Indestructible, Unbreakable

Indestructible, Unbreakable

Taeyeon was on the top of SM Entertainment holding a cup of coffee. It was almost midnight. She detached herself with her other eight sisters. They were always there for her, but for now she wanted to see only one person. Her phone rang an unfamiliar-yet-familiar tune.

“Yeoboseyo?” the kid leader answered.

“Where are you?” the girl on the other line said.

Taeyeon sighed and said, “On the top of SM, wae?”

“Yah!”

Taeyeon half-smiled at the phone, although she can’t be seen. “Don’t worry,” Taeyeon said in the happiest tone she can manage, “I won’t jump.”

“I will punch you like Junhyung-oppa if you even try,” a fierce voice suddenly said.

Taeyeon chuckled and said, “Don’t worry, Hyoyeon. Trust me.”

“Just come home, okay?” a voice that sounded like Tiffany said.

“Hmm,” Taeyeon answered and hung up.

Taeyeon looked at the night view of Seoul, and couldn’t help but sigh. Here she is a member of Korea’s top girl group; a successful young singer and idol at a young age. This and her eight other sisters were enough…Until…Until he came and made everything…Better and worse.

 

The time flows on the way we are

Since when have we started thinking alike?

Fights, Silence, we do everything together

And even then, your voice gives me a feeling of relief

 

A few months back, Taeyeon was just roaming around the company when she heard someone crying on the stairs. She turned and saw a familiar figure.

“Baekhyun-sshi?” Taeyeon asked.

Baekhyun jumped and wiped his eyes. “Annyeonghaseyo, noona. Mianhe, was I too loud?” EXO’s main vocal asked.

Taeyeon ignored the question and instead asked, “Gwaenchana?”

Baekhyun suddenly asked, “Noona, has…Have you ever felt so hurt because someone betrayed…Betrayed you?”

Taeyeon, who has understood quickly, answered, “Actually I have. However, we talk about it. We are sisters. We are fa—“

SNSD’s main vocal stopped dead at her words when Baekhyun hugged her all of a sudden, sobbing uncontrollably. Taeyeon hugged back and said, “Cry it all out. Then, go back to them and talk. Make him stay. He’s not just a member. He’s family.”

 

Since then, Baekhyun and Taeyeon started exchanging text messages; usually the sunbae was advising the hoobae on how to handle the stress. It was already known to the SM Family members of Kris leaving the company. It was causing Baekhyun so much stress, and Taeyeon did her best to comfort the EXO member. The exchange of text turned to be late night phone calls, and the late night phone calls turned to be late night meetings at a secret café near SM Entertainment.

One night, Yoona and Taeyeon went to the said secret café; Yoona was to meet his boyfriend Seunggi and Taeyeon was to meet Baekhyun. Once there, Seunggi was already waiting for Yoona.

“Annyeong Y—oh, annyeonghaseyo, Taeyeon-sshi,” Seunggi greeted.

Taeyeon smiled and bowed and went to her usual spot to meet Baekhyun while the Yoona-Seunggi couple already went out of the café for their date. Two hours passed and Taeyeon was starting to get angry and get worried. Another 30 minutes and a tired-looking Baekhyun (who was still wearing what looks like stage costume) went and sat across Taeyeon.

However, Baekhyun didn’t speak at all. He was just looking at the floor. He didn’t answer Taeyeon’s constant questioning. Irritated, Taeyeon said, “Yah, if you’re here because you are just forced to then text or call me that you don’t want to see me.”

Baekhyun finally answered. “I didn’t ask you to wait for me,” the hoobae said disrespectfully.

“Yah!” Taeyeon shouted her trademark shout. Baekhyun was surprised and looked at Taeyeon with his tired eyes.

“If you have no intention of even talking to me then I’m going home!” Taeyeon, hurt by Baekhyun’s negligence of her effort to meet him, said as she stood up and walked to leave.

However, Baekhyun stopped her by holder her hand. “Please…Don’t leave me…I…I thought you would just…Leave…Don’t leave me…Not right now…Even just your voice…” Baekhyun said, half-crying.

Taeyeon then intertwined her fingers with Baekhyun and said, “I will not leave. Not now, not never.”

 

My dad said to me when I was very little,

“Being with someone you love will make you a stronger person”

 

Kris slammed the door, making him disappear behind it. Suho threw his phone to floor, strong enough to shatter it to pieces. Sehun, Kai and Tao were holding back Suho with tears rolling down from their faces. The other members were silently crying.

Baekhyun was feeling lost. He was looking at anywhere as to remain strong for the others. Chanyeol saw him and said, “Go. Go to her. You need her. Remember, being with someone you love will make you a stronger person.”

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol and hugged him for five seconds before reaching for his phone and his coat. The next five seconds he was already out on the rain calling the first person that came up to his mind:

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Taeyeon.

 

Am I just confused now?

I wonder if my feelings have been conveyed to you

Well,

honestly I want to tell you about them now

 

Baekhyun and Taeyeon were in the secret café, hand intertwined and Taeyeon’s head resting on Baekhyun’s shoulders.

“Baekhyun,” Taeyeon said in a soft voice, “Is this…Is this…”

Baekhyun looked at Taeyeon and said, “Please believe me. I know it might sound just because of that…But no, noona. It’s true.”

“Maybe you’re just confused? Please Baekhyun,” Taeyeon pleaded with all her heart, “Please…”

I have wondered if my feelings were conveyed to you in a way that…Well I can’t explain, but I ask you to believe me, noona. What I said, say and will say from now on to you is the truth,” Baekhyun said and added after some seconds, “What is your answer then?”

Taeyeon went up and whispered to Baekhyun’s ear, “Of course I do. I love you too.”

 

Sometimes important things are just

Invisible They can’t be seen

So, I’ve gotta say this to you over and over again (say to you)

If we were to break up and I didn’t have to feel anything,

well I would want to feel everything

This destiny. Thank you

 

After everything was revealed to the public, Taeyeon and Baekhyun weren’t able to meet, let alone talk. Taeyeon gave Baekhyun a text message that said that she was up at the rooftop of SM Entertainment.

Taeyeon finished her coffee and was just looking at the night lights of Seoul. Did she really deserve all of those hate just because of loving someone? Was she really worth of SONEs’, her sisters’ and Baekhyun’s love? These were all inside her head and her heart. She was starting to doubt…She wanted to let everything fall…

As Taeyeon’s feet were about to separate from the floor, someone pulled her from the side of the rooftop and hugged her.

“Yah! You think I wouldn’t follow you if you let yourself fall down?” a man’s voice said angrily.

Taeyeon looked up and saw the face that she wanted to see: the face of Baekhyun.

 

Important things are

Invisible They can’t be seen

So, I want to tell you over and over (want to tell you)

Without you

I wouldn’t be here right now

This destiny

Indestructible

 

Baekhyun and Taeyeon slept in each other’s arms on Taeyeon’s bed in SNSD’s dorm. The following day, the couple went out holding hands with eight pairs of eyes looking at them.

“Byun Baekhyun, never leave unnie like that,” Seohyun said.

Hyoyeon added, “At least contact her.”

Taeyeon said, “Hey, don’t scold the kid. Be thankful for him I’m still here.”

“We know,” Tiffany said with a smile as they all hugged.

 

The following day, Baekhyun and Taeyeon went on a date publicly, not minding all the positive and negative things that they heard or experienced. Of course, their date was highly publicized and received a mixture of comments. However, all that the couple left for the public was a post on their respective Instagram accounts with one word:

Indestructible

 

After some weeks, Baekhyun, Taeyeon and a Japanese lyricist were all in a studio very exhausted. Suddenly, the eight other members of SNSD barged in with a lot of food with them.

“How’s the song?” Sooyoung asked.

The lyricist gave a thumbs up. The members cheered and yelled.

“Thank you for allowing this,” Baekhyun said to the group while reaching for Taeyeon’s hand and holding it tight.

Jessica answered, “All for you to express your love. After all, it’s true right?”

Taeyeon nodded and said, “Yes, it is. We’re indestructible.”

“We’re unbreakable,” Baekhyun added as he kissed Taeyeon on the lips.