The Beggining 1.1 (Ga Eul)

Fixing the Soul (Werewolf Prince)

Hey Everyone. As Promised Here Is the Story in my old page.


Ga Eul

*Bump, ba-bump, Bump, ba-bump*
    There it was again that feeling at the pit of my stomach. The same feeling that never fades away. My heart feels like it’s drumming in my ears and it’s in slow motion. This world wasn’t made for people like me; the fragile, the weak, people who break. Maybe if this was back then, years before the great Nova outbreak things would have been different. Maybe I could  have fought back. The sand truth was I was always weak. The super nova outbreak happened long before I was born. Years and years back long before any of our parents, or our grandparents and great grandparents were born. Some people say it was a chemical in the air that produced these super human being. Others, the more narcissistic, and self  centered beings believe it was a gift given by god. No one really knows how the Super Novas happened only that one day the male population suddenly began to transform themselves into super beings. Animals. Wolves, Tigers, Lions, Bears, Hyenas. The list goes on. Females on the other hand stayed the same or so I’d like to think. We don’t transform into super beings. We don’t have super speed. All that we can do is make connections. Connections with out super nova. Our Soul mate. For any girl it may sound romantic and it is. Everyone that finds their significant other lives on cloud nine. You love each other so much that you literally die without them. It’s an intense attraction , love, lust, friendship all wrapped into one.  Before in the times of our grandparents it was all determined by the heart. You would go out into the world in hopes of finding that true love. That speck of  wishful thinking and just wanting to find someone to love you unconditionally. Of course that was back then, now everyone does it by having their DNA samples sent to our NOVA Research lab. Out of everyone in this huge abnormal world there is only one other DNA that can be a match to your, your mate. Everyone is destined for someone, everyone deserved love. Everyone but me. 

“Your going to be late for school you stupid girl!” My father yells and I have a hard time adjusting my eyes to the light. Before I can say anything he’s already pulling me out of the panic room and all I can do is lay there. My legs feel like jelly and I can’t get up. How long was I in there? 2 days? Maybe a week? I don’t really know. 
“I said get up” My father yells his tone filled with rage that it makes me cringe and before I know it I’m being kicked in my side. I don’t cry out only let out a small whimper hoping he doesn’t hear. The worse I scream the more punishment I receive. I don’t ask for my mother because I know well that she herself is trapped here. I stand up and my legs begin to shake while I try to find my footing. I’m so weak and hungry but I need to get ready for school. Making my way to the bathroom across the hall I hold on to the wall. One foot at a time with slow little steps because my feet wobble to much. Finally after what seems like hours but I know is only minutes I manage to get to the bathroom. I  make my way to the shower and turn on the hot water letting it steam up the bathroom to give me some sort of warmth and comfort because I feel ice cold. I undress and I try not to look at myself in the mirror because I know how badly bruised I am. But my arms, my stomach, my legs I can still see all the colors. Blue, green, yellow, purple I feel numb. I no longer feel the physical pain anymore. I’ve learned to tolerate it, I can almost ignore it without complain or even without crying out. Inside however, inside I feel so hurt. That heart and soul that I have, that I am, is nothing but shambles. A shell of something that could have been. Stepping into the shower I let the warm water relieve the pressure in my back. My muscles feel soar from being in the same sitting position for so many days. My neck burns and I can hardly swallow my own saliva. He likes to choke me until I pass out. I know his hand prints are on my neck but I can feel all the hurt he’s caused me deep in my soul. 

    I close my eyes trying to relax, to bring some sort of peace in me just for a few seconds because I know my nightmare isn’t done yet. I can’t, I can never hear my own thoughts not with my fathers voice in my head. His angry face looking at me and those angry yellow piercing eyes glaring, Worthless, Pathetic, Ungrateful, Useless. Over and over those words circle in my head and no matter how hard I try there never is an off button. Maybe because it’s the way I feel too. 
“Sweetie your going to be late for school” I hear my mother say. Her voice groggy and I know she’s been crying. I don’t reply but I turn off the shower and reach for a towel. Wrapping it around myself I wince because the fabric seems to rough on my bruised skin.  My feet seem to have awoken again because I can now move them again without wobbling. Opening the bathroom door my mother is standing there her eyes red and puffy and her face covered in black and blue. I don’t say anything, not because I don’t care but because I never know what to say to her. There are times when I’m angry at her for keeping me here with them, for not saving me. Then I remember she can’t do anything to save us. She herself is trapped here except I can leave to school and never come back and she can’t. In the end though I always come back not because I’m afraid but because of her. 
“Your neck” My mother says and though she tries to reach out to me I cringe away. I know she’d never hurt me but still, I can’t bare anyone’s touch. They’d be tainted, cursed. 
“I’m fine.” I manage to say and for a moment my mother just looks at me her brown eyes searching for something that I can’t understand. 
“okay” She finally says and I can only nod to her before walking away towards the basement.

    My room is big but there’s nothing much there. The walls are coming apart. There’s a washer and dryer to the left. No posters, no pictures, nothing that says someone lives down here other than the small little mattress on the floor. My clothes are neatly piled to the side and my books are all stuffed in my backpack. Reaching for something to wear I grab an ugly puke green turtle neck sweater and a pair of faded blue jeans. Everything in my wardrobe I get at the local church because my father never buys me clothes. When I was little my mother and I would go down to the local church to get clothes for her and I but now I had to go by myself. Getting dressed was always a hard task for me. Lifting my arms moving around in general caused my bruising body to ache. Finally after I was done I gathered my old brown back pack and walked back upstairs. Before reaching the top I could already see a piece of toast placed on a napkin. Taking it I stood at the steps for a few seconds securely wrapping it in the napkin and then stuffing it in my pocket. I knew that if I got caught I’d be in trouble so I simply made my way out of the house. From outside everything seemed normal. The house looked like any other house in the block. White, green grass, beautiful roses at the front. Picture perfect for everyone to look at. 
“Going to school Ga- Eul?” Mr. Park from across the street asked. He was a nice old man who mostly kept to himself. He’s lived across the street from our family for years. His wife passed away a few months ago but he seemed fine though people knew it would only be a matter of time before he to passed away.
“Yes Mr. Park. Have a nice day” I manage to say and though I try to smile it seems neither of us really has the strength to do so. Instead I make my way to the bus stop 2 blocks from here and I sit by at the bench to wait. Like always I lean my hair to the front allowing myself to shield my face. Though there is no bruising there I still feel the need to hide. 

    When the bus finally arrives I get in paying my $1.50 fee I sit at the back quietly. No one ever talks here. Not that anyone really rides the bus. Mostly females and the occasional senior nova who can no longer shift. 

*Bump, ba-bump, Bump, ba-bump*

    Even before the bus comes to the halt I can feel it in my chest. My stomach seems to drop and I find it hard to get up. Somehow I manage to find my footing and all I can do is make my way to the door. I don’t want to. I hate school. High School is always hard for anyone. But when you’re new, a freshman, nerdy, and at a prep school for the rich. Walking down the hallway I can’t help but keep my head down. 
“Lyric. How was your weekend”
I can recognize the voice simply because she’s the only one that speaks to me. Out of everyone at school she’s the only one that’s different. Offering her a small shrug she smiles at me and continues to speak. I don’t really listen simply because I’m afraid of what happens next. What always happens next. 
“I’ll see you in class okay” Jan Di says her eyes lighting up before she walks away. Her locker is on the second floor mine is on the bottom floor. 

*Bump, ba-bump, Bump, ba-bump*

    Each step that I take I can feel the knot twisting further and further. I keep my head down trying to protect myself as much as I can. Though I know it doesn’t help it makes me feel safer. I can hear him first. His laid back laughter and his cheerful voice. He’s talking to his friends before he tells them to leave. 
 So Yi Jeong. Even in Super Nova life there is always going to be someone on top. Our world is mostly at peace. No one really fights and there isn’t many wars. Two kingdoms divide this planet which we call home. The Kingdom of Archer and The Kingdom of Cray. The Kingdom of Archer is peaceful King So is the fair King, Father of Prince So Yi Jeong and So Il Hyun. 

“You know it’s not Halloween yet. Or are you late for the graveyard shift?” Yi Jeong says.
I can feel myself shrinking but I try not to let it faze me. I never understood why Yi Jeong always makes me feel disarmed. Laid bare for all to see. It was as if he could see all my faults, all those flaws, all the ugly that I really was. For that reason I could never look him in the eyes to afraid of what he might see, what he might confirm. I could always mask my emotions around him, around everyone. Pretending had become a necessity in order to survive and I was an expert. I continued to ignore him opening my locker I shifted my back pack toward the front in order to take out my textbooks.
“Why do you come here?” Yi Jeong asks. His question causing me to still. There’s something different in his voice. Usually he only makes fun of my clothes or makes jokes about the way I look. This time. I can feel it in my chest again.
*Bump, ba-bump, Bump, ba-bump*
“Why do you come here?” He asks again but I simply finish emptying my books in my locker only taking my math book and closing my locker. I try to walk away but his words stop me.
“Everyone at this school hates you” He says my back is now to him.
“You show up every single day. Why? Your just a joke.” He says and now not only am I hearing his words but my fathers. The entire hallway has now grown quiet. Waiting.
*Bump, ba-bump, Bump, ba-bump*
“Yi Jeong leave her alone”  I hear someone say the voice fading in my ears.
*Bump, ba-bump, Bump, ba-bump*
“Do us all a favor and disappear. The world would be a lot better if people like you weren’t in it” Yi Jeong says.
*Bump, ba-bump, a-bump, Bump, ba-bump, ba- bump, Bump, ba-bump, ba- bump, Bump, ba-bump, ba- bump*
My heart is racing now loudly in my ears, wanting to jump out of my chest. No one is saying anything and all I can hear is my own heart beat.
“You son of a !”
*Bump, ba-bump, ba-bump, Bump, ba-bump, ba- bump, Bump, ba-bump, ba- bump, Bump, ba-bump, ba- bump*
Like an explosion or a large wave the silence is suddenly broken by Jan Di. I can’t hear what she’s saying anymore my racing heart is to much. I can’t look up and I can’t move it’s only when I feel Jan Di take my arm and pull me away that I react. She doesn’t say anything to me and takes me to the bathroom. It’s only when she hands me a tissue that I realize  tears are silently falling down my cheeks.
*Bump, ba-bump,ba-bump, Bump, ba-bump, ba- bump, Bump, ba-bump, ba- bump, Bump, ba-bump, ba- bump*
My heart continues to tick almost like a bomb with a timer. Waiting to explode. Waiting to finally break.

***
A/N This is my first chapter I know it’s very depressing but it will get better. The next chapter will be in Yi Jeong’s Point of View. Also follow me on Twitter @JasmineARose1y