Because I Love You

Love You To Death

AN: I'm devastated but life must go on.

Wendy of Red Velvet's Because I Love You

---

She stares at the sleeping figure; somehow she wishes to wipe away the frown donning on that pretty face. It feels like forever when the figure finally stirs, yawning into her palms, eyes drooping.

“You’re awake.” She says silently.

“I am and I know that.” Her eyes bore into the others’.

“Are you hungry?” Concerns lace her tone.

 The newly-awaken girl just look at her with a tired face and a smile like she’s forcing it. “I’m not a glutton anymore, Taeyeon.” She stated, brushing her messy hair back into place.

Taeyeon huffs a breath through her nose, sounding between both worry and upset. “You’ve been skipping meals too much, I don’t want you to get sick.”

And she smiles at the worrying remark. “You care about me too much, Taeyeon. I don’t want to sound ungrateful, but I suggest you to slowly stop doing that.”

Taeyeon’s eyes widen before she raises a brow. “What do you mean? Am I such a nuisance?” She controls her voice, what is this girl trying to imply to her.

“You never are, Taeyeon. I’m so thankful that God sent you to me, that He sent the other seven to me.” She stops, gaze leaves Taeyeon’s figure.

“But?” She flinches, Taeyeon sure know how to read her.

“Nothing lasts forever, Kim Taeyeon.” She answers with a low voice.

“Jung Sooyeon, what are you trying to say?” Taeyeon scoots closer to her, she could feel the warmth emits from the latter’s petite body.

She takes a while before tiredly laughing. “I’m just saying, I must be too tired.” Jessica flashes her signature smile, in hopes that Taeyeon would drop the topic.

But Taeyeon is being her natural self, stubborn and persistent. “You’re not that type of person that would do an empty talk, Sica.” Her expression is serious and she definitely holding back her emotions.

They fall into silence, Taeyeon turn her back to Jessica; burying her face into her pair of small palms. She’s about to consider leaving the room when skinny arms snake themselves up her body, which totally catch her off guard.

“Taeyeon,” The owner of that name feels her back slowly getting wet. That’s when she realizes that the other girl is crying.

“Je- Jessica-” Thinking that she makes Jessica cry with her way of talking, Taeyeon tries to turn her back but Jessica unbelievably stronger than her.

She could feel Jessica shaking her head, probably asking them to stay like this for a little longer. “Shush for now.” Jessica catches her breathe, struggling to calm herself. “Let me talk, Taeyeon.” Taeyeon just nods weakly. “I’m happy to be with you guys in all these years, you guys are more than just colleagues to me. Family, that’s how I would define So Nyuh Shi Dae until the day I die.”

Jessica sniffles, her grasp on Taeyeon tightens. “I have said it before that I would love for us to have a beautiful way down. I meant it and I still do, I want you to acknowledge that, I want the rest of the girls to acknowledge that.” Taeyeon slides her hand in between Jessica’s left fingers, intertwining them with hers; somehow she got the instinct where is this going to. The brim of her eyes slowly getting warm.

“But you know that life is cruel. There comes time when you’re going to find yourself traps in between crossed paths, you know about that right?” Taeyeon nods obediently. “Taeyeon, mine has come sooner than I thought.” Jessica then breaks down into tears once again, Taeyeon’s shirt is already drenched by now but she couldn’t care less about that cheap fabric.

The older girl couldn’t take it anymore, so she spins her body around before meeting with a messy Jessica, her Jessica. “You’re not going anywhere, right?” Her mind flashbacks to times when Jessica had say that she wanted to quit this, quit being a part of So Nyuh Shi Dae. The infamous Ice Princess then would say ‘I’m just kidding’ the next morning after the sun rises. But she never thought that it would really happen, at least not this sudden. “It’s not what I’m thinking right now, right?” She grips on Jessica’s arms, feeling like Jessica would fade away if she didn’t. “Answer me, Jung Sooyeon.”

Her eyes speak, but no words come out of Jessica’s mouth.  Instead, her pair of lips crashes onto Taeyeon’s; catches the other girl off guard. Taeyeon is in a daze but her body reacts to it involuntarily. Jessica pulls away, letting their foreheads to stay in contact. “Remember when you rejected my confession years ago?” Jessica says with tears streaming down her face, nodding is like a habit for Taeyeon by then. “We’ve come to terms that we can only stay as friends. I’m happy even if that’s not what I really wanted. At least I can keep you with me, Kim Taeyeon.”

“But you got that Kwon already, Sica.” Taeyeon says bitterly.

“Yuri?”

“Tyler Kwon, you .” Jessica tries to laugh which she fails miserably.

“I told you many times already that he’s just a business partner.” Taeyeon don’t even bother to reply. “Taeyeon, look at me.” She grabs Taeyeon’s face so that their eyes meet. “I’m afraid that something is going to happen soon.”

Taeyeon knows what’s coming, she just wants to hear it from Jessica herself. “Jessica, we’re forever nine. Okay?” Tears leaving Jessica’s eyes uncontrollably. “Promise me, you’ll take care of yourself.” Taeyeon proceeds to pull Jessica into her arms, she snuggles into the latter’s crook of neck. “Know that whatever I do after this - it is because I love you, Jung Sooyeon. For that I’m not going to force you to do anything out of your wills. I’m sure it is the same for the rest of the girls.”

Jessica tightens her embrace. “Thank you, Kim Taeyeon. And I’m sorry.”

 

AN: I should stop here before I end up putting all of my number one otp gifs.
I just hope that SNSD would stay successful in the future.
Whatever people says, I still believe in Soshibond and OT9.

And to my ultimate bias, Jessica Jung Sooyeon /cries/, no matter what you do,
I want you to know that I will always be with you, supporting you no matter what.

Goodbye.