Nope I mean.. I wanna show you how it's like to be a teen here, you know? Going out, go to noraebang, buy tteokbokki from pojangmacha, or stuff your whole face with jajjangmyeon until you're all covered with black bean sauce... What do you say?"

What is ttteokbokki, noraebang, pojangmacha and jajjangmyeon?

I live in Korea now and I need to blend in and someone is offering me company. Why let it slips?

"It's okay if you don't want to, though. We can do it another time" Kyungsoo quickly added, rubbing the back of his neck. Heh I just noticed how the white part of his eyes are bigger than the brown part

"Did I say no?"

He chuckled, looking at the ground, "No you did not but you seem like you would say so"

I smirked "Duh don't pretend like you know me well already, Mr. Secretary. Not answering doesn't mean I don't wanna go! I was contemplating something..."

"What is it?

I grinned "Before I moved to Korea I browsed several things to do as a newby, and I found a food article"

"Please take me to giant ice cream stall, yes?"

"Hah"  Kyungsoo laughs "You came all the way from Canada but you're looking for an ice cream? Heh I can't believe you"

I pouted "Fine then I'll just ask my brother to take me later"

He panicked and grabbed my wrist "Noooooo I was just kidding! Gosh are Canadian has lack sense of humor?!"

"I'm Korean, sorry. Like, pure Korean born and raised outside the country."

"But you've never been to Korea before?"

"Nope"

He scoffed. I pouted jokingly. "Fine then. I'll be your guide for a day. This is How to Be Korean 101. Welcome to my class"

I laughed. "Yes sir"

He smiled and readjusting the strap of his backpacks "First, let me take you to the famous Myeongdong street. To your ice cream, and my favorite pojangmacha. You need to try tteokbokki there. They're the best... Hey where are you going???"

I stopped on my track, looking back "Huh? To the bus stop? Myeongdong right?"

"You know the line?" He laughed, and walked after me. "I'm your guide for a day, right?"

My eyes never left him, smiling and let out a yes. Oh how could I forget.

"Duh you're right. Let's go then!"

He let out an excited smile "at your service, Madam"


[writer's message]

Hello all,

I hope you like the first chapter of I'm So Obsessed, I Won't Let You Go! Sorry if my English and writing is bad... but still, I hope you enjoy reading this :)

As written in the foreword, this story is inspired by true events—yes, part of this story inspired by what has happened. I lost my boyfriend in an accident two days ago, and while dealing with it, that inspires me to write a new story. Sorry for the spoiler. :')

But! This will not end as sad as the real event (duh), or as you think, I will add some sweetness to the story—jso dont worry much. ;P

And also maybe some of you are familiar with some sentences in the story.... yes I used some of quotes from novels and songs, so the credits go to the wirters and singers!

 

Thank you! Don't forget to subscribe, upvote, and give comments; there are still a whole lot more to come!

<3 pandace