Reason 5: Insecurities

The Hundredth Reason

As the day goes on, I completely forget what had happened earlier that morning and by the time it’s night, I acted like nothing was wrong. When Alissa came home, I honestly think she didn’t even know anything was wrong so that was a plus. But then again, sometimes she’s a really good actress.

Alissa was in the kitchen making dinner, Daniel was on the couch playing with his phone, and I was in my room studying for another test. I couldn’t focus with everyone else in the room so I had to have some space to myself. I’m just that type of person that’s really insecure around people, ones I know and ones I don’t. It’s like, the overpower me just by being around me or even just looking at me. And if it was a person I was together with, it would be worse. He would probably intimidate me because he’d be a better person or even better looking. So it makes me feel uncomfortable to be around people most of the time. Of course, that’s just an excuse sometimes to be alone and escape from other people and their problems. Like right now when Daniel and Alissa are technically fighting. I honestly don’t understand those two. One minute, they can be the type of couple that is so in love with each other but in an instant, they can be the couple that argues about the smallest things ever. Never again do I want a relationship like that.

Soon, Alissa calls me out for dinner but I really didn’t want to have to be the one caught in the middle of their “fight” today. I had just gotten over a messy situation this morning, I did not need another at the end of the night.

“You guys go ahead. I’d rather study.” I was about to get out of my seat but then I’m pushed down into my seat by both Daniel and Alissa.

Alissa was pointing her chopsticks at me, “Yah, you are going to sit your down in this chair ok?”

Daniel nods, “There is no way either me or Alis are carrying you to a hospital if you faint from not eating. So do us a favor and actually eat.”

“Wow, you two are actually agreeing on something for the first time in the past 4 hours.” I say sarcastically as I sit properly in the chair.

They both glare at me, “I’m not on speaking terms with him.” Alissa slumps in her chair.

Daniel crosses his arms, “And I’m not on speaking terms with her.”

I roll my eyes, “Oh my gosh, Hwang Yoon Ji! Oh Kwangseon! Cut out the stupid fighting and get over it. You two are grown up now, you’re not in 5th grade. Act like adults please.” I added an emphasis on the please.

“Hey! We act like adults.” Alissa says a bit too loud, “Most of the time.”

Daniel nods, “Alis is right. We do act like adults! And don’t use our Korean names like our mothers would. If I knew you were going to use it like that against me, I would have never told it to you all those years ago.”

“Ok first of all, you saying you act like an adult is you not acting like an adult. Second of all, I use your name all the time like that, this time is no different and you always say the same exact thing every time. Shouldn’t you be used to it by now?”

“I didn’t expect to have two mothers ok?”

“Well if you two shut up and start making up with each other, you wouldn’t have two mothers right now.”

“Daniel and I aren’t fighting! We made up already.” Alissa takes both her hand and Daniel’s from under the table and bring it up to a visible area for me to see. “See? We made up while you were yelling at us.” She smiles towards him.

“See? This is what I like to see, you two acting like the normal loving couple you are. So can I go now?” I was about to get up when both of their arms pushed me down back in my seat...again.

“Hey, you are not here at this table to be a mediator. You are here at this table to eat dinner with us. So eat!” Alissa shoves the pair of chopsticks into my hand and slides over a bowl of rice.

Daniel takes his chopsticks and eats what’s in front of him when he says something that catches my attention, “So I asked him to come over later and he said yes.”

Alissa nods her head, “Ok good. Hey Krissie, we’re having someone come over later. You don’t mind right?”

I raise an eyebrow, “Who exactly is ‘coming over later’?”

They both smile at each other, “Just someone we want you to get to know better. That’s all.”

“You guys are onto something. What’s going on?”

Alissa shakes her head, “Nothing. Nothing at all. Just eat your food and go study. It’s got nothing to do with you.” She shoves a piece of chicken in .

“But you just said-” As soon as I open my mouth a piece of chicken is shoved into my mouth and I begin to choke.

Daniel takes a spoonful of rice and chews while saying, “Shush, just eat and then go study.” His rice comes flying out of his mouth directly at me.

I let out a huge yelp, “Ew! If you’re going to spat, spat on the floor not at me you disgusting pig! Ewwwww!” I begin to whine as I try to clean myself off. When I look up, both of them are laughing and don’t even try to help me clean it off. “You two are a bunch of meanies. You don’t even help clean up the mess you make?!”

Alissa stops laughing and comes over to the rescue with a bunch of tissues as she tries to clean me up. As she does, the doorbell rings. “Hey Daniel, can you go get that?”

He whines, “Why can’t you get it? I’m tired.”

I glare at him, “Because you spit rice all over me and she’s cleaning it up. So you’re the only one that can actually go to the door. And you invited someone over so shouldn’t you be the one to let them in?”

He lets out an exasperated sigh as he gets up and opens the door. “Hey. Come on in.”

I could hear another male voice as they walked closer and when I looked up, I saw a stranger. Alissa stops for a moment too, “Oh hi Mark!” She runs over to him, forgetting about the tissues that she threw on the ground, and embraces him in a tight hug.

“Hi Alissa.” He awkwardly stands there with his hands at his sides as she is still hugging him. He seemed to have felt really awkward at the contact because after about 30 seconds he cleared signaling Alis to get off of him.

“Sorry. Oh yeah, you’ve never met my roommate before have you?” She nods in my direction and he shakes his head. I try to get a better look at him as he does. He had shaggy medium brown hair and wore a polo and blue jeans. He seemed to be that shy type. Well, I guess we all are on the inside right?

“This is Krissie. She’s my best friend.” Alissa smiles as she walks over to me.

“Hi.” He gives me a small smile.

“Hi.” I say.

“Krissie this is Mark Tuan. He’s one of Daniel’s close friends. So be nice to him.”  

I nod. But little did I know that I would be more than nice to him later in the future.


Hi! New post today! How do you like it so far? Mark is finally here!! Yay!! Any Tunas out there? No? Ok...*backs away quietly* 

Anyways, have you heard the news today? Looks like a large entertainment company is having more problems again...not going to mention any names *cough cough* SM *cough cough* I swear, it's always the people I like out of the group -_- but I swear if anything happens to SHINee Imma go get some crazy fangirls and we gonna beat the ish outta some of these guys >.< ahhhhh nope probably never happening :P 

Well enjoy the story! 

Upvote, Comment, Subscribe!

~M