5 Wonderful Seconds

Fall in Love in 5 Seconds

T.O.P POV

"Hey, we've been here for almost an hour and you still haven't broken any poor girl's heart yet. Are you okay?" my very supportive bestfriend friend, Jiyong, told me.

 

Yes, we were indeed already here for almost an hour. Everyone around us was already drunk and wasted. They were either dancing dirty or kissing some stranger. It was really not an appropriate situation, but this one is very normal for me. We always hang out at the same bar, get drunk and hit on girls. That's our life; that is all there is and nothing more. Until this night...

 

"Oh, I know, these girls are too smart for your tactics huh? Riiiight! Only dumb girls fall for it" my trusty buddy teased me.

"Of course not! I could surely break all these girls’ hearts!" I gloated.

"Really? Okay. I challenge you to hit on the smartest looking girl in this bar and break her heart in your usual 15 seconds!" he dared.

"Challenge accepted!" Of course I won't embarrass myself, that is just not my style.

 

I started scanning the crowded bar for the smartest looking girl. Minutes had passed, and boy was it hard. There is no smart girl in this place. They all seem dumb to me. I really don't like dumb girls but it makes me feel good when I break their hearts within 15 minutes.

 

I kept on looking. I was about to give up when, I saw this girl sitting by the bar. By just one look, you can say that she isn't dumb. She was wearing a short-sleeved navy blue A-line dress that extends up to 2 inches above her knees. She is very much different to those dumb ones wearing low-cut or tube top and tight-fitted dresses that covered less than half of their thighs. They also wear thick make-ups to look like Kim Tae Hee, Suzy, Sandara Park or Yoon Eun Hye, but honestly, they don't look like any of them, they all look like Chuckie to me.

But this girl by the bar, she is different. Aside from the decent attire, she was wearing almost no make-up. She was also drinking a light cocktail which suggests that she isn't here to get drunk or wasted. But why is she here? There's one way to find out.

 

"Okay, I found my girl. That girl by the bar in blue dress" I pointed towards her direction.

"Woah, no way! I called dibs on her first!" he replied.

"C'mon! You didn't call dibs out loud so I get first legit dibs on her!" I argued.

"Fine!" He gave up. That's good for me since it meant than I'll get her tonight.

I walked confidently towards the bar. I saw that she was busy playing with the stirrer of her cocktail.

 

Krystal POV

I was sitting alone at the bar. I ordered a glass of my favorite mixed fruit cocktail. It tastes sweet and bitter at the same time. Hmm.. my kind of drink.

 

Why am I here you may ask? Well, my bestfriend insisted that I accompany her. She said that she’ll be meeting someone here, and she doesn’t want to be alone. She was always very nice and caring so I gave in to her request. How silly of me. Now I have to awkwardly sit here by the bar and wait for her.

 

I was busy playing with my empty glass when a guy’s voice interrupted me from my back.

 

T.O.P POV

When I got near her, I immediately assessed that she was an easy target. I didn’t even have to think of new moves for her, the old ones are enough.

 

Krystal POV

“Hi Miss. I see you’re alone tonight, why don’t I buy you a drink?” he said.

I turned to face him. He was tall and very manly. His face looks seductive and at the same time mysterious. He was wearing a decent suit which tells me that he is from an elite clan.

Being the polite person I am, I smiled at him and said, “Thanks.”

“Okay, one glass of mixed fruit cocktail with one shot of tequila” he called the attention of the bartender. When he was sure that the drink was already being prepared, he turned his attention back to me. “What brings you at a very crowded bar alone?”

“Oh, I’m not alone. I’m just waiting for my friend. She’s on her way here, actually” I honestly replied.

“Oh” he replied. I noticed his troubled expression but I couldn’t tell what was bothering him.

“You got something on your hair” he pointed. “Let me get it.” He gently my hair to remove that ‘something’ on it.

His next moved shocked me. He tucked some strands of my hair behind my ear. Electricity shot through my whole body when his fingers brushed beside my cheeks.

“I knew you were pretty when I saw you from afar, but seeing you this close, you’re like an angel” he said.

I think it was lame but the way he said it shot another batch of electricity on my whole body. I couldn’t help but blush in front of him. Wait… is he flirting with me? And am I really liking this? I tried to snap myself out of it, but his voice is just too attractive.

“One mixed fruit cocktail with a shot of tequila” the bartender said and placed the drink in front of me.

“Thanks” I replied.

 

I really couldn’t control the shaking of my body so I sat down and focused on my drink. In two shots, I was able to finish the whole thing. Oops…wrong move. I immediately felt dizzy and my whole body felt numb and hot, at least the trembling is gone.

 

I picked the cherry that was in my drink, I began unconsciously biting it slowly. I don’t know what I was doing, my mind was too clouded that I forgot that someone was sitting beside me, and at that moment watching me as I make a fool oc myself.

I already had half of the cherry between my mouth when that guy’s lips landed on mine. He had bitten half of the cherry and it disappeared in his mouth. My eyes widened and I froze from where I was. He had his lips pressed to mine for who knows how long that my mind became even more blank.

 

T.O.P POV

When I backed away, I saw that she was frozen and her eyes were wide in shock. Gotcha! I smirked and said, “I kissed you to see if there’s something, but sorry. I felt nothing. You’re just not my style. I didn’t expect that you’d fall for it.” I made sure that I said it in the meanest and coldest tone.

And I think it worked, because she suddenly changed her expression into a disgusted one.

“What? So you’re doing that for fun?!” She sounded pissed, and it was confirmed when her hand landed on my face. Victory slap for a playboy like me. “Jerk!” she exclaimed before storming away.

 

I walked back confidently on our table.

“Dude! I thought you weren’t gonna make it, but you did it in 14.55 seconds! Wow! That was you closest so far! Was she being difficult?” my bestfriend excitedly asked.

“Nope, I just got too far with flirting I lost track of time” I lied. I knew the real reason and I don’t intend to disclose it to anyone.

 

Krystal POV

I saw my bestfriend just entering the bar. I felt sorry for her because I wanted to leave immediately. That guy really pissed me off.

“Ailee-ah! Mianhe, but I really want to get away from here. I’ll head home, okay?” I greeted her with my complaint.

“Wae? What happened?” she concernedly asked.

“I’ll tell you tomorrow. I don’t want to spoil your night, so enjoy it first” I replied.

“Are you sure you don’t want to stay?” she pleadingly asked.

I shook my head, no.

“Okay, I understand you Krystal-ah. See you tomorrow” she bid and hugged me. Ailee is really a very sweet person; I don’t think I’d get through anything without her.

 

TOP POV

The party ended late. I had to drive Jiyong and a couple of girls home since I was the only one left sober.

When I was done with the last drop-off, I head to my place and as I expected, several cars were parked in front of my house. “What are you doing here now?” I asked the most familiar man, Sean.

“You’re home too late, huh Mr. Yang Seunghyun?” he smirked. “Were you out partying again?”

Wow! This man really annoys me! “It’s none of your business!” I said in a low, annoyed tone.

“It’s my business now after your father saw these” he handed me pictures that were taken from my previous night outs. Everything that they have to see had a proof shot; me taking body shots, a girl grinding on my lap, taking in some drugs, kissing and getting slapped by girls. Everything was in there.

“What’s this?!” I was furious. My father sent yet again one of his men to follow me around.

“You tell me. What is all that? What are you doing with your life Seunghyun-ah?” His voice suddenly changed to a father-like tone. “Your father had planned it so well for you and yet you waste all of it by getting drunk and doing all that.”

 

Yeah, that plan. My father had my life planned out since the day he knew that my mother was pregnant with his first child. He was ecstatic to know that it was a boy because someone will bring his name and continue the legacy he and all of his clan built.

When I first followed that plan, it was easy since I don’t have to worry about where I was headed. But as I grew up, I felt sick of and suffocated by it. I felt like a captive every time I had to abide by it, so here I am now, protesting against it by wasting my life.

 

“Who said it was a waste of time?” I lied.

“I don’t want to argue Seunghyun-ah. I’m just here to tell you that beginning tomorrow, whether you like it or not, 12 guards will be following you” he said.

“Okay, try and follow me!” I dared and then went inside the house.

 

I was so pissed at how my father was making 12 guards and his assistant to follow me everywhere I will go. Here he goes again with his prison-like ways! Darn it!

In order to warm my hot head, I decided to take an ice bath before going to bed. When I was brushing my teeth, I remembered how my lips touched that girl’s lips. It felt different, because it was different. Wait! What the heck was I thinking? I immediately finished brushing and washed my face with warm water. Hmm… much better, I’m not light-headed anymore.

 

I lied on my bed and closed my eyes. Events from what happened a while ago rushed to my mind.

 

I head towards her with all intention of breaking her heart in 15 minutes. I put on my best playboy expression and said, “Hi Miss. I see you’re alone tonight, why don’t I buy you a drink?” I was praising myself at how I said that usual line; I did it better this time. But all that was a waste when this girl turned to face me.

Everything was like in slow motion after that. I can now see her face up close, it wasn’t just pretty, it was angelic. Her clothes weren’t just simple, it was perfect. To top it off, she flashed the brightest and most attractive smile that I have ever seen, and my heart did its very first skip of a beat. In that moment on, I was caught in a wonderful trance.

 

Why did I have to act up and ruin it? Now, I would never get to see her again. I never got her name and I know nothing about her. Stupid! I was stupid!

 

Krystal POV

The sun shone brightly by the only window in my small apartment. I slowly opened my eyes and reality sank in. I was not in an A-line dress; there was no music and no cocktails. The only thing pleasing in this life is that there are no JERKS! And there was that ahjusshi.

 

I came to work early since I’m on receiving duty. But before I begin on how my day went, I’ll state a brief background about where I work. It’s a famous bubble tea place in central Seoul. Each day, we were able to sell more than 1000 cups. There were only 6 people to do the job. There was Mr. Lee, the head of this branch, the Kwon twins who does the cleaning, kitchen and delivery duties, Na Eun and Bomi for order preparation and me for cashier and order preparation. We made a great team as evidenced by the satisfied customers we have every day.

 

The day began as usual, students, professors, businessmen and women, and families came at the shop. Everyone was busy for the whole morning. When 12 noon struck, a few people were left at the place. This was the time when the six of us can rest for a bit.

 

The bell hanging above the door sounded when a man came in. That very familiar face made me smile. I volunteered to take his order so that Na Eun and Bomi could rest.

“Ahjusshi, annyeong! I guess you like the usual?” I smiled brightly at him and to the three men standing beside him. Seeing these men dressed in suits hinted that this man is someone important, but until now, I still weren’t able to confirm it. I think it would be rude if I searched about him on the internet so I just kept on waiting for him to tell me what he does, but the time never came. Instead, he tells me about other things like his friends, hobbies, past memories and his only son.

“Yes, thank you” he replied.

 

I walked to the counter and prepared his order and after several minutes, I came back with five cups of bubble tea. The three for the men standing, one for this ahjusshi and the other one is for a person I don’t know. I intend to ask him today for whom the extra cup was, I hope he’d tell me.

“So are you going to sit down again to listen to my story?” he hopefully asked.

I gladly nodded and he motioned for me to sit on the chair across his.

“Ahjusshi, can I ask you something first?” I hesitantly spoke.

“Sure, ask away” he nicely permitted.

“I notice that there is always an extra cup of bubble tea but you never drank it, who is it for? Or do you drink it on your way to work?” I carefully constructed my question so that it wouldn’t sound intrusive.

“Oh, you finally noticed. I was waiting for you to ask that” he said and then smiled. “Remember when I told you that this place was my son’s favorite?” he begun.

“Yes, I remember” I eagerly answered. “So it’s for your son?”

“No” he laughed at my childish question. “My son is already an adult. He won’t like it if I go to his work or house just to bring him a cup of his favorite drink.”

My expression turned confused and he noticed it.

“I bring it to my wife’s grave” he casually answered.

“I-I’m sorry” I stuttered. I was shocked to know that his wife was dead. How stupid of me to even ask that! I feel like a fool now. That was why he was always alone, that explains everything.

“It’s okay. It’s been a long time already” he said and then genuinely smiled, which made a little bit of my guilt to vanish. “This place was first favorited by my wife. She often brought my son here which is why this also became his favorite place. Whenever he was sad because I scolded him or his classmates bullied him, his mother will always bring him to this sanctuary. They will always have fun drinking and talking about anything they could think about. My son really loved his mother. She was the most important and only treasure he has. That’s why on the day she died, my son never left her side. He slept beside her before she was prepared for funeral. He slept beside her coffin and on the day of her burial, he slept on the cemetery. It took him a long time before he can move on with his life. It’s very painful for me to see him like that, but I didn’t know what to do. My wife usually does the consoling so now that she’s gone there was no one he could depend on. I feel like I’m a failure as a husband and father” he sadly ended his story and slowly took a sip on his cup.

“I’m sure you’re not that bad. You care about him so much; you just don’t know how to show it.” I tried comforting him.

“Yes, because I care about him too much, I tried my best to take away his mind from that sadness so I let him focus on his work, but I guess I put too much pressure and restriction on him that he felt suffocated. I thought I was doing the right thing, but instead he hated me more for that. I promised my wife that I’ll make this family better when she is gone, but what I did was to destroy it. I’m indeed a failure” he said and then put his head down.

I couldn’t tell if he was crying or not. I just stared at him, not knowing what to say. I wouldn’t call him a failure, just in the process of making things right again.

“Mr. Yang, the office already called, you are needed there ASAP” one of the tall men in suit said.

Ahjusshi bid goodbye. I guess I’ll wait for his stories until the next time we meet.

 

I didn’t expect that that time would come so soon because two days after that day, ahjusshi came at the shop again, but this time is a little bit different. He came in at night, when it was about closing time, his body guards were not with him and he went straight to the counter to order.

“Ahjusshi, you didn’t have to come here, I’ll just take your order from your table” I offered.

“Oh no, I’ll just order it now, two chocolate bubble milk tea, to-go” he said in such a hurry.

“O-okay” I stuttered because I was getting a little suspicious as to why he was acting differently today.

When I turned my back against him to prepare his order, Na Eun alarmingly screamed. I immediately turned around to see what happened and my eyes widened to see ahjusshi on the floor struggling as he hardly pressed his chest.

“Ahjusshi!” I screamed.

Youngdon instinctively carried him as we ran out to grab a cab.

 

When we arrived at the hospital, I rushed to the first nurse that I could see and told him that ahjusshi needs to be treated, but he ignored me. I ran to the next nurse and she ignored me as well. This pisses me off now, why could they not immediately treat this man? Is it because we looked like we don’t have money! Aish! This people are really impossible! But this man has lots of money! That’s what I think!

When I ran to the next nurse I shouted, “Nurse! Please treat this man! I think he is having a heart attack! His name is YANG HYUN SUK!” I made sure that she heard the name right.

Her eyes widened in shock and immediately called for the other nurses to bring in a stretcher. They laid him on it and rushed him towards the emergency room.

 

I didn’t know who to call that time, so I just waited until someone he knows arrive at the hospital. The nurses were gossiping; I heard one of them ask to the other as to who I am.

Who is this man? Why does everyone know him? And why was it a big deal that I was the one who brought him here?

 

My heart was beating hard and fast the whole time. It only slowed down when I saw three men in suits rushing towards the reception table. The nurse pointed them to ahjusshi’s room and they ran towards the direction.

A much smaller man came in also dressed in formal suit and tie. He asked something to the nurse, who answered by pointing towards me. I didn’t know what he was going to do with me but I still greeted him politely.

“Hi, I’m Sean, Mr. Yang’s Secretary. You are?” he nicely asked.

“I’m Jung Soojung but everyone calls me Krystal. I work at the bubble tea place that ahjusshi… I mean, Mr. Yang always goes to” I said and formally bowed.

“Can you tell me what happened?” he asked. He suddenly fell silent and looked around. A lot of ears and eyes were focused on both of us. “I think it’s better if we talk in somewhere more private.” He walked towards the room where ahjusshi was resting at that moment.

 

“Ms. Jung, please tell me now what happened?” he asked once he close the door behind him.

I told him the whole story without leaving out any details. “The nurses wouldn’t tell me what happened to him, is he really okay? Why did he fell to the floor?” I asked him instead.

“I’m sorry Ms. Jung but I don’t think you have the right to know that” he answered

“Okay I understand” I replied. “How about his son? Where is he? Does he know that his father is here?” I can’t help but ask.

I saw his uneasy expression. “How much do you know about him Miss?” he asked curiously.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t know if I can trust you to tell you how much I know. Mr. Yang always tells me something about him whenever he visits the shop” I informed him. “I will go now, Mr. Sean, but I’ll come back tomorrow to visit him, can I have that right?” I politely asked him.

He helplessly nodded.

 

TOP POV

I was out again at the same bar. Everyone was starting to get drunk except for me. For the past few days, I didn’t have the mood to make a move on any girl. Jiyong is getting weirded out. Since that night that I met that girl, I kept on wanting to see her, but hanging out in the same old bar made it impossible. She must have already hated this place because of me.

 

The time when I kissed her momentarily comes back to my mind and clouds it with images of her. That was my first ever real kiss. The way my lips touched hers made my whole body tremble. I closed my eyes that time so that I could forever preserve that memory, the memory when I first met the girl who I fell in love with in just 5 wonderful seconds. Where is she now? Will I ever meet her again?

 

My trail of thought was interrupted when I saw Mr. Sean walking his way towards our table accompanied by two of my father’s bodyguards.

“What do you want now?!” I exclaimed when they were already near. His expression was gloomy and alarming. “Seunghyun-ah, come with me. We need to talk” he said in a low voice.

“How many times will I tell you, I am not Seunghyun, TOP! Call me TOP!” That was very childish of me. I always wanted to have the last words. Howeever, I still followed him as he walked outside the bar.

“Seunghyun-ah” he said that name once again, but I let it go for now. “…your father is sick. He is in the hospital right now” he sadly stated.

“So? Does he want me to visit him?” He always wanted me to be there whenever he was having a hard time, but this time I wouldn’t care.

“He didn’t say. He still hasn’t woken up since the day he was brought in” he said.

“When was he brought in?” I asked.

“Two days ago” he sadly answered.

What? Two days? It must have been serious? I thought. “What happened to him” I tried not to sound worried.

“He had a heart attack, they are still checking whether he is in a coma” he carefully replied.

 

The next morning, I woke up early. What Mr. Sean said kept on bothering me the whole night even before I went to bed. I need to see how he was doing. Even if I hate him, he is still my father, and he wasn’t really bad all the time.

But even before I reached the hospital, I received a text from Mr Sean that my father had just woken up. Good timing! I didn’t want him to see me caring for him, but I was already near the hospital.

 

I debated with myself for several minutes whether to go inside or just let it pass, and I came to the conclusion that I will visit him and tell him that Mr. Sean made me come here. Yes that’s a great idea!

I walked towards his room and before I opened the door, I heard his voice and his laugh. What or who can make him talk and laugh like this? It made me more willing to see him.

When I came in, the laughing and talking suddenly died down. My father stiffened up and Mr. Sean immediately stood up. And then this girl sitting by the window caught my attention. The way she sat and her hair falls to her waist was very familiar. It made my heart beat faster.

“It’s good to see you here, Son” my father happily greeted me.

She suddenly turned to look at me. My thoughts were confirmed. It’s her! The girl in the bar! I was so happy to see her, but I knew she wasn’t as amused.

 

Krystal POV

When I heard him say the word ‘son’, my heart raced so fast that it can compete in a marathon. I immediately turned to look at him, and my happiness suddenly faded as I look at a very familiarly unpleasant face. It’s him! The jerk in the bar!

I immediately stood up. “Ahjusshi, actually I already met this son of yours. I’m sorry, but I have to go” I formally bowed to him and to Mr. Sean and hurriedly walked out. I ignored him when I passed beside him. He really pisses me off, until now. I hate him!

 

TOP POV

“Why is Ms. Jung so mad? Did you do something to her?” Mr. Sean asked.

“Did you two already meet, Son?” my father asked.

I didn’t answer any of them. I won’t let this pass by again. Not this time; not when was able to meet her again. I ran out of the room and chased after her.

 

“Miss! Wait!” I called after her but she didn’t stop. I knew I had to come near her.

 

Krystal POV

I heard him calling my name. What does he want now? I pretended to not hear him and walked even faster. But he caught up and blocked my way.

“Miss, please. Let me explain what happened that night but first let me breathe” he said as he tried to catch his breathe.

“For a tall and fit person, you awfully get tired easily” I told him.

“I know, my lungs did this to me” he said, which shocked me. What’s wrong with his lungs? “Oh, what I meant was I’m not really as fit as you think I am.”

I waited until he could explain himself. I didn’t know what I was doing. I hate this guy and yet I was waiting for him to begin explaining. I gathered all my courage and began walking again.

“Hey, so you won’t let me explain?” he called out. I continued walking again until he was able to catch up once more. “Miss, wait okay?!” he exclaimed.

“Yah! How many times will you make other people wait for you, huh?!” I finally broke down. “You made your father wait for you! What if he didn’t wake up anymore?! Are you going to like that? Don’t you even have the heart to worry for him?! Oh yeah, right! You don’t have a heart. What you have inside that chest is a stone cold object that just pumps your blood! Maybe that is why your lungs don’t work that perfectly!” I shouted until I exhausted everything that I wanted to say. Tears kept falling on my cheeks as I think of the worst thing that could have happen to that ahjusshi.

 

TOP POV

I didn’t know why she was crying but my heart hurts every time a tear flow from her small, attractive eyes.

“I’m sorry. I was stupid! I didn’t even think of it like that. I let all the hatred eat up my heart so nothing remained for me to care for him” I tried to explain myself but each word I utter made me more stupid.

She left without saying a word. I let her go this time.

 

I came back to my father’s room and checked if he was fine.

 

I fell asleep at the dining table in the hospital room. Mr. Sean woke me up in the middle of the night and brought me out of the room.

“Did Ms. Jung tell you anything?” he asked.

“What’s there is to tell?” I was skeptic.

“About your father’s condition?” he replied.

“What about it?” I asked.

“The doctor diagnosed him with stage 4 cancer. It was so critical that it is already impossible to heal him. He didn’t want to undergo chemo because he didn’t want to look weak” he sadly answered.

“How critical?” I was trying to hold back the tears.

“2 weeks to one month at most” he answered.

“B-but that’s too soon?” Tears started forming on the corners of my eyes. What was I doing with my life away from my father? Honestly he didn’t do anything wrong, I just coped up with my mother’s death by blaming it on him. I blamed him for years that I was left with only two weeks to show him that it wasn’t his fault. I’m so stupid!

 

Krystal POV

I came to visit him again that morning. I wanted to see ahjusshi because he made me feel like I never lost my parents. He was so much like my father.

“Ahjusshi, good morning!” I greeted as soon as I came in the room. I was shocked to see that no one was there, even ahjusshi. Where are they? I asked the nurse just outside the room and he pointed me towards the direction of the hospital’s garden.

I made my way there and my eyes got teary as I saw ahjusshi sitting on his wheelchair with his son sitting on the bench beside him. What happened? Did they reconcile already? I was very happy.

Mr. Sean saw me peeking and told me to go there. I hesitated until I reached the place where they were. “Ahjusshi, you’re here. I was looking everywhere for you” I pouted.

“Oh, really? My son brought me here to get some air. What is that?” He pointed at the bag that I was carrying.

“Bubble milk tea” I gladly said and handed one to him.

“Wait, I didn’t know you like that?” his son asked him.

“I always visited your mom’s favorite shop since the day you transferred to your own house” he answered him.

I also handed him one. “He orders two of them and never drinks one” I told him.

“Oh, how rude of me” ahjusshi said. “I haven’t formally introduced the two of you, Soojung this is my son, Yang Seunghyun.”

“Call me TOP” he said.

“Son, this is Jung Soojung, the girl who works at the bubble tea place.” “Krystal, just call me that” I informed him. And we gladly shook hands.

 

TOP POV

I was smiling the whole time my father was introducing us. So this was the plan he was talking about when I told him that I liked Krystal. My father is just the best!

It was my first time holding her hands. I was soft and small, it felt nice. Electricity flowed through my body and my heart skipped another beat. What could this girl possibly have that could make my heart skip a beat every time I was near her.

 

Each day she would come by the hospital to visit my father and each day she was there, I fell more in love with her. She still has me caught in a wonderful trance.

 

My father’s condition got worse. He got thinner and weaker as time passed by. He was able to pass the two week mark but the month mark took a toll on him. He died a day before my birthday and left me regretting all the days and nights I spent with my friends rather than staying beside him. It was hard to accept but Krystal made it better. I was still thankful that my father made it possible for me to meet this wonderful girl. I was able to move on with my life.

 

Krystal POV

I was devastated when ahjusshi died, but not as devastated as his only Son. Seungyun often cries while I was talking to him over the phone. I knew I had to help him move on with his life so I stuck by his side. I was always there when he needed me. I never knew he would misinterpret all that until that night.

 

“Hey, I’m on my way to the shop right now. I’ll pick you up and let’s eat dinner together” he said over the phone.

I agreed immediately because he always wanted to have dinner in his father’s favorite restaurant but he didn’t want to be alone.

 

When I got out from work, he was already there waiting. He opened the door in the passenger’s seat and helped me in. What a gentleman. He changed a lot since the day we met.

“So are we going to the usual place?” I gladly asked.

“Nope, we’re going somewhere different” he excitedly answered.

“Where?” I asked but he didn’t answer.

 

We went to a different restaurant. It was more elegant than our usual. After eating a very sumptuous meal, he excused himself to go to the men’s loo.

 

TOP POV

I excitedly walked back to the car to get the bouquet that was specifically prepared for her. Yes tonight, I’m going to tell her that I like her and I hope she tells me she liked me too.

 

When I was already back in the restaurant, I saw her surprised expression because I appeared in the entrance instead of coming from the restroom. I slowly made my way towards her, with the flowers hidden behind me.

“What are you doing?” she asked still with that shocked expression.

I handed her the flowers and tears streamed down to her face as she looked at them.

“Krystal-ah, thank you for changing me, for staying by my father when he was sick and for not leaving me when he was already gone. You meant a lot to him and now I want you to mean more to me. Krystal-ah, saranghae. Since the day I saw you at the bar and you turned when I called you, I knew I was already in love. You made my heart skip a beat for the first time. The kiss was real to me. I really love you” I breathlessly said all these things to her.

 

Krystal POV

More tears fell from my eyes after he told me how he felt. I didn’t know he would misunderstand it this much. What was I going to do? I didn’t want to hurt him now and in the future. I really had to think things through and decided that I should turn him down now.

“Seunghyun oppa, what are you saying? You don’t mean that right?” I asked.

“Of course I do. I really love you Krystal!” he replied.

“But oppa…” I hesitated. I couldn’t turn him down. Not here, it was such a wrong place to hurt him, but I was left with no choice. “…I-I’m already engaged” I said, and showed him the ring on my finger.

“W-what? Th-that ring wasn’t there when we met? When?” he stuttered. Poor thing.

“Oppa, it was there when we met at the bar, and it was there when we met at the hospital. I never took it off” I uttered.

“I-I don’t believe you. How could you be engaged? Don’t make up lies!” he fought.

“Oppa, I’m not lying.” Tears started falling from my eyes. I didn’t want to hurt him like this, not when he just got out from grieving.

“Yah, Krystal-ah, don’t answer me with that crap!” he was furious.

“Oppa, calm down” I tried to hold his shoulders but he immediately stood up and stormed out of the restaurant.

I chased after him, I wouldn’t let this night end until I was sure that he was okay.

 

“Oppa, wait!” I called out but he didn’t look back. I was able to catch up with him andtried to stop him by pulling his arms but he slapped them away. Instead he turned around and pinned me harshly on the wall. “Oppa! What are you doing? It hurts!” I squealed, but he didn’t budge.

He was piercingly looking at me. I can see the rage written all over his face. And next things I knew, he started kissing me.

“Oppa! Stop! Please!” I screamed and tried to free myself from him, but he was just too strong.

I kept on shouting helplessly but he didn’t stop. I just kept on crying while he kisses me from my lips to my neck. I was becoming scared of him.

He suddenly stopped and rested his head on my shoulders. I was panting and crying at the same time.

“I’m sorry” he said.

I was so mad that I hardly pushed him and slapped his face. I ran fast and immediately called for a cab.

 

TOP POV

I didn’t know why I did what I just did. I felt very mad and stupid. Now, I lost all the chance to be with her.

 

I woke up the next morning. My head hurts from the alcohol I drank last night after what had happened. I regret everything. I wanted to make things right with her again so I got up and dressed up to visit her at the shop.

 

I gloomily drove towards that place and stopped exactly in front of it. When I got out of the car, I saw a blonde guy entering the place, holding a bouquet behind him. My eyes followed him. He went straight to the counter and talked to Krystal. The next scenes told me who he was.

 

Krystal POV

I was taking a customer’s order when a blonde guy entered the shop. My heart skipped when I saw his familiar features, tall and manly physique, defined face shape, smooth skin and his lovely brown eyes. He was indeed the man I fell in love with and promised to marry when he came back from Paris. He is my one and only love.

“Sehun oppa, why are you back so early?” I asked in surprise. My eyes were already teary.

“Well work ended already, I couldn’t wait until next week to get hom, so I took the first flight this morning. I miss you so much. I brought you favorite flowers” he said and took out the bouquet he was hiding behind him.

“Oppa…” I uttered. I wouldn’t mind if he got me nothing, as long as he is here, I’m happy. I ran towards him and hugged him tightly. “Oppa… I missed you so much. I love you” I breathlessly uttered.

He kissed me so passionately. This was the kiss that I wanted. This was the kiss I would love for the rest of my life.

 

TOP POV

When they kissed, it was like my whole world crumbled. The world that I was able to build whilst I was in that wonderful trance was gone in just a blink of an eye. I didn’t see this coming; she was already engaged even before I met her. I never had a chance with her. How silly of me to think that I did. Tears fell from my eyes. Those were tears of getting hurt by the one you love. So this is how it felt like to be heartbroken, this was what I had been doing to all the girls I hit on every night. This was my nasty karma for doing that to them.

 

I never forgot about her. I decided to live a better life. She changed me and I wanted it to be like that forever so at least she was still part of something in my life. I never liked any girl after her. I often visited the bubble tea place but she wasn’t working there anymore. I heard that she married that blonde guy, Sehun and they went abroad to live in Paris. I only hoped that she continues being happy. And if ever she would be left with no one loving her, I pray that she won’t forget that I will always be here to love her dearly.

 

***THE END***