two

Needed(hiatus)

He hummed and flipped over a pancake. Baekhyun hummed and hummed tunes that were implanted in his mind while cooking. Chanyeol caught on his song and sang out loud.

"I can't live without you, I really can't live without you." Chanyeol chimed in and back-hugged the older. He loved Hong Jinyoungs 'Love Battery'. He also loved the way Baekhyun hummed to a song every morning. The older turned off the heat, moved the pan and placed the pancake on a plate. He made chocolate pancakes this morning as it was Chanyeols request. A delicious aroma released from his food and Chanyeol thought it made the dish even more tempting; he went to go sit by the table.

"I hope you enjoy it." Baekhyun said as he set down the plate and a cup of cool orange juice. There was even syrup by Chanyeols plate, however he told the other that he didn't like using syrup with chocolate chip pancakes.

"Okay, I won't forget next time."

Chanyeol noticed Baekhyun was acting out of the ordinary this morning. He was being way too nice and obedient.

"What's wrong?" He suddenly asked Baekhyun and was responded with a stiff-limbed boyfriend. After he got his senses back to normal, he started to explain things.

"Chanyeol, I'm sorry for yesterday. I shouldn't have stormed off like that when all you did was call me your.. b-boyfriend." He stuttered. "But you should know that I'm not used to this yet. No, I meant I'm not used to letting the public know about this yet. I'm sorry for being cowardly and dramatic." His head was down and his fists were clenching as he waited for a reply.

"It's not cowardly, it's understandable. We started dating just this year, and it's your first relationship with a male, so I can understand. I just wish to be your first and last relationship... I like you so much, Baekkie." He happily grinned. After Chanyeols adorable smile, he was grateful for talking about it. If he wasn't given advice by Kyungsoo to tell his lover what was on his mind, what would he have done? He doesn't like to think about the what-ifs in life, just because they're unnecessary if you really think about it. But sometimes he couldn't stop thinking about them. Just like the one question: what if he thought of Kyungsoo more than just a friend back then?




Kai ended the heated conversation and got off the phone. Kyungsoo watched as he got out of the room and went in the hallway to grab his briefcase for a document.

"Kai, I'm ready." Kyungsoo announced and presented himself with a white v-neck, denim capris and a cap. "It's hot out, so.."

"Sorry, Kyungsoo. We might have to reschedule it for a later day. I have to get th-"

"...Why are you making our date sound like business? 'Reschedule it for a later day'? Since when has-.., just forget it... I won't go out with you tomorrow, or the next day, or the next day." Kyungsoo spoke and Kai was stood silent. "So take all of our precious days together and use them for work. Because I don't want them either." He ran to the room and lay down on the bed facing the opposite of the door. After a moment, it was opened by Kai who slowly went beside his lover.

"Kyungsoo." Kai muttered softly whilst resting his hand on the others shoulder. It was shrugged off and he rolled his rejected hand together. He knew then that he committed a sin by hurting Kyungsoo's feelings. It was promised that they were supposed to go on a date today and he was to forget about work.

"Go to work." Kyungsoo spoke.

"Kyungsoo.."

"...I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said just now.. I already forgive you, so it's alright to go."

"Then.. can you show me your face? Your words need to match your face in order for me to believe you. So may I see it?" He asked and put his hand on the others shoulder once again. Kyungsoo hesitantly turned around and faced Kai with a small smile.

"Okay. Come with me to work. After I hand this in, we can go out. Hm?" Kai said and playfully shook Kyungsoo's arm.

"Okay, okay." Kyungsoo agreed and got up to his feet and they both headed out the door.


The two males walked inside the building that looked to have a thousand stories as thought by Kyungsoo. They got in an elevator and headed for the 3rd floor, where Kai's office was.

"Wait here." Kai told Kyungsoo and he nodded in acceptance. He walked off in a hurry and all the older did was sit in the lounge area staring everywhere. His big eyes scanned the space and he realized that this was the first time that he came to where Kai works. The floor he was at had people coming and going from left and right. He felt kind of awkward as he sat in his ordinary clothes and denims while everyone else was in suits. The work-attired people who passed by would stare at him and he could feel their gazes. He got up and walked toward the coffee area to get a cup but was pushed every second he took a few steps.

Kyungsoo could comprehend what Kai goes through everyday. Getting a damn cup of coffee was difficult in this building, the younger has probably worked very hard in everything he has done for the company. Working in a company like this is pretty difficult, he figured. Kyungsoo loved Kai's devotion; a new trait he came to knew and adore.

"Kyungsoo, why are you standing there?" Kai questioned him and he zoned in.

"I was going to get some coffee, but isn't it too hot for that?" He chuckled sheepishly.

"What's wrong with that? Have ice cream during winter and have coffee during summer, it depends on the taste. And the coffee here isn't that great. Should we go to a cafe?" Kyungsoo nodded and Kai took hold of the others delicate hand. They got in the elevator with not much struggle and in there, was a lot of talking. They looked at each other and smiled.

"Sorry. The company has been busy lately." Kai said to Kyungsoo. "But it's for the higher-ups and not me. So I can have precious days with you." Kyungsoo's cheeks were pink. 

In the parking lot, Kyungsoo went up to kiss his loveable boyfriend.

"I'm sorry I acted like that." He apologized again for this morning, he really felt bad. Kai's lips curled in a smile and he hugged the other in a tight embrace,

"I already forgave you." Kai assured and pecked his lips again.

"I just.." He paused and Kai interrupted.

"..Fine. From today onward, you have to tell me you love me every night. Even if we do end up having a little argument. Hm?" Kai submitted. Kyungsoo happily nodded and they kissed one more time before getting in the car to enjoy a delightful date.