After Two Years

Do you remember?

"Great work today!" The director commented as he clapped his hands together. The crew started packing up as the director strode towards their star model who was having his bold make up removed at the dressing table.

"The shoot was fantastic today too Sehun, do expect another boost in your popularity." the director beamed. Sehun was a university student by day and a model by night. He had just started modelling for 3 months, was well-received by the public and climbed up to fame faster than any other full-time models, keeping the money rolling into the company.

"Sehun ah, about your next shoot..."the director started slowly but was interrupted by Sehun as if he could read the director's mind.

"Director," Sehun stopped fiddling with his phone and turned to look at the director straight into his eyes."I remember distinctively, I mentioned that I would not be dyeing my hair."

"Sehun ah... this... how can you give up this golden opportunity to work with the top model in Korea?" the director was exasperated for he could not change Sehun's mind. This project would bring in buckets of gold. "It's just hair Sehun, you can dye it back right after the shoot." the director reasoned while he glanced at Sehun's rainbow-coloured hair. He was puzzled as to why Sehun was so bent on keeping this wacky hair colour.

"Do think carefully Sehun. It's not all the time you get to be lucky." the director added when Sehun seemed indifferent to his pleas,"It's your career."

As the director walked away, Sehun stared into his own reflection blankly. It was a promise and a memory. 

"Sehun ah, let's make your hair multi-coloured!" a cute boy peered at Sehun with large doe eyes as he tugged at Sehun's arm in a pettishly charming manner.

"What? No way." Sehun snorted as he rolled his eyes. No way on earth is he going to walk around in the college compunds looking like a unicorn, and imagine all the damage such rainbows would do to his scalp. No way at all.

"Please? For me?" the boy pouted as he shook Sehun gently, reaching up to brush a strand of hair away from Sehun's eyes." I bet you would look great in rainbow! If you don't I'll... I'll never drink bubble tea with you again..." he trailed off eventually, looking at his feet.

Sehun really loved the boy standing right in front of him. He cherished him more than anything and anyone else. A smile broke across his face as his heart melted at the boy's attempt to threaten him. He was adorable.

"Oh alright... just for you." Sehun rolled his eyes as he ruffled the cute one's hair.

The boy grinned as he tiptoed to give Sehun a peck on his cheek.

"Oh Sehun!" a familiar voice pulled him out of his reverie. Sehun snapped his head around to see Tao with his arms crossed.

"Oh. You're here." Sehun said as he grabbed his bag, shoving his phone into his pocket.

"You said you were going to be done 30 minutes ago! It's like 9pm now! What are we going to do about dinner?! " Tao started ranting at Sehun who was sauntering towards him.

"Pipe down will you?" Sehun was not in the mood for Tao's daily whinning and complaining."Let's just go and find us some food okay?"

 

 


 

"That's what you always do, you never see me as important as your work!" Tao berated as Sehun parked his V12 Vantage S Roadster in front of a cafe. He stepped out of the sports car and looked up at the name of the cafe: The Brews.

It was a cafe with a quaint feel. There was a balcony decorated with pots of daisies and tulips with a few white rounded tables. The interior of the cafe was mainly golden brown with carpeted floor and wooden walls. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee wafted in the air. A couple of paintings hung silently on the walls, giving the cafe a touch of artistry. A large calkboard hung on the wall behind the counter, vibrant colours used to present the menu and specials for the day. It was only 9.10pm so there were quite a number of customers in the cafe.The pair walked up to the counter to order their course.

"Welcome to The Brews, what can I get you?" the voice came from behind the cash register. 

Sehun stilled. This voice... so familiar yet so distant... The owner of that sweet and gentle voice peered over the cash register.  Sehun swept his eyes down the boy's face. Slightly pink cheeks on fair skin. His eyes, large and moist as if he were pleading. Those eyes... they belonged to the boy he cherished so much from 2 years ago. Sehun looked down at the name tag: Luhan.