prologue

Love Compulsory

prologue

 

"Shen Minxi! You!" the furious lecturer of the scolded girl was totally pissed off by the bubbliest part of her - talking to her friends as if no one would stop her. She smiled sheepishly as the lecturer growled like a mad woman who just ran away from the home of mental disordered. 

 

Of course, this was not first time she got scolded; her name in the campus' demerit system often deducts her smiley points and not to mention, warning letters were too sent to her house just because of her bubbly personality. 

 

"Sorry, madame. I think I will just go out by myself." laughers were heard as she spoke, before the vexed lady gestures her to leave the lecture room. I guess Madame just don't see me as one of her student.

 

In fact, she never know her own problem; being too noisy in the very wrong time when she knew that everyone would laughed at her stupid jokes during classes. She shrugged. "Minxi, tell me more later!" her so-called-buddy, Yuqing whispered to her ear while the one was busy packing her stuff. She chuckled before nodding and left the room. 

 

 

 

As she walked around the huge campus trying to find a place to fill herself in, a familiar broad shoulder hug approached her behind. "Hey babe, got your kicked off again?" shrugging off the broad arm on her shoulders, the shorter one replies, "Duh! I was the one who chose to get out from that sleeping-god-summoning Mandarin class!" 

 

Minxi continued walking, trying to ignore the guy but he kept annoying her; following her and ruffling her hair, which caused her to flare up. "Mind your own business, Huang Zitao!" the latter one flinched as he felt her left arm was going to hit him hard. Luckily he got away, because having a junior under the same wushu clan may cause himself laid in the hospital.

 

"Cool, dude. This is not even the first time you got your  kickin" he stepped in front of her and lower his height meeting her face to face doing his ultimate tactic. The shorter one rolled her eyes and spat, "Don't doe-eye me, you know I never give in, panda." and he cued, "C'mon, don't pull a long face. Gege treats you spicy hot pot!" 

 

She never fails to give in to things that will fill her bottomless-pit-stomach, how would she say no to food when someone volunteered to foot the bill? She was fortunate enough to have Tao as her best friend despite of her penniless life. Minxi chuckled mentally while leaving the campus with the said guy.

 

 

 

 

Ding. Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We are about to begin our final descent to the Beijing Capital International Airport. Currently at Beijing the weather is clear. We have certainly enjoyed having you on board today, we hope to see you again real soon, and thanks again for flying with us. Signing off.

 

 

Ah, back to town at last. Lay took his stretch after a long sleeping journey from Seoul after his highest study in music. He's a talented musician and songwriter since 13 and he got himself to Seoul with his impressive piano skills when he was 17 that made the judge panel of the audition fell in love with his music. Now, he's back for his hometown for 7 years, the Mainland. He got off the aircraft while switching on his on-hand device listening to his own masterpieces. 

 

He got himself a bubble tea after the descent while glancing around the airport searching for someone familiar. Lay lowered his cap as passers-by kept squealing of his looks. Tch. A few moments, his search didn't go vain; a taller guy soon entered his vision. 

 

"How's things in Seoul?" they pulled for a hug and soon pulled away. "As usual, Kris." and taller one chuckled. Yeah, as cold as usual.

 

After the session, Kris got himself and the latter one into his black sleek sedan which he bought it last week. "Ge, I'm hungry." Kris sighed; at least this part of him had not change.

 

"Tao just called before you arrive and he's gonna treat us spicy hot pot at Xiumin's place." Lay left him a sleepy nod and slid inside the passenger seat, "Wake me when we're here." Kris shook his head and started the engine before they left for their friend's hot pot house in town.

 

 

 

 

After the last customer left his eatery, Xiumin turned his welcome door tag to CLOSED. Today’s the day that the 6 of them will reunite again after the last meet because Lay is coming back to town. The older guy hummed himself a cheerful tune while preparing everything for the lunch treat till two silhouettes were seen in front of his door.

 

“Tao! Any good?” the short owner of the hot pot house gladly welcomed his friends into his closed eatery and the two guys hugged each other.

 

“Ah, Minxi is here too! I almost forgot your presence.” Xiumin pulled away from the taller on and ruffled the girl’s head. Why they always ruffle my hair when I always have trouble combing it every day?! Minxi shook her thoughts away and greeted the older one, “and your Mandarin is getting better,” and the three of them buried themselves in Minxi’s jokes before Tao could say that the others will be joining them for lunch.

 

 

“Oh right, Lay is coming back today and he will join us as well,” poking the small dish on the table, Minxi asked, “Who’s Lay?”

 

“Ah, I see you never met him.” Xiumin cued and Tao continues, “he’s one of us, but he seldom comes back. He studied at South Korea and he finally come back after his graduation. I think Kris is responsible to fetch him from the arrival.” Xiumin nodded in agreement.

 

“Oh…” Minxi threw her head behind as her gastric juice kept penetrating her stomach and she cried, “but…” she sat back properly and continued, “can he come faster?” The other two simply laughed at her silliness.

 

 

“Look who’s here?” a deep voice cooed and everyone in the eatery turned to the door. “Kris-ge!” Tao stood while the latter one showed up behind the taller guy, which make the girl forgot about her starving stomach, dropping her jaw. 

 

“I’m back.”

 

 

 

last updated: 1705, 260714