Its Too Quiet

Speak and Listen

Brain Tumor

Eyes.... People normally see the eyes first. The glance is important... Its the very first impression of a person. 

However, its a bit different for me. Eyes are too loud, they reveal disturbing, unnecessary ideas. So what happened? Oh right, I fainted again. I guess God presents great gifts at great costs. I sat up and inhaled the very familar scent of the hospital. It reeked of death and sanitation. 

Laura came in. 

"I thought I was completely healed"

"Its just the side effects of the medication you`ve been taking"

She gazed at me ' Its such a pity, he`s such a handsome young man.'

"Laura, am I going to die?" I closed my eyes and fell back into the bed. I wanted to hear it from her, I wanted only the explanation she wanted me to hear. 

"You won`t die, however, you do have many health problems. " she sighed "Be careful Jong, your body may stabilize, but itll take at least 7 years. "

Great, there goes my twenties

Laura proceeded and injected me with godknowswhat substance that has been keeping me up and running. 

"One more week, just endure one more week and you`ll be out of this place. "

but I dont understand.... If the tumors gone, why am I still hearing these voices?

"Who`s he?" I pointed at the guy in the corner. 

"Coma, He`ll be moved into a private facility be tomorrow. Poor thing, fell right on his head after a car accident. Someone should take you back to your room soon, dont strain yourself"

Laura left 

He was tall and handsome. I walked over to him. 

"Hi, I`m Jong Suk, are you Korean too?" I whispered

"You know, I havent met a lot of guys my age while I was here, I`m 24, I guessing youre around there as well. Can you hear me?" I gently opened his eyes with my fingers. Nothing... poor guy, he`ll be so surprised when he wakes up. I read the label on his bed. 

"Lee-Min-Ho, So you are Korean! Cool! So whats a guy like you doing here in America? Business trip?"

It was nice, not having to hear both the eyes and the mouth. 

Suddenly, the door bursted open, and in came a girl practically falling apart. 

As she limped towards the bed, she caught a glimpse of me. 

And I felt her pain, a blow so bad that I unconciously grabbed my own heart and started to tear

Her hands shook as they made their way to Minho`s face. 

And opened but nothing came out. 

Something wasnt right, it`s too quiet.