Epilogue

Breath

There he was again, leaning against the school lockers, staring back at Taehyung. This had probably turned into a normal routine for both boys. Frankly speaking, Taehyung was the cause of all this but he would never give in to the latter.

It all started on a winter morning early last month. Taehyung was walking past the school’s yard when he spotted a charmingly handsome young lad squatting on the ground, a lost kitten. “Is he mad?” was the very first thought that went through Taehyung’s mind. Taehyung didn’t mean it in an offensive way, of course. However if you’d imagine someone, out in the cold on an especially frosty day, smiling away happily while cuddling a stray cat, that would be the natural first thought that would come to mind. Intrigued by the latter, Taehyung hovered around for a little while more to observe him. Standing in the cold till his limbs went numb and his nose turned red, Taehyung unconsciously let out a loud sneeze which startled the unknowing latter and resulted in the kitten to scamper away.

“I’m sorry.” Taehyung rubbed his nose lightly and sniffed. The attractive lad immediately stood up and dusted his pants slightly, smiling as he approached Taehyung.

“It’s alright. Are you okay though?” He placed his palm on Taehyung’s forehead and Taehyung’s cheeks felt like they were on fire.

“U-uh yeah. You should worry about yourself more since you were the one who played with the kitten for that long in the cold.” The taller boy mumbled quickly and shuffled away, hugging himself tightly.

The latter blinked before breaking into a wide, knowing smile.

From that very day onwards, the older boy would always make it a habit to stare at Taehyung every single day while leaning against the lockers and Taehyung would too. Not that no one ever noticed this odd behavior of theirs. Jimin would always question Taehyung about it at every single chance he got while Taehyung would just shake his head and reply “He’s just a creep.”

This cycle went on for a month or so, which felt like eternity to Taehyung. Frustrated, Taehyung finally voiced up.

“Why do you keep staring at me?” Taehyung crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow.

The older boy pushed himself off the lockers and brushed past Taehyung, whispering soft enough for him to hear. “Because I think you’re interesting.”

Taehyung’s cheeks heated up and he whispered to himself. “But you don’t even know me.”

 

 

Taehyung was walking past the school’s yard as usual when he felt a soft tickle against his leg. Curious, he averted his eyesight towards his ankle and spotted a white kitten walking in circles around him. The kitten’s fluffy tail would occasionally brush against Taehyung’s legs and it rendered the stunned boy to stand in a rigid position. Taehyung was afraid of animals, be it small ones or larger ones and the reason was simple. When Taehyung was little, he accidentally dropped his pet rabbit, which he loved dearly, while he was cuddling it because of his frail and weak arms. As a result, he had a phobia of touching any animals ever since.

Out of the blue, a familiar figure bent down and scooped the small kitten in his slightly bigger hands before standing up. It was then that Taehyung finally relaxed and looked up to find the attractive boy staring back at him curiously.

“Th-thank you.” The taller boy bowed quickly, glancing towards the kitten which seemed to be smiling at him while its paws.

“I didn’t know you were afraid of kittens.” The latter laughed softly, mumbling something along the lines of “Interesting,” afterwards.

Embarrassed, Taehyung quickly averted his eyes and scolded. “Shouldn’t you have kept this kitten safely instead of letting it wander about in the cold?”

“You know, he’ll encircle someone when he takes a liking towards them, I can’t stop him. And he was just startled when you suddenly sneezed the other day.” No wonder that kitten seemed particularly familiar to Taehyung.

“What’s his name?”

“He’s V.” The other boy its fur slowly, causing it to purr in delight.

Taehyung unconsciously smiled at the sight and stretched his hand to touch it when the latter suddenly grabbed his hand and released the kitten back onto the ground. Intertwining their fingers together, he carefully cupped Taehyung’s cheeks and pressed his lips against Taehyung’s ever so slightly, resulting in the taller boy’s eyes to widen. Meanwhile, the kitten was encircling their legs, purring and possibly grinning widely if anyone would notice.

“My name’s Min Yoongi.” The latter breathed out hoarsely, his lips when they parted. “And I think you might have taken my breath away.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


What am I even writing after so long. Help me.