Changes of His Heart

Changes of His Heart

Chapter 33

 

Yunho threw his head back & leaned it on the chair. Here he is, in his office. Damn, the headache was coming! This morning, he had waited out in the living room for Yuri but it seems like she didn’t want to come out or had she known that he was waiting for her? Whichever one it was, he has waiting for one whole hour & was late for work. It didn’t matter to him but he really wanted to see her face.

 

Yesterday night, before he went to bed with the stress, Yunho had took a peek into Yuri’s room & watch her sleep. Well, he wouldn’t actually call it a peek; it was more like a burglary. He had touched her cheeks & had attempted to kiss it but thought better of it. He had done enough. He saw her robe which was tightly hugging her body under the blanket. She was afraid of him. She didn’t even change into a new nightgown.

 

What was in his hand was the unfinished quilt. He had found it where she had left it on the sofa. The unborn baby was his & it will be forever. Those awful words he had said about their unborn baby were madness. He has already killed them & hope he could do the same for those in Yuri’s mind. She will not take care of their unborn baby without him. She will step over his grave before that happens.

 

“Mr. Jung, are you in there? Hello.” Yoona called, though the intercom.

 

Yunho quickly dropped his thoughts & turned his attention back to the present.


“Yes, Yoona?” Yunho said, & slap his own cheek. The image of Yuri slapping his cheek came to his mind. Six. Last night was the sixth slap he had received from her. Five of them from anger & one of them from happiness. He liked the playful slap better.

 

“I deserve more than six slap, Yuri.” He whispered.

 

“Pardon me, Mr. Jung.” Yoona said, with confusion.

 

Again, Yunho slap himself back to reality, “Sorry, Yoona. What did you say?”

 

He could hear her sighing. He knows he was giving Yoona a hard time, “I said, Mrs. Jung is here.”

 

What? Yuri? Here? Yoona must be going crazy. Maybe she needs another eye check. Yuri will never come to see him after what had happened last night.

 

“Yuri? Are you sure it’s Yuri, Yoona?” Yunho asked, holding his breath while he wanted to grin like a silly boy.

 

He heard her sigh again, “You know what, Mr. Jung? Maybe I should really retired. No, it’s your mother.” She said, trying to keep in her laugh. She looked up & saw Mrs. Jung’s eyebrows narrowing. She couldn’t hold it in anymore & burst out laughing.

 

Yunho hit his head back on his chair, ‘Desperate me.’ He thought.


“Okay, Yoona. You can stop laughing now & sent my mom in & next time, please use my mom’s name.”

 

“You got it, Mr. Jung.”

 

Yunho stood up & went to greet his mom with a hug. He pulled out of her grasps & looked into a tired face. God, he had never notice that his own mother had that many wrinkles. Mrs. Jung’s hair has turn quite gray & neatly put up into a bun. Surely, he was ashamed of himself. He hasn’t spent his time with his parents at all. He felt like a complete stranger, standing in front of his mom. His love for his parents was great & still, he had spent most of his time working only. Break. He needs a break to spend his time with his parents & Yuri. If possible.

 

Before he said anything else, he bent his head down & kissed his mom on the cheeks. She smiled.

 

“Hello, mommy. You look awfully tired.” He said.


“I’m alright.” She said, with a sad smile.

 

“Come. Let’s sit down first & then we will talk.”

 

Yunho held his mom by the shoulder & walked her to the sofa over on the left side of his office. He sat her down & walked to where the drinks were located at the wall.

 

“Want some sweet tea, mom?”


“Sure, Yunho. That will be nice.”

 

With two cups of sweet tea in his hands, he walked back to his mom. He handed one to her & sat down on the sofa, next to her.


“What’s wrong, mom?” He asked. His mom can’t hide anything from him. He can tell by her face that there was something terribly wrong, “Mommy, answer me.”

 

Mrs. Jung took a drink of the sweet tea before answering, “Yunho, have Jess.” She pause. The woman’s name was too hard for her to say.


“What mommy?”


“Jess…”

 

The door flew open as Jessica walked in. God, why did she have to interrupt them when his mom was going to asked him something? She was the last thing both of them wanted to see.

 

Yunho stood up but Mrs. Jung remained in her seat. Her face went from scared to hateful pale.

 

“What are you doing here, Jessica?” Yunho asked, trying to keep his voice down from yelling. His mom was right beside him.

 

“Hello, Oppa.” She said, smiling. When she saw Mrs. Jung standing up & stood beside Yunho, her smile widened, “Ah. I can’t forget you, Mrs. Jung. How are you doing?”

 

Mrs. Jung gave her a thin smile for a greeting. Jessica’s smile eventually widened. She averted her attention back to Yunho.


“Really Oppa. That wasn’t the greeting I aspect. You could at least give me a sweet smile.”

 

How could he give her a sweet smile when he doesn’t even want to see the woman’s face? Really, he would rather smile stupidly at a statue!


“You haven’t answer me yet. What are you doing here? & how in god’s name did you get past Yoona without her noticing?”

 

“I work here Oppa, & as for Yoona, it’s easy getting past her without her noticing.”

 

Yunho cursed under his breath, “I will talk to you later, Jessica. Right now, I’m busy.”


“If you don’t mind Oppa.” Jessica cast a glance at Mrs. Jung, “Can I hear what the conversation is about? I’m sure it concerns me.”

 

Mrs. Jung stiffened under Jessica’s gaze. If she didn’t have any confident before, she’s not sure if she has it now. Mrs. Jung knows that Jessica was here to make matters more difficult when it already was. Just the look on her face tells Mrs. Jung that she was here to tell Yunho about the unborn child, if she really has one. The young woman was already sickening her. If both of them were here to tell Yunho about the same matter, it was time to get it over with.

 

“Actually Jessica, this is a private conversation & I wouldn’t be surprises if it’s about you.” Yunho said, with a steady glance towards Jessica.

 

Jessica crossed her arms in front of her chest, “Then get ready Oppa. I have no doubt you will be surprises.” She averted her attention to Mrs. Jung, “Mrs. Jung? Care to carry on with the conversation?”

 

The young woman was trying to win her. Not only her but Yuri, too. Mrs. Jung knows that the moment she tells Yunho, rumors will start. Her only daughter-in-law’s heart will be shatter. Yuri’s unborn baby will learn of the tragedy that his father was a traitor & broke more than one of his vows. God knows, more terrible things could happen.

 

Mrs. Jung tried to open & the moment she did, she close it back up. This was too hard. Too terrible. She rather died than let out the words to her son.

 

Jessica smiled, ‘So, the mother can’t even tell her own son that his ex-girlfriend is pregnant with his baby?’ Jessica thought, ‘What a shame.’

 

“Yunho, dear. I’m having your child.” Jessica said devilishly, not giving Mrs. Jung another chance to say it. Without even a shock face from Yunho, he said, “Like damn! I haven’t even slept with you for exactly about eight months ago.” Even if his own mom was there to hear him swear like that, he couldn’t help it. If she was here to destroy his life, he will turned it around & destroy hers.

 

Jessica jumped back & glared deadly at Yunho, “How dare you Oppa? It’s your baby you are talking about.” He rubbed his temple, “Please Jessica. How could you expect me to believe that? I mean, I’m not at all surprises to hear that you are pregnant. There are a lot of guys out there that could have made you pregnant. I’m not that kind of guy that believes a woman is pregnant with my baby without proof.”

 

Not delaying any second, Jessica looked through her george gina & lucy little strappy purse & took out the piece of paper she had once shown Mrs. Jung. She handed it to him & with a snatch, he took it.

 

Yunho skimmed the paper. After skimming it, he handed it back to her. His face was burning with rage & fire, “Now, do you believe me?” Jessica asked.

 

He gave her a chilly glare, “How did you get that?”


“My doctor gave it to me.”


“Like damn!” He said. He turned his head around when a gentle hand patted his shoulder. He gave her a little smile. In his mom’s eyes, he could see the sadness & hatred. Somehow, he knew that this was what she came to talk about, “That’s not even your blood type.”


“What?!” Jessica exclaimed in disbelief.


“Your blood type is B & on that paper it says type AB. I dated you long enough to know about your blood type.” He clenched his jaw, “I told you more than once to stay away from Yuri but you won’t give up & keep trying to destroy our lives. Not even that but you were stalking her, too. Damn it, Jessica! You even stole Yuri’s pregnancy test & confess it to be yours.”

 

Jessica took a step back, “I...I...I didn’t...”


“Say that rubbish to the court.” Yunho interrupted, harshly.

 

He took a stride forward & grabbed Jessica by the arm roughly.


“Ouch, Oppa, I’m…”


“Let her go, Yunho.” His mom spoke out, “She did do wrong but let her go this time.”

 

He dropped her arm & walk over to his Mrs. Jung.


“Here, mom. I will take you home. You look very tired.”

 

Mrs. Jung shook her head, “My ride is downstairs & besides, you have work to do so I will go by myself. Bye, sweetie.” She gave Yunho a kiss on the cheek & let him walk her to the door. When they were in the hall, Yunho stopped her.


“How is daddy doing, mom?”


“He is doing fine.” She replied.

 

He looked down at his mom & regretted that he hadn’t spent his time with his parents.


“Tell you what, mom. I will come over for dinner & play a game of chess with you & dad. How’s that?”

 

“That would be great. I will have Yohan cook your favorites.”


“& make that a lot because I will be skipping lunch.” He said, & grinned from ear to ear.

 

“Don’t you skip lunch. Have at least an apple.”


“You got it, mom. Bye.” He bent down & gave Mrs. Jung a light kiss on the cheek.

 

“Bye.”

 

After his mom disappear from his sight, Yunho’s face harden, remembering the woman in his office. He charged back into the room & slam the door shut. Jessica jumped a bit & hugged herself.

 

“You told my mom before you told me!” He shouted, unable to control his anger, “You made my mom stressed out over this damn lied & you are going to pay!”


“I’m sorry Oppa. I...I was stupid. Really I…”


“You expect me to believe you after all those lies?”

 

A tear fell from her eyes & she quickly brushed it away. Yunho’s heart lightened & he calmed himself down. He couldn’t even resist her tears.


“I’m sorry for yelling.”

 

She shook her head, “I will be leaving.”


“Leaving?”

 

“For my modeling career. I found a position yesterday & my new boss gladly accepted me.”

 

He nodded, “When will you be leaving?”


“Today.”

 

They were silent for a few seconds. He wasn’t completely sure if she will be leaving him & Yuri alone. She sure can act.


“Goodbye then.” She said.


“Goodbye.”

 

Jessica slowly walked to the door & opened it. Walking out, she closed the door behind her. Yunho massaged his temple again. Thank god that was over. Maybe Jessica was really leaving his family alone. That would be nice to hear but he felt sorry for her. She had loved him but he couldn’t love her back. Something large was blocking the way. He could sense it.

 

Yuri sat down on the sofa with a long, exhausted sigh. She was tired after the long look for the unfinished quilt. She couldn’t even find the fabric along with it. Yuri knew she put it on one of the sofa somewhere but it was nowhere to be found. She had asked if Taeyeon had seen it but the maid had seen nothing of a quilt. This was an unlucky day for her.

 

Yuri looked at the clock & sigh. It was already four o’clock & Yunho was going to come home any second. She didn’t want to see him. She couldn’t face him after what happened last light. It was too humiliating. She knows he was trying to control his anger but couldn’t. She didn’t blame him at all. It was, of course, partly her fault. She didn’t know why but it’s true. Her love for the man would never die. She will love to see his face tonight but was afraid to approach him.


‘Yuri, you will have to face him someday & it would be easier if you just talk to him tonight. You are not a coward, are you?’ She asked herself, while lifting the cushion next to her for the hundredth time, ‘No you are not. So, you are going to look at his face &...& just talk to him. Talk about anything. Anything is fine.’

 

Yuri got up & dusted the fake dusts on her dark grey draped cargo pants. She got herself a good twist & walked freely up to her room. The reminder of last night when he came into her room crossed her mind. She had heard him opening the door. Goosebumps had roses from her skin. She had heard him walking quietly like a mouse to her bedside. She had tightened her robe around her. She had felt his hard hand on her soft cheek. Her spine gave her a spark & butterfly feelings inside of her.

 

She had her eyes close tightly, wishing that he didn’t know she wasn’t asleep yet. The room was so quiet. She could hardly hear him breathe. It was like both of them were holding their breath. When she heard his footsteps walking away & after he had closed her bedroom door, she let out her breath.

 

Yuri touched her right cheek. She could still feel his warm, hard hand brushing her cheek. She wanted to be with him. She wanted him close to her. She wanted his love. It was the only thing that she wanted from him, “Yuri.” Said a voice at the door.

 

She turned around & met Taeyeon, smiling “Yes?”


“Mrs. Jang is here. She’s waiting downstairs.”

 

Before Taeyeon could finish her last words, Yuri had already ran past her & down the stairs. She ran down the stairs & almost trip but luckily, she held onto the banister. Catching her breath, Yuri walked steadying to the living room & saw Sunny’s back facing her.


“Sunny!” Yuri called out excitedly, with a huge smile.

 

Sunny turned around & pasted a huge smile onto her beautiful rectangular-shaped face. Yuri ran into her arms & hugged her tightly. Happy tears were running down her cheeks. Man, she missed her best friend.

 

“Oh Sun, I miss you so, so much. Tell me, how have you been?” Yuri asked, while looking into Sunny’s face.

 

“I missed you too, Yul. I’m doing great. How about you?” Sunny tilted her head to the side.


“I’m good! You looked cheerful!” Yuri exclaimed, & laugh. The laugh she hadn’t laughed for days.

 

“I am, just to see you.”

 

“Guess what.” Yuri said, wanting to tell her best friend the good news.

 

“What?”


“I’m having a baby.”

 

“No way!” She exclaimed, & jumped onto Yuri.


“Yes way & three months pregnant.”


“I’m so happy for you. I bet Yunho Oppa’s a happy going to be daddy.”


“He...He is. He really is.”


“I’m so jealous of you. Keunsuk Oppa wanted a baby too, but we are just not there yet.” Sunny said, making a sad face.

 

“I’m sure you are going to get that baby soon. How is Keunsuk Oppa doing?”


“Oh well, you know. The same old same Jang Keunsuk.”


“Tell him I said hey.”


“Alrighty.”

 

They drifted into a deep conversation, making Yuri forget about Yunho. Sunny was surely happy with Keunsuk. Both of them seemed to be the funniest couple. An hour later, Sunny left, promising to hit off a baby shower for Yuri.

 

Yuri glanced up at the clock for the hundredth time after Sunny left. Seven o’clock & Yunho still wasn’t home yet. Dinner had been serve just a minute ago but she didn’t have an appetite. Yuri sighed. He wasn’t home & she felt bored. Her quilt was nowhere to be found either. She closed her eyes & decided to rest for a while. It was better than nothing.

 

“Hello, Yuri.” Said a husky, dark voice.

 

Yuri jumped up & stood rooted to the floor. Her heart froze when she saw Yunho with another woman other than her. Jessica. Yuri bit her bottom pale pink lips. His mistress. Jessica was flirting with Yunho & rubbing her hand all over Yunho’s chest. This scene was heart breaking & full of jealousy. He was laughing at her with his devilish laugh. A tear came rolling down Yuri’s cheek. She didn’t even brushed it away.


“Op…”

 

“Hey. Did you have a nice sleep? I hope you did because Jessica is going to share the bed with me tonight. You don’t mind, do you?” Yunho asked, & Jessica cheeks.


“Why...Why are you doing this?” Yuri asked.

 

“Are you seriously asking that question?” Jessica spoke up.

 

“I...I…”


“You want me?” Yunho asked, & lifted an eyebrow.


“How dare you Oppa? I gave you my heart. I...I love you.”

 

“I don’t really care.” Yunho said.

 

Tears came running down her cheeks. Yuri brushed them away with a anger & step up so she was only a foot away from him.

 

“What about our unborn baby?”


“What unborn baby?”

 

Yuri slapped him across the face.


“Sweetie, are you alright?” Jessica turned to Yuri, “How dare you? How dare you hit my Yunnie Oppa? I will teach you & that brat of a baby a lesson!”

 

Jessica took a step up & slapped Yuri across the face.

 

Yuri jerked up. Her breathing was hard & unsteady. Sweat ran down her face. She quickly looked around the room. No Yunho. No Jessica. It was all just a dream. She placed a trembling hand to her chest to calm her hard breathing. Running a hand from her forehead to her cheeks, Yuri wiped the sweat away.

 

Yuri looked up. Someone was opening the front door. She took in a deep breath & held it in. It was Yunho, she knows, but would anyone be with him? Any Jessica? Any other mistresses? There will be no answer until she really sees it in front of her.

 

Yuri stood up & waited. She let out her breath when she only saw Yunho. No one was with him. He stopped walking when he saw her. Yuri walked up to him & smiled an uneasy smile. He looked normal. Nothing different expect that he looked tired.


“You are home.” She said, with her head down.

 

He took a long time to answer, “Yeah.”


“Are...Are you hungry? I can cook for you.” She said, & fidgeted with her black seamless camisole shirt.

 

“No. I had eaten already.” He said plainly.


“Oh.” She said, & blushed under his gazes.

 

They stood there silently. She looked up at him & forced on a smile. He looked so terrible. Unaware of what she was doing, Yuri brought her hand up & touched his cheek. She flinched when she felt the hotness of his tanned skin. With her other hand, she felt his other cheek. God, he was burning up.

 

“Op...Oppa. You are burning up. Are you sick?” She asked, & frown.

 

He quickly took a stepped back & moved her hands away gently, “I’m alright.”

 

“No, you are not. You are burning up really bad. Here.” She step up & was determine to hold his hand, “You are going to sleep.”


“No, really Yuri. I’m not sick at all. I’m just tired & need a little rest.” Yunho said, letting her hold his hand. His vision was getting blurry.

 

She looked up at him & her eyes started to shine, “Why are you lying to me, Oppa? Don’t you want me to take care of you?”


“Yul. No, it’s not that…” He started, but was interrupted by her.

 

“Then let me take care of you.” She pleaded.

 

He stared into her eyes. This woman was capable of taking care of him & he trusted her with his whole heart. She cared for him.

 

“Please?” She whispered.


He closed his eyes & nodded. His headache was getting worst & his wife was the only one that could take care of him right now. He needed her.