Chapter 2.

Word games.

Another day passed. Hurrily searching for my watch, the bell rang. And his usual steps, 1. 2. 3. 4. 5.

As usual, he sits at the back. I convinced myself that its a do or die moment. Yesterday I went home with a smug look. Out of curiousity, I asked Carrie, my roommate, and her respond was  "I heard his girlfriend left him." I stared at her.

"Well, she was in an accident. But, he still doesnt want to accept the fact. Fact?

 "He used to be a wonderful guy. You know, the type of guys that would do anything for his girl. There's always a smile plastered on his face. But," I looked at Carrie as she paused, "since the incident, he never even smiled. Wait that's imposibble-- I mean like never smiles and felt truly happy. I dont know if he talks anymore."

Carrie adds "with enthusiasm, you know. Like have a real conversation, with loud laughs, heads thrown back, clapping bla bla..." with hand gestures.  "How do you know this?" "He was my classmate, remember?" She grimaces.

"I don't understand why he comes to the café, though. I see his face everyday. Literally." Carrie stands, "If I'm not mistaken, the café was her favorite

place."

"Excuse me?" his voice echoes, covering the soft music in the background. "Oh, sorry." I rush to his table, almost spilling the hot coffee that Paula made. "Here you go," he flashes a smile with a small thank you. I turn, took 2 steps but hesitate. Should I? I was nervous as hell as I thought to go or not. I sigh. "Now or never, right?" I turn and sit in front of him. "Um.." he jerks back, surprised and shifts uncomfortably. "What are you doing?" He stutters. "Hi..." I couldnt help but cut to the chase before it gets more awkward. "I'm just wondering..." I trail off. "Oh, wait. Hi, I'm Lynn." He looks at my hand. Oh god. 

"...Jackson." He shook it.

What was this feeling? I thought. As cliché as it sounds, I felt tingly. "So..." he says breaking the tight aired aura in the room. "Oh, sorry. I was just wondering..." would it be rude? What if I made a mistake and he wont talk to me anymore?! I mean I know this is our first time talking, but still. Gosh if I could just explode. He lifted his face, letting a few rays of sunlight on his pure skin through the blindes. Oh. My. Goodness. Flawless.

"Yes?" "Why do you always come here?" He made a funny face. "Well, I mean if you dont mind answering because i'm just curious since i see you everyd-" his chuckle stops me from blabbering. "I thought you'd like customers to come everyday." He replies. "I do.. I mean, we do. But, you come here right on time everyday so it's impossible to not notice." So much about trying not to sound like a stalker. Nice move, me.

"This is my favorite place, if you wanted to know." The way his eyes squint when he smiles, gosh i could just pinch his cheeks and hug him forever.

"Oh." I reply. That makes sense. I nod with a smile, and his eyes were still on me. "Seems like you keep on my track." "Pardon?" "You mentioned that I always come on time." I'm dead. "Ah, you mean that? I-- I, we, actually me and the team like to watch the clock." That was lame.

He chuckles, and picks his mug up, to sip his now warm coffee. "Hehe." I scratch my head awkwardly. "You're cute,"he laughed, as his face went red. "Wait what?" "You're cute. Now, if you don't mind, I have practice to go to. See you tomorrow." He stands, his smile still wide and he winks. "Bye."

Dear god save me from his cuteness