Chapter TWO

Only Get Away

19316148-256-k593386.jpg

 

(¯'•.•´¯) (¯'•.•´¯)

*'•.¸(¯'•.•´¯)¸.•´ ♥

           ☆ ♥ '•.¸.•´ ♥ º ☆.¸¸.•´¯'♥

Third Person’s PoV

Jin sat on the swing plugging his earbuds into his phone. NamJoon sat slouching on the play structure just lazily looking into the sky.

“Hey.” Jin called out.

Namjoon ignored him and continued his gazing.

Jin tried again. “What are you doing here at this ungodly hour?”

“Why do you care?” The one on the play structure growled.

“I-... I’m just trying to make conversation. What’s your name?” Jin was never actually this brave to talk to someone, especially close to midnight, but curiosity took over.

He contemplated lying about his common surname, but seeing as it wouldn’t make a difference, he shrugged. “Kim Namjoon.”  

Jin waited for the boy to ask his name in return, but he didn’t, so he awkwardly continued. “Mine is Kim SeokJin.”

‘’ Too common. ‘’ he murmured to himself

“What?” the elder boy looked up, but he didn’t reply and instead began fiddling with the cuffs of his shirt.

After several moments of silence, Namjoon asked “What kind of family are you from?”

Jin scratched the back of his head, “I don’t want to sound like I’m bragging, but just one of those rich ones where all you have to do is sit in class, you know? But of course, I don’t care about wealth. I don’t buy my way through school like my brother did.”

For some reason, this ticked Namjoon off. “You’re from one of those families, so privileged! You can lay back and take breaks whilst I have to set an example for my stupid younger sister who doesn’t even bother.” He sat up and spat. “I hate your kind.”

“My kind?” Jin was surprised, who says those kinds of things?

“Obviously, you’re from the rich part of town. I live in the so called: poor side.”

The older supposed this might soon get him into a fight from all the insults this other guy was spitting out. “I’ll be going then.” He fled the scene and headed downtown.
Namjoon grunted, maybe it was a bit unfair of him to take his anger out on the older boy. But he couldn’t care less at the moment, it didn’t matter anyway. That Seokjin guy would probably go to some more luxurious place like a high-class restaurant instead of chilling in a park fit for commoners.

-

Seokjin trudged over to the nearest house, Jeon Jeongguk’s. He called the younger boy up so he wouldn’t wake the parents or what not. The boy  never let the phone beep twice, he always picked up right away. “Jeon Jeongguk, what are you doing at this hour?”  “It’s Taehyungiee , hyung! Jimin and Jeongguk invited me over. What’s up?”  “Would you let me in?” Jin asked. “Sure thing. Wait, you’re outside?” “Just hurry up and open the door!” The older complained. Jin could hear someone running through the house just to get to the front door. “Annyeong Jin oppa!” It was Annie, Jeongguk’s younger ‘sibling’, standing at the door. “Hurry up and get inside before our parents wonder who opened the door!” Taehyung was by the stairway grinning at the older. “Thanks for opening the door, Tae.” Jin said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. “You’re welcome.” The silly orange haired boy skipped up the steps regretting nothing. “So, what year are you in school now Annie?” Jin asked. “Eighth.” She sighed. “These school years are going by quickly.” “That’s because you skipped just like your brother.” The older laughed. “Hyung! What are you doing here?” Jeongguk’s eyes widened when he say Jin by the doorway. “ “Because I technically ran away, but it seems more and more like I got kicked out since I left.” He shrugged. “So rebellious.” Jimin teased. “Yah! Park Jimin! Who are you calling rebellious when you stay away from home as much as possible! Then you come here every night and-” Jeongguk got cut off from a hand to the mouth. “Remember who’s older.” Jimin hissed. Jeongguk removed his hyung’s hand from his mouth and wiped at it with his sleeve. “And remember who’s smarter!” The younger tsked. “Ouch burn.” Taehyung giggled. “Go to bed Annie.” Jeongguk patted her head. “You have school tomorrow.” “Eesh, I’m not a baby.” She swatted her step brother’s hand away.  Annie had been told she was supposedly kidnapped by Jeongguk’s parents. She knew nothing more than that. “You want me to tuck you in?” He asked. She stopped for a moment. “Yeah.” The two had a perfect brother sister relationship, even though they weren’t even close to being related. Seokjin was jealous of that, not that he would murder his best friend or his ‘sibling’, but jealous enough.

-

NamJoon by stayed by the play structure a while longer. There were two people approaching him in a strange way. Either he wanted to run and hide stealthily like a ninja, or run and have a high pitched scream. Other than that in his mind, it could be his sister and her boyfriend(s) drunkenly walking to his place or, two random strangers. It had been none of the two choices, it was his two friends, Min Yoongi age seventeen, and Jung Hoseok age sixteen. “Wow, I didn’t expect to see NamJoonie here.” Yoongi tsked. “What are you two doing out?” The youngest asked. “What else? Searching for you. We knew better than to go to your house. Your parents hate Hyung.” Hoseok chuckled. “Why? Because his grades aren’t that great?” NamJoon asked. “Come on, I keep my grades at average, maybe a bit higher.” The older sat down on the swing set. Average here was supposed to be C’s at least, but here, it’s B’s. “So you’re telling me, you get A’s?” NamJoon laughed. “It’s not something to be proud of, but yes. A’s.” Yoongi swatted at the air like the words hung on it. “Who’s house are we crashing at tonight?” “Mine.” Hoseok shrugged. “I’m sure you got in trouble, and Hyung just wanted to ‘get away for a night or two’, meaning a month or two.”

-

Taehyung stood by the door watching Annie being tucked in. Stalker much? “Kai’s coming over tomorrow. Is that alright?” Jeongguk pulled the blanket over her shoulders. “Kai? sure.” He placed a kiss on her forehead and turned towards the door. “Tae? What are you doing?” He took a step back in surprise. “You… You…” He turned away and ran back to the room where the rest were.

 

• ~ • ~ • ~ •

Annyeong~ My co-author-nim has school again *sob* *chokes* ehem. So, I will be doing as much work as possible before school starts! *sighs* School... We’ll try updating regularly and reply to your comments :3 Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

~ | • 느낌아니까 • | ~