Prologue

Forgotten

“That was awesomeeeeeeee Youngieeeeeee!” Ah Rae drawled, obviously drunk from the party earlier. She grinned at me, before her expression turned to one of confusion and then she frowned. She looked disturbed for a few moments and she just stood there staring off into the distance. Right when I was about to snap at her for drifting off, her facial features contorted.

 

 

Then she turned around and puked right onto the ground.

 

 

I scrunched up my face and moved away from her. “That’s nasty, Rae, get a grip girl!” I complained at her, nudging her slightly. I had obviously drunk lesser than her and was still in the right state of mind. Right state of mind to at least function properly.

 

 

I checked your watch.  2am. And to think I have work later at 8. I couldn’t afford to be late, my boss absolutely hated me and I didn’t  want to give her another reason to fire you. I worked at a supermarket as a cashier, along with Ah Rae. It wasn’t a fancy job, but considering my situation, it’ll have to do.

 

 

I groaned inwardly, before gazing at Ah Rae, who was squatting on the ground like a duck, pouting and having this sick expression on her face. “Youngie, it doesn’t feel good.” She complained, resting her palms on her cheeks.

 

 

Sighing, I pulled her to a standing position. “Come on, you need to get home and get ready for work tomorrow.” I told her and pulled her towards the road, where I wanted to flag a cab for her so she could get home safely.

 

 

“But Na Youngggggggg, I don’t wannaaaaaa, I wanna stay here with youuuuu…” She whined like a little kid and stomped her feet childishly, before bursting into a fit of giggles. Anyone who saw her doing that would probably think she was some mentally deranged person who belonged in a mental hospital.

 

 

I sighed again and dragged her by her elbow to the road. Sticking my hand out, I tried to call for a taxi so that I could send this drunk girl (also my best friend) home. Finally, after a few minutes of cursing at taxis that just drove past, one finally stopped and I pushed her inside. Paying the cab some money, I told Ah Rae’s address to the driver and watched as the cab sped off into the night.

 

 

I stared into the distance for a while, before placing my hands in the pockets of my shorts and started walking home.

 

 

I should probably introduce myself now.

 

 

I’m Park Na Young.

 

 

20 years old.

 

 

I work at a local supermarket as a cashier and due to several incidents that were a hundred percent accidental, my boss hates my guts and probably looks for every single mistake I make from now on as an excuse to fire me.

 

 

Tonight, my boyfriend, Lee Chanhee, bailed on me for the third time in a week. We had agreed to go on a movie date, but he suddenly said he had ‘work to do’ and couldn’t make it. Bull. Of course, I was upset, so I called up my best friend Kim Ah Rae to go out and party with me tonight. Well, you know the rest of the story. She’s been my best friend since high school and we’re practically inseparable.

 

 

My father left my family when I was five and I have a younger sister, Park Na Ri, who’s freaking annoying but cute and lovable at the same time. She’s probably the only family member that I can trust because my mother hates me for wasting my life away. Not that I could be bothered.

 

 

Did I mention that I’m also broke? Yeah, I’m broke. The pay from my cashier job is barely enough for me and naturally, my mother doesn’t give a single about me, so screw her.

 

 

I’m not fat, but I’m certainly not skinny either. I’m…average sized, I guess? I have tried going on diets before but they all didn’t really work out. Please, food is one of the great joys of life, why throw it away to be able to have less body mass? And exercising? Don’t even talk about it. I hate jogging, it makes my s bounce up and down and I can’t breathe properly. Don’t even mention other forms of exercise. I loathe them.

 

 

Truthfully, my life .

 

 

I continued walking and I just have to cross one more road before I reach my building. It’s a busy road, plenty of cars and whatnot. I’ve crossed it millions of times, so I don’t really pay attention as I walk.

 

 

That is, until I feel a light shining at me on my right. Annoyed, I turn, only to realize there’s a freaking car driving right at me.

 

 

Holy .

 

 

And that’s the last thing I see before everything turns black. At least, I think it’s black.

 

 

Goodbye world. 

 

 

Author's Note

Prologue is up, not much action except an intro on the life before Ah Young's accident. Hope y'all liked it, suscribe and comment on your thoughts if you can! ;)