Getting to know you...

Speak and Listen

Being mute is difficult, of course, I know thats no surprising new factoid, but actually having my voice teken me has been so mentally straining...

I go to Minho's room everyday. I stroll over in my pathetic little wheelchair. What was once a man who was full of life, has now become an empty shell. I feel so lonely sitting next to him, holding someone who can't hold me back anymore. Minho was my best friend.... Perhaps even more of a friend than a lover. I miss him. 

(thud)

I looked back to a cup of water on the floor. I didnt even realize there was someone else in the room. How did I not recognize a whole other person through this whole week? My eyes shifted towards him. He had pale skin, and pink lips. His head was a bandaged up. I awkwardly nodded at him and he gave me an awkward smile back. 

'It was cute.' 

He blushed. 

'He's very handsome.'

He coughed. 

...... I'm probably overthinking things.

He looked at me as if he saw right through me, than he looked away as if he was alarmed. 

I must be going crazy from all this lack of human interaction right? Minho's right next to me, I shouldn't misplace my emotions. 

"Hi! I'm Jongsuk, nice to meet you. "

'I'm Yuri' s what I probably wouldve said. 

"Yuri, thats a nice name" he chirped

wait...

his eyes widened

can... can you hear my thoughts?

he looked away sheepishly. 

hey you... HEY YOU

he acted like he was going to sleep. 

'Hey ugly!'

he winced

"Yuri, it's time for your check up"

the nurse started to wheel me out of the room. I tried to stop the chair, I grabbed at the furniture around me

"It's okay, you can see Minho tomorrow honey"

I turned my head to look at him

'Jongsuk, I know you can hear me'