The New Kid

Temptations Never Last

Key ran. He ran as fast as he could, not caring how sweaty he'd be when he finally arrived at school. He was late as it is, so he needed to hurry. He couldn't afford missing a single class, his scholarship was on the line. So he sprinted, the large building coming into view. Almost there, he told himself, urging himself to go faster until he passed through the front door, entering the building. He allowed himself a second to breathe before rushing down the hall in the direction of his classroom. His English class was already one-fifth of the way done, so he was bound to get some sort of punishment.

Not at full attention of his surroundings, as soon soon as he turned a corner he collided with someone's back, sending them both crashing to the floor, Kibum on top of the other. He was dazed for a moment, unable to move until he heard the boy under him groan in pain. He quickly scurried off the boy and offered his hands, pulling him off the ground and apologizing non-stop.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was running because I'm late for class."

This person was someone Kibum hadn't seen around school before. He had a pretty face that would get him anything he wanted if he used it right. His auburn hair reached his shoulders in layers and looked soft to the touch.

Once positive that the kid was not injured he bowed ninety degrees and took off down the hallway again. He burst through the class door, everyone turning to look at him and snickering.

"Ahh, Mr. Kim, glad you decided to show up up," the teacher, Ms. Choi, said crossing her arms. "Would you please take your seat."

"Guess the showed up after all," one of the guys said, causing the entire classroom to laugh, even the teacher cracked a smile. As always Key just held his head high, put on a blank face and walked to his seat.

"Alright, calm down class," Ms. Choi said, though her voice wasn't convincing in the least. "Today we have a new student joining our class-" A knock interrupted her. "That must be him. Come in."

The door opened and in walks the kid he trampled in the hall. Kibum's eyes widened before he hid his face, however, the new kid had already seen him.

"My name is Lee Taemin, I'm new. I just moved here with my brother and parents." He bowed and looked at the only two seats available, one was by Kibum. He hung his head, peeking through his bangs. He was surprised to see Taemin heading to the desk beside him. Until one of the guys in class spoke up.

"Hey pretty boy," he said. "I wouldn't sit there, or else the might rub of on you."

Everyone laughed as the boy stopped and looked at everyone, then at Key. What was that in his eyes? Pity? Sadness? For Key? No way, no one felt pity for Key.

"Alright class, enough. Mr. Lee, please take a seat over by Yuri."

Key sighed and hung his head lower, pretending to scribble down notes. He'd rather not drag the new kid down with him, so maybe it was best for him to sit by Yuri.

"No," he said and everyone stared at him. "No, I think I see a perfectly good desk right here. I can see the board just fine right here." He sat down right beside the punch line to everyone's joke and smiled. Everyone scoffed and the teacher went back to the lesson after giving the new kid a stern look. "Hi, I'm Taemin," he whispered, leaning close to the other.

"I-I'm Kibum," he stuttered. No one's ever tried to be nice to him before. "But you can call me Key, everyone does."

"Mr. Kim, stop disrupting my class!"

The brunette smiled.

After classes Kibum was in the lunch line. Today was his favorite kimchi stew and all he wanted was to sit down and enjoy it. But that's not what Kim Heechul had in mind, he guessed. As he was walking to his table to eat, the guy with the obviously dyed red hair decided it'd be funny to stick his foot out and trip him, causing all the food on his tray to land on the floor and the front of his shirt. Him and the rest of the table started laughing their asses off like it was the funniest thing in the world.

He was used to this by now. After four years of this it was nothing new. He just stood up wiping the food off his shirt and leaving the cafeteria to head to the bathroom. He took a wet towel to his shirt the best he could, but he knew it would stain. He became frustrated, his breathing quickening, and he thanked every God he knew that he was alone in there as he ran into a stall and cried as quietly as he could. He hated crying, especially in front of people, but sometimes he couldn't hold it in.

So he cried, biting his knuckles to keep quiet until he tasted blood. His body shook with the force of his sobs until he heard the door open and someone come in. He held his breath, paying they would leave soon.

"Key? Are you in here?" He heard Taemin ask on the other side of the stall door.

Kibum quickly wiped his eyes, removing all traces of his tears, sniffled and took a deep breath before walking right past the boy to the sink, running his hands under freezing cold water.

"Key-"

"Taemin, stop," key said in a warning tone. "Let me give you some advice: stay away from me, or else you'll be in the same boat as me, crying your eyes out alone in a bathroom stall. I don't want that to happen to you, you seem at least decent enough."

"I don't care about them. And neither should you. It's wrong what they're doing to you; all because you're gay, so what? My brother is gay, and I still love him. No one should have to deal with bullies."

Key just chuckled humorlessly. "That's a great speech, Taemin, but don't bother."

"I'm trying to be your friend."

He just shook the remaining water droplets of his fingers and turned to the boy. "What if I don't want you as a friend?"

"Of course you do," the brunette smiled innocently. "Because I'm the only friend you've got. Come on Key, we were really hitting it off in class."

Damn him, he thought since he didn't have anything to say, knowing he was gradually giving in. "How old are you anyway?"

"Sixteen, a junior. You?"

"Same, senior, I skipped a grade. It was about two weeks after I started this school till everyone found out about my uality and it was down hill from there. I became the student body punching bag. I don't want that to happen to you."

"I don't care, you need someone to be beside you."

"Thanks but no thanks." Kibum gave a sarcastic smirk and walked out as the bell rang for third hour.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The rest of the day went by okay, small teasing and balls of paper thrown at the back of his head here and there, but now it was the end of the day, finally, and Kibum couldn't wait to get out of that school. But first he had to return a library book that was way overdue. So he made his way to the school library, but the librarian want at her desk, a little sign saying she'd be back in fifteen minutes. Kibum sighed, sitting down on one of the couches as he ran a hand through his black hair.

He decided to wait, but after ten minutes he got antsy and just decided to leave the book and a small note. He swung his bag over his shoulder and hurried along down the maze of halls. Everyone was practically gone unless they had after school activities such as sports, so Key considered himself lucky as the front doors came into view. Until he felt someone pull the collar of his shirt, throwing him against the wall. His head collided painfully with the brick and the air was knocked out of him in an instant. His vision blurred for a moment, but not before he saw Heechul and Joon smirking at him as he fell to the ground.

"You know," Heechul said, "we were gonna go easy on you today, just push you around a bit."

"Then you kept us waiting," Joon chimed in. "Made us miss our workout."

Kibum coughed a bit, feeling something cool trickle down his face, and tried to focus in the two. "I didn't... ask you... to wait..."

"Well, diva Key is here I guess," Joon chuckled.

The redhead grabbed Kibum by the hair, pulling his head up only to punch him in the face. Kibum felt his nose crack, hearing the audible break and falling back to the floor. Yet another thing he had gotten used to.

They kicked him repeatedly, he was starting to taste blood, until they heard someone yell down the hall. It was Taemin and he was walking down the hall in a rushed pace.

"What the Hell do you think you're doing?" He asked angrily.

"Taemin..." Key said gravely, "don't..."

"What do you want, new kid?" Joon asked.

"For you to leave him alone, you jackass." He crossed his arms and gave an angry look.

"Why don't you stay out of it and mind your own business."

Heechul picked the abused boy back up by the back of his shirt, but before he could do anything, Taemin pushed him into Joon, causing him to drop the boy. Taemin rushed to help him up as the two bullies toppled to the floor, supporting his weight.

"Key, are you okay?"

"I'm... fine... just go away-"

"Hey punk!"

Both boys looked to see Heechul standing up, Joon struggling a bit to get off the floor, glaring at them. He went up to them, pushipng Kibum away before taking a fistful of Taemin's shirt and slamming him against the wall. He scowled as the younger flinched in pain, grabbing at the strong hand by his throat.

"Nobody messes with me," he sneered as he raised his other fist.

Time slowed for Kibum. He didn't want Taemin to get hurt and something in him clicked as he felt a need to protect the kid. So, he forced himself over to them, sudden adrenaline urging him on, and turned a confused redhead around. "Don't you dare touch him!" He said and punched him in the cheek, hearing an audible pleasant crack. He fell to the floor, his friend rushing to help him.

Taemin was stunned for a moment before quickly grabbing Key's hand. "Come on," he said, "we have to get out of here!" The boy dragged his friend through the hall and entrance, pulling out his phone and holding it up to his ear. "Pick up, pick up! Come on Onew, pick up! Onew!" Kibum guess whoever this Onew guy was must've answered by the tone of the brunette's voice. "Where are you?! ... Well, pull up at the front, like now!"

As if on cue, a black BMW pulled up and Taemin had to practically carry Kibum into it as the adrenaline wore off and he began to feel the pain in his body making him weak and fatigued. Once in the backseat, Taemin saw the two bullies running out into the parking lot so he quickly shut the door and yelled for Onew to drive, their bodies jerking back as he sped off down the road.

"Mind telling me what the Hell is going on?!"

"Later, at home," Taemin said, buckling a near unconscious Kibum in.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

First chapter for Temptations Never Last!!!

What do you think?!

Should I just not write this story? Am I a terrible author?

Let me know in the comments!

Also, I don't know much about Super Junior, so if someone wants to help me on names and personalities that'd be great.

Love you!!!