The Final Promise

The Final Promise - Xiumin One Shot

    “Minseok? What is this place?”

    “You’re supposed to call me oppa,” he led me through a dark hallway. It was practically pitch black, and I couldn’t see a thing.

    “Oppa,” I whined, “I can’t see anything.”

    “Just trust me.” He held my hand, as we entered an even larger room. It was still practically impossible to see, I could only make out some figures of chairs… a lot of chairs. “Okay, just little bit more,” Minseok said, taking me past the chairs my hands brushing them along the way. I puffed out one cheek. What is this boy up to? He helped me up some stairs and told me to sit down.

    “There’s no chair.”

    “Yes there is, it’s right there.”

    I turned around, I really couldn’t see any chairs.

    “Nope.”

    “It’s right in front of you,” he said, surprisingly still patient.

    I bit my lip and reached out in front of me. I frowned as I felt nothing. I turned slightly to the right and my arm hit something. It swung back and forth.

    “It’s dangling,” I looked at him in confusion.

    “Just sit on it,” he smiled at me, his teeth flashing in the dark.

    “I’m going to fall on my face, Minseok,” I laughed.

    “Aish, I told you to call me oppa,” I was suddenly picked up off the ground.

    “Wait, let me go!”

    “Nah, I wanna get started already,” his arm wrapped around my waist as he placed me on the dangling chair thingy. It shook as I tried to sit, making me gasp.

    “Minseok, where are you?” The seat suddenly began to rise. “OMIGOSH, MINSEOK!” I struggled for balance and began to freak out.

    The lights . A calm galaxy scene appeared on a huge screen next to me. I felt someone jump onto the seat, which as I looked down, I realised was a huge dream catcher. “Minseok?” I turned to look at the boy. He held my gaze with his brown eyes.

    A few piano chords began to play, as I recognised the song.

 

    This moment feels like I was born as a child who knew nothing

I closed my eyes again in case it would be a dream

You were standing in front of my desperate self and praying

Just once, I want to walk side by side with you

Taken by the soft wind to your world

You asked me brightly where I came from to your side

And I told you that It was a secret

Wherever we walk together

Will be paradise

You are an eye-blinding entity compared to Michael

Who would remember you, I will not forgive it

Like the beginning when stepping into Eden

Believing you every day from the bottom of my heart

I alway want to protect you

So that even the small things won’t tire you out, I’m eternally in love”

 

Minseok quietly ended, halfway through the song. I felt his arms wrap around my waist and turn me around. I watched him reach into his pockets and pull out a small box. Is it another necklace… he’s always buying me gifts, when he really doesn’t need to.

“___,” I fiddled with the box, “I’ve known you for 5 years and I’ve fallen in love with you in 10 months.” He opened the box and glanced at me nervously. Wait… is he about to-

“___, will you marry me?” he held the box open, and a simple diamond ring shone. My heart began to pound, and I felt tears prick at my eyes. It really has been 10 months, and everything had happened so fast.

“____?” Minseok moved his head back up at my silent response.

“Yes,” I whispered, “yes!” I said a little louder. I looked up at him, smiling.

“I thought you were gonna say no!” Minseok cheered, wrapping his arms around my waist, pulling me closer.

“I was.”

“WAIT WHAT.”

“Just kidding,” I laughed.

“Wait… I just… ugh I love you anyway,” he leaned in closer. I could feel his breath on my cheek, and I tilted my head up to kiss him.

“Oww,” he laughed as I accidentally bumped my nose into his.

“Omo! I’m so sor-”

Minseok pressed his lips against mine, silencing me. I wrapped my arms around his neck. It all felt so surreal. The lights and the music. It was all captivating. It all felt like a dream or slow haze. His hand removed my left arm from his neck. I moved away from the kiss and watched as he slipped the ring on my finger.

“Now it’s official,” he whispered.

I smiled and rested my chin on his shoulder.

“I love you,” I closed my eyes.    

“I love you, angel.”

The dream catcher slowly spun, as the stars twinkled on the big-screen.