3rd Oreo

Third Oreo

Who doesn’t know about that perfect couple? A couple of vocal goddesses. The news about them dating broke to public not long ago. People reacted variedly to the newly announced couple. Some were supportive, some other were bashing them, while the rest just shrugged their shoulder and didn’t care.

If you ask me which part I’m in, then I can’t tell you just yet now. Let me explain to you first.

The girl is my best friend. We shared the same room for almost 6 years before we live in our own place lately. We shared tears and laughs, passed through hardships together. We know each other’s goods and bads. She is a good person with bright and kind personality. Knowing that she finally found happiness brings joy to me also. She had been looking for Mr. Right since long ago. She loves him so much, everyone can tell that. She’s falling head over heels for him deeply. Her happiness is my happiness too.

Speaking of happiness, I want to have my own also. Specifically about my love life. To say that my heart was still unoccupied right now is a big big lie. Why? Because I know so well that my heart has been owned by someone already. That certain someone. I was in doubt at first, but then that sincere look in his eyes brought me courage to fight everything ahead of us, even it meant I have to hide this ‘thing’ between us from public and people who won’t understand. For him, I would do anything. He’s the one I love, the man that I’m more than willing to give up my life for. The same man my best friend is in love with.

Yes. I am the third oreo. I am someone behind the sleeve. I’m quite glad that public have no idea about me. Just by seeing their reaction on the newly announced couple, made me having a goosebumps, thinking on what would they do once they knew about my role in this story. To be honest, I don’t like seeing their intimate pictures that were already spread in the internet. My heart is on fire every time I see their little gesture. As a girl in love, of course I hate it to see the man I love being touched by another girl. You can conclude that I don’t like them being together from this point.

I know my role well in this story. I am the one behind the curtain who should not be exposed. Funny, realizing it’s somehow familiar with my role in the musical ‘Singin’ in the rain’ which he was the lead male.

As someone-behind-the-scene, I shouldn’t let people know, not even suspicious about us. It will be a great danger once someone smells something fishy. Luckily I’ve learned acting before so acting like I don’t care about all these news isn’t that hard for me. Mark it that I need to keep everything low so people won’t get suspicious.

If you ask me once again on which part I’m in, now you know the answer. I will conclude it for you. I am in the three of them. I am supporting my best friend, disliking the couple, while acting like I don't give a about it at the same time.

I know, I deserve to be slapped or even worse. I’m the that willingly trade my 7 years of friendship for a man I barely knew. But what can I do, my heart wants this. I feel so sick every time I try to resist this feeling. It hurts a lot. You will definitely do the same if you were in my shoes. 

“I’m deeply sorry. I love you, so much.” His words that night when we were making love inside a room in my own apartment. Instantly, all the hatred and fury I’d been feeling were gone, just flushed away. His sweet words drove me crazy. Just by knowing that he loved me as much as I loved him, made me fly to the 7th sky and didn’t even care that he was loving someone else at the same time. That night, every he made brought me even deeper into his euphoric of love. Every sounds we made collided together, like a symphony that mended our heart as one beat.

My cell phone rang, signaling an incoming call which I knew from whom. I set a special ringtone for her, my best friend. She must be in a need of someone to talk and encourage her among this chaotic. I would gladly talk to her and stop her from crying but then, I was too busy exploring every inch of perfection of this son of Adam.

We know very well, what we’re doing right now is a mistake and won’t last forever. We just can’t stop. We’re trying to cherish every seconds we have while it lasts by spending time with each other, showing our feelings through our bodies.

I’m sorry, I’m so sorry, Kim Taeyeon. I, Lee Soonkyu will never leave Byun Baekhyun though the whole world knows he is yours. The third oreo will forever exists without anybody knowing.