the beginning.

『 NØ FRØNTIERS 』est. July 2014 - 2015.
The beginning of No Frontiers
13th july / first events of the roleplay
30 music challenge
the 1st event of the roleplay
 
Since the opening of No Frontiers, Admin Siwon decided to challenge our members with a fun musical challenge in which all of our members voluntarily commented their favorite song in a particular genre. Genres varied from 'Your first K-Pop song', 'Best Summer Song", etc. This challenge was originally set to be for a month however, it was shortened to two weeks. No worries though, we did not cut our members shy of two weeks. To end the event, we had a surprise event celebrating all the furries of the world. Members had the opportunity to post their pets and ooc pets along with animals they wish they could adopt. What better way could you have bonded other than through animals?! They're adorable creatures that forever give us happiness in times of need.

On another hand, we also had several group outings as a roleplay such as our first picnic, Gayoon's ice cream meet-up, Ryeowook's Barbecue Party, a pool party (although I don't remember whose *frowns*), and Siwon's party. These group outings gave our members complete freedom to roleplay comfortably in any style and in any length. 1st or 3rd POV, para or action, it was all accepted as long as we could have fun and that was exactly what we did
 
killer september
the 2nd event of the roleplay
 
As the first month was starting to build up with exciting new faces, we decided to hype up the crowd with one of the most - if not, the only thriller event we had - gory and haunting event. During the first two weeks of September, the admins planned on creating our first real event with something that fit our concept (a variety show) like a glove. So, using all our creativity, we came up with the idea of creating teams. The members were divided into three teams each lead by a male captain. These teams were randomly generated by the admins to help each member socialize with new faces, bring bonds closer, and separate any formed friendships to separate the idea of cliques. (Cliques = frontiers. There's clearly no frontiers here.) Once the teams were formed, the event was ready to unveil itself, that is once the MC was announced. Since there were four admins, Siwon, Kyuhyun, Sehun, and Gayoon, it was decided that the MC role belonged to Gayoon to make the event much more exciting and a battle between three male captains, although a female captain would've been just as exciting now that I think about it.

Teams, check. MC, check. Event?

The killing game. Each team was to be the last team standing in order to be victorious. Each team were to create two 'kill words' for their rival teams (Team A had to create a word for Team B and Team C, and vice versa). All this was done in public (no private messaging was allowed except for the group chat, though that didn't matter since the members were struck with fear that someone would attack them). Once a kill was made, a point was given to a team and then it rose. Kill after kill, points after point and Gayoon reciting the tragic deaths of each member. (Sadly, Gayoon's account was disabled by Facebook and we were all caught up in the excitement of the event that we forgot to take screenshots. I'm merely typing this based on my memory.) And to make things better, we allowed our killed members a chance at revival by answering trivia questions. Each five killed members or as we liked to say 'ghost members', had the opportunity to answer a trivia question. The winner received a chance to join their team once again and the ghost, well what did they do may you ask? The ghost members were also allowed to help but they weren't physically involved in the cold blood battle. They could drop  subtle hints and clues but were not allowed to step beyond that. Ah, before I forget. The way to receive a point was through two ways. A kill, and a guess at the kill word. If an opponent were to guess the kill word directed at their team or another team correctly, they would also receive a point and a chance to eliminate a member from the opposing team. This was skillfully used by one of the silent members who weren't as physical with fights - which if you think about it was reliable for a team that wasn't as vocal or physical with fights. In the end, points were gathered and teams were constantly head to head with each other in points. Team Blanc (former team captain Kyuhyun, now Jessica) and Team Shikshin DikDik (if I remember correctly lmao; team captain Sehun who was MIA, lead by co-captain Luhan) were constantly battling head to head leaving Team Coffee (lead by team captain Siwon) in the shadows. Eventually, the game began to get a bit too serious for MC Gayoon to handle. Conflicts arose such as cheating rumors and infinite question were thrown at our poor cotton candy MC like daggers, she decided to close the event on a not-so peaceful ending. To this day, she felt guilty for doing such a thing before consulting the other teams decision, however, Gayoon was a pacificist, ironically.

The results?

Team Shikshin DikDik (I seriously don't remember their team name- Sehun's team) won in the end. Team Blanc was the runner up with one or maybe two points behind and Team Coffee fell in third. Even though it was such a fast paced game, each team decided to use their good sportsmanship and congratulated one another.

As for the admins, they felt relieved knowing the first event went successfully.
spooktastic october
the 3rd event of the roleplay
 
In the next event, the admins decided to lower the violence but keep the horror for the famous Halloween holiday. For this event, everyone had to set their DP to one that resembled a monster or anything that was beyond the norm (the admins decided against using costumes to save most members the difficulty of finding a costume worn by their faceclaim). In the end, there was a contest voting on which DP definitely gave them the chills. You can find out the winners in the next chapter. On top of the scary DP contest, we decided to bring our literacy side into the light since we weren't just variety but literacy as well. We had our members volunteer to submit a scary story oneshot or drabble. By default, Chanyeol won undoubtedly.
santa is coming to town
the  event of the roleplay
 
Because of everyone's busy schedule, it was difficult to plan a November event. So, the admins decided to wait a month until everyone had a winter vacation from school. This took all the admins by surprise when the activity shot from 8 to 24 each and every day (screenshots to be posted). During that time, the admins decided to play Secret Santa to help the members gift presents to one another to bring joy to each and every member. Ending the year with joyful memories, No Frontiers was already starting to feel more colorful day by day.