Chapter 4

A Devil Beside You

"I'm sorry, but we did everything we could." The doctor came out of the surgery room and annouced the bad news to Yesun's close ones.

Hyunseung punched the white wall with tears rolling down his cheeks. *Damn! My one and only sister is now gone. Could this be karma from being a gangster?*

The Beast boys each gave Hyunseung a pat on the back as they tried to hold in their tears. Dongwoo sunk down to his knees and wiped away his tears. *This was my fault.*

"Hyung, I'm sorry." He apologized. "It was my fault. If I didn't want to buy that limited edition toy in the antique shop, Yesun would have not gotten into accident." Dongwoo started to bang his skull on the wall out of guilt.

"Yah! Stop! We all can't stop these accidents. Nothing better happen to you. You are my only family left now." Dongwoo and Hyunseung exchanged hugs.

--------

The nurses and doctors were ready to clean up the surgery room, when suddenly, your eyes fluttered open to see all kinds of equipment surrounding you.

*Where am I?* You sat up and looked around, startling a few nurses, screaming their way out of the room.

"She's alive! She's alive!" One of the nursed yelled.

The doctor and Yesun's close friends perked up in hope. "What did you say?"The doctor asked.

"The patient. Jang Yesun. She sat up." The nurse panted.

Everyone couldn't believe their ears. Yesun was actually alive, but how? Everyone barged in the surgery room to see you covered in your thin purple surgery outfit.

"What's going on?" Yesun asked confused.

The doctor came over and examined your heart beat first. "Everything seems fine and normal. Even your major injuries healed miraculously fast. This must be a miracle."

"I knew she couldn't die so fast!" Yoseob beamed.

"Maybe the heavens decided to spare her because of her kindness. " Dongwoon wiped away his tears.

*Thank you so much for bringing back my sister.* Hyunseung secretly prayed.

-----------

The doctor gave Yesun a full physical examination to make sure she was fine. He was still in shock at the miracle and so was everyone else, but not Yesun.

The whole time she kept thinking about her encounter with 'the Devil'. *What does he want from me?* She thought nervously.

Beast, and Dongwoo came in and embraced her into a bone crushing hug.

"Thank goodness you were okay!" Dongwoo screamed with tears rolling down from his cheeks out of happiness. "I would never be about to forgive myself if something happened."

"Don't you dare scare us like that again. You hear me?" Hyunseung lectured. "Even if you are to help someone make sure you are safe yourself."

"Yah! Save the lectures when she gets better. Let's just be happy she was alright." Doojoon scolded. Yesun gave each boy a hug and smiled.

When she looked around, she noticed a shadow just disappeared from the door. Immediately, she started to worry.

"Yesun-ah, what's wrong?" The observant Junhyung asked.

"N-Nothing. I'm just happy to be back." She lied.

"Okay! Now what should we eat to celebrate?" Dongwoon clapsed his hands together.

Yoseob smacked the maknae in the head. "Yah! Don't you realized Yesun has to be in a strict diet after the accident for her health?? How can we eat good food and let our little baby suffer??"

Dongwoon rubbed the back of his head. "Oh right. The how about when Yesun gets out of the hospital, we shall celebrate!!!" He beamed.

Yesun clapped her hands like a seal. "YAY! Party!" She giggled.

"Aigoo. So cute! Can't believe we're the same age too!" Dongwoon ruffled your hair.

"That's because you look old." Dongwoo suddenly blurted causing laughter in the room. The shadow appeared again, but this time he was listening from the outside at your conversation with your Oppas.

He smirked and walked away, leaving behind a mysterious aura. A few nurses walked by and saw the mysterious person.

"Yah! Why do I get a stranger feeling from that guy?"

The nurse looked behind her and spotted the mysterious boy walking in the opposite direction. "Who cares. He's cute!!!"

The other nurse shook her head. *Only think about boys. tsk.tsk. But why does that guy look familiar?? Have I seen him before??*

---------------

It has been a week since the accident and Yesun was finally out of the hospital. She was glad her life is back to normal and completely forgot about her encounter with the 'Devil'.

This time, to be safe, Hyunseung drove Yesun and Dongwoo to school.

When Yesun arrived at her lecture hall, all her classmates greeted her warmly with hugs and 'We miss yous'. Since Hyunseung banned her friends from visitng her that week at the hospital they were unable to give her their get well gifts so they showered her with gifts as soon as they saw her.

Yesun's best friend Eunhae, who is dating Dongwoo at the moment gave her a bone crushing hug. "Yah! I missed you so much! Do you know how worried I was??"

"Trust me she was really worried." Dongwoo butted in.

"Mianhe. I'll stay out of trouble next time." She smiled.

"You better."

"Hey Yesun-ah!" A deep voice called.

Immediately, she recognized who's voice that was. She froze in place and felt her heart palpitating at top speed.

She slowly turned around and saw Woohyun waving at her with a teddy bear in his hand holding a heart that said 'Get Well Soon'.

*I wish those words said 'I Love You' instead.* Yesun felt her heart flutter at how he acknowledges and cares for her.

"Hey! Woohyun! Wassup man!!" Dongwoo bounced in front of the space between Yesun and Woohyun.

Woohyun came to an abrupt stop and started to chat up with Dongwoo. Yesun suddenly felt forgotten. Eunhae noticed and grabbed Dongwoo by the ear. "You mister better explain to me why you did not answer my calls yesterday."

Dongwoo yelped in pain as she dragged him away. "B-But you didn't call me!!" Yesun heard Dongwoo yell, but Eunhae turned around and gave her best friend a wink.

Woohyun finally stepped up to Yesun. "I heard you got into an accident. I wanted to visit and give you this, but your brother....."

"I know." She replied with her eyes glued to the ground. The atmosphere suddenly became awkward as the two had nothing else to say.

"Ummmm....I have to go to the bathroom. See you arond." She bolted away as fast as a rocket.

"Wait-" Woohyun tried to call her, but she was too far to hear his voice. " You forgot the bear."

------------

Yesun ran into the bathroom as fast as she can and splashed her face with ice cold water. She stared at her reflection and touched her burning cheeks. "Jang Yesun! It always happens. You can never talk to Nam Woohyun like a normal person!! Get yourself together."

She sighed and wiped her face. She fixed her hair and was about to head out when she saw a familiar reflection from the mirror.

She immediately turned around to see a familiar person on a deep red lollipop.

"Y-Y-You......" She pointed at the guy.

 ---------------------

Sorry about the lack of updates. I was caught up with school.
Anyway, don't forget to leave comments!!