Chapter ONE

Only Get Away

Only Get Away ~NamJin~ Made by Annie~.jpg

~Cover Made by Co-Author Annie :3 ~

NamJoon’s PoV

I sighed, the same old lecture was repeated to me for about the hundredth time this year. I sat on the couch, facing my father who was holding my report. My mother stood by the doorway, face grim, watching me. My sister was nowhere to be seen.

 

" Explain this. You dropped by two. What have you been doing? Have you been off with some stupid imaginary fairies? Get your head on straight, Nam Joon. " he flicked the paper with his hand and threw it at me.

 

" Kim Nam Joon, you are the eldest, set an example for your sister. She is to follow in your footsteps so you cannot make a mistake. Walk only in the path I've decided for you and you’ll  be able to live a good life. Even though we are poor you should be able to study hard enough to be the best and live better than we do in the future. " my appa droned on and on, for what felt like a eon. I watched my mother give me a disapproving look before leaving the room:

 

Blah, blah, do this, do that, study well, study hard. Same old, same old. I felt as if I would begin to nod off.

 

" Do you understand? " he said finally, giving me a firm stare.

 

" Yes, I understand. " I replied, voice monotone and face stoic so as not to anger him any further

 

" Good. As punishment for dropping in your grades this semester, I will be cutting your internet. "

 

" What? " I growled, standing up, " I didn't even drop by that much! Dongsaeng dropped by 12% in her last exam! Why aren't you punishing her? Why don't you ever punish her? Why is it always me god dammit! "

 

I regretted my outburst as soon as I said it. My appa's face grew dark and he seemed to become worse than before. He lifted his hand and struck hard me across the face.

 

" Do NOT speak back to me, how dare you. Even though we are poor I give you shelter, feed you, educate you, and this is what I get in return? Despicable, filth. You are shame to the entire family. Get out of my face. You will not have any dinner for the next three days. "

 

I ground my teeth and slowly dragged my feet across the room towards my bedroom.

 

As I turned the knob on the door I heard my father growl, " And NEVER, EVER question me. "

 

Slamming the door behind me I threw my bag at the wall beside my bed, causing all the contents to spill out onto the bed sheets.

 

" you. " I spat through my teeth at the floor. " What do you know about me. "

 

I lifted my hand towards my red cheek and felt a sting as I touched it. It was going to become a bruise.

 

" Give me a ing break. " I slammed my fist into the desk angrily

 

Remembering all the previous times I had been abused by my father, given disapproving and dirty looks by my mother and watching as they showered and spoilt my younger sister. I fumed. I'm still in the goddamn top 1% in the state, better than they ever could achieve in their lifetime - yet they expect more and favour my sister over myself. I don't even give a single about my studies, I have other priorities. I can't stand this anymore. I need to leave.

 

I waited until my father and mother left for their evening shifts before I left the apartment. Heading in the direction of the park, I saw my sister making out with some sleaze from god knows where on the side of the road. I wanted to throw up, but I was starting to become desensitised to such things as they were a common sight; plus, I'd seen worse from her. I can even imagine my parents faces if they saw her now.



 

SeokJin’s PoV

I quietly walked up the stairs to my room trying not to be bothered whatsoever, instead my parents were standing at the top just waiting for me to arrive home. ‘Aw crap.’ I thought to himself.

“Kim. Seok. Jin.” Oemma never called me by my full name, unless I had done something wrong. Actually, Oemma never said my name excluding when I ever did fail to have average grades, meaning straight A’s.

“Yes Oemma?” I tried to keep a poker face with a hint of a smile making myself look ‘normal’.

“Your grades have dropped, by TWO percent!” His Appa pointed to a piece of paper with his grades printed out. “Don’t you know your ranking has dropped by ten students? TEN! That’s a whole lot meaning you’re not going to EVER be as smart as your brother! Never! He was in the top  five! Better yet, he was the number one student!”

“Yes Appa, I’ll do better.” I mumbled hurrying past my parents and diving into my room, locking the door behind me.

“We’re not done!” Oemma’s voice echoed in the house.

I quickly threw my studying materials across the room and stuffed my bag with things I would need to get away for a week or two. Either I would take some of my studying materials to raise my grades over these one or two weeks or get away completely. After all, I was slightly allowed to slack off since Oemma and Appa supported the school with their ‘extra’ money.

I decided to leave my school material behind except homework for the next two weeks, I could either use a friend’s textbook or finish homework at school. Usually instead of doing homework I would sit in the music room with my group consisting of: Park Jimin, Kim TaeHyung, and Jeon Jeongguk, which are all first years. I had recently found out Jeongguk had skipped two years, kid genius. I  sighed looking over at the door which was slightly shaking due to either Oemma or Hyung trying to get in. If I shouted at it, who knows what could happen, that’s usually why I kept my mouth shut.

I pulled up the window and carefully climbed out of  it not wanting to fall two levels down. The ladder was coincidentally right by my room window. I shrugged on a sweatshirt and my backpack before sliding down the ladder in a very dangerous way. I saw my brother drunkenly walk towards the front door. Why wasn’t he home earlier? Sure he was still in school, but he wouldn’t get in trouble, my parents favored him anyways. Oemma and Appa always said “Your brother works harder than you ever could.” But what was ‘working hard’ was them paying for his grades to go up. Hyung was one of those snotty stuck up kids, I’m the quiet one who’s not wanted and gets bullied. Total opposites. I dragged myself whatever way I felt like going, I could find either of my friend’s houses later.

• ~ • ~ • ~ •

I hope you enjoyed this :3

My co-author Annie and I worked pretty hard on this with the time differences DX

But it's all good :3

Updates would most likely be every Saturday(???) ~Depends if one of us has school~

Until next time~ ~ ~

~ | • 느낌아니까 • | ~