Episode 01 Long Night

Princess from another World

Episode 01 Long Night

"Perfect!" Dong-Yul placed her neat uniform-of-the-day on her bed pleased with her neatness. "Now next task," she turned to her open door restroom. "Bath." she headed to her restroom locking the door behind her as she began to remove her sleeping clothe from her pale body and placing it neatly in her dirty laundry basket.

The hot and cold water faucet were loud as they filled her tub with sparkling clean water with small puffs of vapor flying in the air. Dong-Yul began to squirt bubble bath soap into the tub with small flower petals of the Sampaguita flower plant in her bathroom making an elegant scent touch the restroom air everytime.

"Hmm," Dong-Yul hummed in bliss placing herself inside the tub feeling her tense muscles begin to relax. "I didn't know I was so tense. I must have worked too hard last week." she grabbed her blue body scrub and began to scrub her skin gently.

Dong-Yul laid her head back as she really began to relax, closing her eyes.

Ring Ring! Ring Ring!

"Ugh," she pulled herself out of her comfortable bath pulling a bath robe over her as she walked into her large bedroom to grab her phone from the end table near her queen sized bed with beautifully decorated violet sheets with black designs. "Hello mother," she began sitting down at the edge of her bed.

"Dong-Yul," her mother began as Dong-Yul heard the sizzling of something frying in a pan in the background. "You at work or something?" her mother cracked another egg in the pan as she cooked breakfast for her husband and her.

"No, today is my day off. I don't start til' three days from now." Dong-Yul looked over at her digital clock that showed time and what day of the week it currently was. "Why?" she asked suspicious. It is not everyday her mother calls, she wants something and Dong-Yul knew it.

"So you doing good at work?" her mother was having difficulty with the food as a large flame popped up from the stove. "Holy !" she whispered slapping a wet towl at the burnt breakfast.

"Mom I know you want something so just get to your point." Dong-Yul heard cursing coming from her mother's side of the phone. "Mom, are you ok over there? What happened?"

"God damn it woman where the hell's my breakfast!" her father's voice yelled while Dong-Yul heard on the phone.

"In a god damn minute! Sit your back down, I'll make you cereal." her mother yelled unknowing her daughter was hearing the argument on the other side of the line.

"I don't want me no damn cereal!" her father protested.

"Well, you're gonna eat it!" her mother hollard.

"Try to make me woman!"

"Shut your old up and eat your cereal!" her mother dropped the raisen cereal in front of her husband. "You know me, I want something." she spoke through the phone hearing a bit of giggling coming from Dong-Yul's line.

"This got raisens in it." her husband murmured to himself.

"Shut the hell up Jo and eat it." she turned back to the phone. "I set you up with one of our neighbor's nephew's whose staying in Seoul for a like about a year. I was wondering if you will be the reason he stays longer." she whispered the last part even though Dong-Yul's ears caught every word.

"Mother, why?" she asked disappointed. "Can't anyone except that I have no one who wants a woman like me in their lives?"

"Oh honey," to her surprise her mother's voice sounded sympathetic. Weird, for as long she knew her mother never ever showed anyone sympathy. "There is always someone out there for everyone, if you don't search or go out. You'll never find anyone. Believe me, I was just about to give up until I met your father who I ended up with, not like I had a choice in the beginning though." she tried to whisper the last part under her breath, but she knew her daughter's body fuctions were excellent enough to hear that.

"Hehe, well maybe if I do end up getting stuck with him...I might just learn and know how to love." Dong-Yul's voice died down on her last few words. 'Learning to love?'

"Well, honey I got to go your father is ready to go buy some groceries and I have to come since he doesn't know the difference between a good fresh tomato and one rotting from the inside!" she yelled out the last part specifically to her husband who just waved at her to hurry up. "Oh, I forgot! You meet him at the Glamourous Penguin around 8:35 tonight! He is going to be wearing a formal suit you know like penguins do. Bye, talk to me on how it went!" then, she hung up.

"Mom, mom?" she turned off her phone screen. "Great." she sighed. "Dressed like a penguin. I love penguins." she walked over to her closet and opened it's double doors with two large mirrors on either door to camouflage it from the outside. She digged through her dresses finding none for a decent date, just all too professional. "What to do?" she dropped on her bed wrinkling the outfit she was going to use today.

Suddenly, Dong-Yul's phone began to buzz and she went ahead and reached for it. "Payday," she rolled her eyes before closing them. "51,622,500w ($50,000) this week. I can go shopping." she hopped off from her bed grabbing another pair of clothe.

Apgujeong, Seoul

Dong-Yul took in the nice fresh air that welcomed her as she entered one of many of Apgujeong's expensive stores. She went to the dress section of the store hoping to find a decent black dress for her penguin date. She looked over at one specific that catched her eye that was made from a designer by the name of, "Claude? Hm." she began to sniff the dress a little. Woman around noticed and just stared at her as if she was weird. "Aish!" Dong-Yul turned away from the women going ahead to try the dress on. Once she came out of the dressing room the black dress fit her figure well showing her healthy figure."It's perfect." she whispered.

A man entered the store walking up the large aisle until he just turned his head having something grab his attention in the dress aisle. He walked up close to the dressing room section seeing a young woman in one of his latest designer dresses that were displayed out of his silver collection show not since a month ago. Dong-Yul checked herself in the mirror as she fixed a few edges and made it as comfortable as possible on her body making sure she doesn't hurt later or so.

"It feels perfect." she whispered.

"It is perfect." Claude whispered. 'I have never seen a woman match that dress as perfect as her. I don't think another woman ever will.'

Dong-Yul heard a faint whisper somewhere and turned around to see no one around. "Hm, maybe it was just me." she walked back into the dressing room to take off her dress.

"I'd like to pay for this dress please." she placed the dress onto the counter as she began to search for her wallet.

"Very well then Miss," the cashier felt a tap on her shoulder from behind.

"Let her take it without pay. I'll worry about that." Claude whispered in the woman's ear as she nodded in response. "You know what," she began as Dong-Yul stopped searching her purse. "It's free of charge." the lady placed the dress in a white box and into a store bag handing it to Dong-Yul who just stared at her surprised. "Someone will be paying for you." she smiled.

"Oh ok," she took the bag in her hands slowly. "Well, thank you and tell them I thank them as well whoever it was." the cashier nodded to Dong-Yul's request.

"Have a nice day." the cashier smiled as Dong-Yul walked out of the store happily for some reason.

8:00 pm was shown in the bright alarm clock as Dong-Yul prepared herself with her dark dress, her dark boots, and purse with a diamond design. She pressed her hand against her hair to see if it was straight enough and did a side bang since she was at it.

"Ready." she smiled feeling really bright and positive about this blind date since she's never met the guy before.

Dong-Yul began to drive down her nighborhood in her dark Fiat 500 on her way to Glamourous Penguin to meet her penguin gentelman. ^^

Samsung Medical Center

8:01 pm flashed on the large clock above the hospital door. Patient 1004 opened his eyes wide and began gasping for air. He pulled his upper body in a sitting position as he looked around with a blured vision.

"Ugh," he rubbed his eyes trying to clear his vision. He looked around once again to see a television built onto the wall with an action movie playing and a loud snoring elderly patient as his next door neighbor. The boy without second thoughts wanted to get off the bed only to fall on his face on the cold floor. "Ah!" he groaned out. He stared down at his feet and tried to move his toes, but they were too stuborn to his wishes.

10 minutes later...

"Yes!" he cheered as his toes began to make their first move. He knew that just with a few toes already moving to his command wasn't enough to get him anywhere. The boy stared at the wheelchair near the other patient in a little corner. He stared at it until it was the only thing his vision could see. The chair slowly began to make it's way to him as he cheered to himself.

With a lot of struggle and sweat the boy attempted until he finally adjusted himself well on the wheelchair and his feet as well who still weren't responding so well.

He opened the door at a slight crack seeing an empty hallway with no humans around. He heard footsteps, but ignored as he was beginning to roll outside.

"Where do think you are going without a nurse?" a male doctor who seemed to be around his 50's appeared in front of the boy startling him. Without thinking the boy shut the door right in the doctor's face making a loud bumping sound as the doctor collapsed out into the hall unconcious.

"Uh oh," the boy whispered.

Glamourous Penguin Cafe

Dong-Yul's heart beated quiet fast as her hand was placed on the cafe's door handle. "Hope all goes well." she breathed taking her first step inside. 'Penguin, who here is wearing black and white suit.' Suddenly, Dong-Yul's heart stopped when she spotted him.

Black taliored suit and brown hair kind of in an up-do, very handsome. Dong-Yul finally gathered courage after a while and began to walk up to his table.

"Is it alright if I go ahead and take a seat?" he turned to her voice showing her a pair of dark sparkling eyes.

"You must be Bok Dong-Yul?" he smiled showing a pair of perfect white teeth. Now, that Dong-Yul came to notice, this man doesn't look Korean. "You know my name?"

"Of course I do, Bok Bok." Dong-Yul stared at him wide eyed. 'Nobody has ever called me that in years!'

"H-how is this possible? How do you know me?" she took a seat while she still stared at him unbelieving.

"You don't remember me? That's odd, I remember when you used to throw mud at my face saying you hated me for being such a loser." he laughed. "So I guess you don't remeber nicknaming me A-wu?" his smile never left his face.

Dong-Yul gasped, "Aaron Wu Keng-Lin?!" she cupped her hand over .

"Bingo! I go by Aaron Yan now though." his smile faded when he noticed tears in Dong-Yul's eyes. "Hey, are you alright?" he grabbed one of his napkins pressing it lightly against her cheeks which turned into rose pink of embarrassment.

"It's ok, I'm fine. Why are you here?" she looked him in the eyes confused.

"Isn't it a little obvious now?" he smiled devilishly as Dong-Yul began to drink from her cup of water. "Your mother wants us to make babies." Dong-Yul ended up choking on her water as Aaron laughed while patting her back.

"Hehe, screw you." they both laughed.

"Miss me?" he asked with a raised eyebrow and his unique smile.

"I guess I longed for you deep inside." she smirked. "So, what happened in Taiwan? What do you do for living?"

"Well, I'm an actor for small jobs like commercials and I manage a hotel their in a getaway reservation. Nothing big." he shrugged grabbing his glass of water drinking from it as well.

"It sounds interesting and well paid type of position." she nodded. "But, did you really just come here for me or you have business going on around here?"

"Hm, Less than one fourth is business to be honest." he laid back on his chair getting comfortable.

"What about the three fourths remaining?"

"I'm looking at it." he stared at her for a long time making Dong-Yul feel a little awkward since she is used of people not staring at her a lot.

"Because of my mom forcing you to do so." she nodded pulling up her menu.

"Not really," he nodded. "I just really wanted to see you." Dong-Yul hid behind her menu feeling the honesty behind his words. 'He really did miss me.' she slowly pulled it down looking at him in the eyes. 'I feel guilty, he remembered me all this time, but yet...I forgot about him. I'm sorry Aaron.' she felt the guilt weighing her down.

"I'm sorry I have to be somewhere right now." she suddenly stood from her seat colliding with a waitress holding plates of half eaten food, having it dumped onto her new dress.

"Oh my god, I'll clean this up right away!" the waitress apologized grabbing napkins from the table  knocking Dong-Yul's water on her to make it worse. "Oh god so sorry." the waitress began to scrub onto the dress with panick and really hard that she suddenly ripped off a side revealing Dong-Yul's thigh.

Aaron saw how flushed in the face was Dong-Yul and the girl. Dong-Yul turned to him with watery eyes full of guilt and face full of embarrassment and shame. "I'm sorry, I can't do this." she runed out of the cafe forgetting about her car and just running down the street in tears.

"Wait!" Aaron called after her looking for her, but she disappeared. He sighed, "She probably wouldn't have felt guilty if I didn't tell her anything about our past." a drop of water fell on his cheek and then another as rain suddenly came pouring down instantly making Aaron run inside the cafe for shelter.

Samsung Medical Center

10:06 ticked on the boy's wrist watch as he pushed a wheelchair out into the open with the doctor's unconcious body undercover as a patient. The boy looked left and right seeing if the coast was clear and began walking his patient down to the open elevator. He was confused at which button to press and began to press the lower ones which led to the underground parking lot.

Ding! The elevator doors opened and he quickly noticed nurses were headed to their vehicles at the same time they chit chated. The boy wore sunglasses he found in the doctors coat pocket meanwhile he looked over at the nurses holding a device that makes their vehicles beep in response so he went ahead and digged through the doctor's coat pockets.

"Bingo!" he found the same device. He walked out all casual as he pushed the wheelchair. "Which button do I know to push?" he pressed all of the buttons getting a response from a car nearby. He kept pushing the buttons to exactly locate the car. "Wow," he whispered taking the sunglasses off as he stared at a white polished truck and shining in its glory. His hands let go of the wheelchair letting it roll down the other side of the parking lot.

As a nursed pulled out her car she screamed as the wheelchair came in contact with her car and now an unconcious patient laid on her car's hood.

"Whoops," the boy quickly hopped into the truck putting the sunglasses back on his face as he tried to figure out how to work the damn truck. He finally learned to insert the key and turn to start the engine. "Yes!" his smile faded when he had no clue of what to do next. He started to push the radio and ac buttons having his face and hair get blown with cold air while the radio was on full volume rap. "Ugh...aish!" he tried to turn down the volume and tried to get away from the air making his foot step on the gas pedal making the truck crash forward.

Before he knew it he was driving the truck out into the streets handling it well for a long while not stoping when there was red lights. "Watch where you are going you idiot!" a taxi man yelled out to him when he got in his way. The boy just smiled and waved thinking the taxi driver was making a friendly gesture. 

"Why did I blew it? I'm a pathetic neat freak all the time, always want everything perfect. Why can't I be normal?" Dong-Yul cried as she began to cross the street with her eyes looking straight at her rain ruined shoes.

The boy saw a woman's figure crossing his path with the red light flashing above her. "Ah! Get out of the way!" he screamed. "I don't know how to stop it!" he began beeping at her like crazy getting Dong-Yul's attention as she looked up to see a white truck coming at her. The truck made a sharp turn hitting Dong-Yul with the side of the truck knocking her down unconcious as the truck rolled over landing upside down.

A boy with brown short straight hair and a black and red uniform stood watching the whole thing. "Tsk, tsk." he began as he walked over to the unconcious Dong-Yul with a big gash on her forehead. He pressed his hand against it having a dark aura appear in his hand onto her wound heeling it instantly.

"Ugh," the boy in the upside down truck felt his whole body ache badly. "Pain." he moaned as he turned to the sound of boots walking on broken glass. His vision cleared seeing the other young man in uniform bent down looking at him...expressionless. "Kwang-Min?" the boy questioned.

"You are the most reckless alien I ever came across with. Don't worry about Morcelana she's safe." Kwang-Min spoke noticing the boy's gaze turn to the girl's body laying in the middle of the street.

"Morcelana?" he questioned before fainting from all the blood flowing to his brain.

Kwang-Min sighed. "Tonight, is going to be a long one for me."