Chapter 3

A Devil Beside You

Yesun woke up in the morning and headed downstairs after her morning routine. She saw her brother and her Beast Oppas all scattered lifelessly in the living room. At first she panicked, unsure if they were dead or alive until she heard Yoseob let out a soft snore.

Dongwoo came down from his room with a yawn. "Oppa! You should seriously get ready for school now or you'll be late."

"Yeah yeah, whatever. School smool. I don't plan on being a doctor or anything." He felt someone wack him on the head.

"Listen to my little sis's lectures." Hyunseung yelled, but with a tired look on his face.

"Oppa! Then how come you don't listen to me?" Yesun pouted.

"Well, I'm different."

Yesun frowned and stuck her tongue out at her brother.

"So what do my two dongsaengs like to eat this this morning." Hyunseung asked.

"Oppa! We can do this ourselves. You go rest." Yesun pushed him out the kitchen. "No, even if I'm busy, I stillhave to make sure you two get a proper breakfast so you can get educated well." He frowned.

She smiled at her brother's words. "Okay then. I'll just get some cereal so you can go back to sleep."

"Well, I want some bacon and some eggs----" Yesun smacked Dongwoo's head. "Oppa need to sleep. You can eat cereal."

Dongwoo ducked his head. "Fine."

---------

Dongwoo and Yesun decided to walk to school together. On their way there, they passed by an antique store. Dongwoo came to an abrupt stop making Yesun crash into his muscular body.

She rubbed her head in pain. "Oww. Oppa, that hurt. Why did you stop?" She frowned until she saw Dongwoo staring at the window of the store like a kid who just found a very rare lollipop.

"Oppa?" She shook his arm.

"Y-Yesun-ah, I'll be right back. I have something to do." Dongwoo cautiously walked into the store.

*Weirdo.* She stood outside patiently to wait for Dongwoo when she saw a little kid wander away from his mother to cross the street.

She spotted a drunk driver driving a van at top speed. *Oh no! The kid is going to get hurt!* Her instinacts took over as she ran to save the little boy. She pushed him out of the way, but unfortunately, it was too late for her to get out in time.

Time slowed down when the boy fell on the ground and scraped his knee, crying.

The white van collided with Yesun, sending her at least ten feet into the air and crashing down on her skull. Her eyes slowly closed as she stared into the gloomy sky with blood splattered all over the ground of the street.

The mother ran to her child and immediately called an ambulance. Dongwoo who was in the middle of arguing with the owner to lessen the price of the limited edition toy gun, heard a screech.

He ran outside to see his cousin on the ground with blood all over, and the crying child and mother.

Dongwoo was about to rush over towards Yesun, but the driver of the white van panicked and zoomed pass Yesun's unconcious body, almost sending Dongwoo to the heavens. Thankfully, he was able to flinch back in time.

--------------

Yesun fought hard to open her eyes to see the sight of white and a worried Dongwoo. "Oppa." She forced her words out. She was going to tell him everything will be fine, but couldn't because of the pain.

She was rushed to the surgery room while Beast, and Dongwoo waited outside nervously for the news.

No one was able to sit still so they paced back and forth. They were afraid to talk or speak because of Hyunseung's temper that comes with his nervousness.

Yesun fluttered her eyes open to see she was in an entirely white room. *Where am I?*

"Dongwoo Oppa! Beast Oppa? Hyunseung Oppa?" She kept shouting their names one by one, but there was no answer.

"Your time is up. Come with me." She heard a deep voice call.

"W-Who are you? W-What do you want?" She started to panic.

"People call me the Devil. I'm here to take your soul away."

"S-Soul? I'm dead?! NO! I WON'T GO WITH YOU!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!" She started to sob.

"Too bad. Your time is up." The voice started to get irritated.

"Why me? I'm still so young. I never did anything to hurt anyone. There are so many bad people in this world that steal and kill, but why me??" She started to cry harder.

The dark shadow revealed himself to her. He placed his cold hands on her warm shoulder sending shivers down her spine, but that didn't stop her from venting.

"I still didn't graduate and get my degree yet. I still have to convince my Oppas back to the right path especially Hyunseung Oppa. I didn't get to go on the date with Woohyun Oppa. I still have to make him fall in love with me. Please. Please let me go." She begged.

"Too bad. We all want things, but it's not always we get them." He coldly stated.

"But I'm not a bad person." She started to tug onto his leg.

He was starting to grow annoyed. "How about about we make a deal."

"D-Deal?" She started to stand up with her wobbly legs. "W-What's the deal?"

"Is it a yes or no?"

She thought about it. *Well it couldn't hurt. If she says no she dies, if she says yes there is still a chance.*

She nodded her head.

The 'devil' smirked and vanished into thin air.

*He didn't tell me what as the deal.*

---------------------

Don't forget to Comment and Subscribe <333
Nice comments motivates me to write more and update faster <33
By nice comments I don't mean ones that just say 'Update Soon'.
They make me slack more than motivate.