Changes of His Heart

Changes of His Heart

Chapter 24

 

Yuri sat down on her bed & lean against the pillow. She pulled the blanket up to her waist & waited. Just waiting for Yunho to barge in .

 

A tear fell down her cheeks. She had been trying not to cry but she failed. She failed at everything she tried to do. She had mostly fail at hating him. She had given her heart to the man that she hates. She had given her heart to the man that she used to hate. She had given her heart to the man that she love. She had given her heart to the man that hates her. She loves him.

 

“He was pretending, Yuri. He lied to you. Another lie.” Yuri said quietly, as she cried.

 

All the while they were being sweet lovers, Yunho was pretending, ‘Was he really pretending?’ Yuri asked herself, ‘Of course, he was. All those sweet talks were all lies.’ She saw them kissing with her own eyes. If anyone would have seen it, they will really think as Yuri was thinking that they were still lovers. No one could have mistaken it but how Yuri wanted it to be true. She wanted all those days they spent together to be real & not pretend. She had no idea when she had fallen for him but she knew that she loves him more than anyone else in the world.

 

It isn’t fair for one to love & the other not to love. That’s not love at all but somehow, Yuri felt already love by Yunho. She doesn’t know why but she has this feeling inside of her. A feeling that the one she thought hates her loves her.

 

Before she could think any further about her planned, Yuri heard her doorknob turn.

 

“Yunho Oppa.” Yuri murmured, underneath her breath. She looked at the digital clock & nodded. It is Yunho. It was half-past nine & he was supposed to be home at five o’clock, “Coward.” She murmured, underneath her breath again.

 

“Yuri! Open the door! I know you are in there! Open up!” Yunho shouted in an angry voice. He knew he wasn’t supposed to be angry but something inside of him was making him mad.

 

She got up & walked to the end of her bed. Instead of walking to the door to open it, she walked to the double window door that led out to the big balcony slowly.

 

Yunho banged on the door again, “Yuri, if you don’t open up I swear I will break the door open myself.” He grew silent. He was waiting for Yuri to open the door but when a few seconds past & no Yuri came out, Yunho shouted, “Fine! If that’s the way you want to act so be it! I will break the door open myself & just you wait until you see me!” Yunho went silent again. Then there was a bang on the door. Then a curses. Then a bang again, & the door flew open. At the same time, Yuri got to the double doors & opening it, she walk out into the balcony.

 

Yunho stood at the doorway, looking around the room angrily when he saw a figure walking out on the huge balcony. It was Yuri. He had no idea what she was going to do but he knows it was a bad one. Yunho ran out to the balcony to stop whatever she was doing but he was too late. She was already on the edge of the balcony, standing on top of one of the benches. She turned around on the bench & saw Yunho running towards her just five feet away.

 

Yuri pointed a finger at him & yelled out, “Stop Oppa, if you don’t want me to jump over this damn balcony!” Yunho stopped running immediately & looked at Yuri. She was wearing her white oscar de la renta evening bliss night gown & was barefoot. The spring breeze blew her hair away from her face, making it paler but he smiled. Down below the balcony was the soft bumpy grass & pool. If she hit the grass it wouldn’t be but a few sprain bones. That he could help her with & maybe with the doctor’s help & if she jumped a little further into the pool, she wouldn’t drown because he would save her. He cares about her & hated when she gets sick but this Yuri was going too far.

 

He knew she was having a difficult decision if to jump down or not to jump down. If she jumped & get hurt, her family & friends would get mad at him. It was clear that whenever Yuri gets sick, it was his fault. He knows that she doesn’t want him to get hurt, especially by her father so all in all, he knows she isn’t going to jump.

 

Yuri looked down to see that it was pretty far down. There was no way she was going to jump. She came out here because she wanted Yunho to stay away from her while they argue. She knows that Yunho will attempt to touch her but if she fake that she will jump down, Yunho will stop from getting near her.

 

Yuri smiled & turned back around quickly, afraid that Yunho would attempt to stop her before she could make her moved but what she found made her smile disappear. He was smiling at her, ‘What is he smiling about? There’s nothing funny about this.’ She thought, ‘He knows. He knows about my planned. Oh, god.’

 

Yunho took a small step forward but Yuri stopped him before he could take another step.


“What’s the matter, Yuri?” He asked, & smirked. He took another small step forward but Yuri stopped him again.

 

“Stop Oppa. Don’t come any closer to me. If you do, I...I swear I will get a divorce.” She said, & shivered. That wasn’t in her plan at all. She hadn’t even thought of getting a divorce with Yunho. She hates divorces & she definitely had no idea where that word came from. It just happened to pop out of .

 

Yunho glared at her & clenched his fist by his side. She’s got to be joking about this divorce thing. He hissed through gritted teeth, “You have gone far enough, Yuri! That was just a kiss!”


“A kiss that could have gone further.” She said, forcing her voice to be cool.


“Is that jealousy I hear?”

 

“No Oppa. It’s a divorce you are hearing.” Yuri said roughly. God help her. She hated saying that word to her husband. She loves him. She wanted to say it out loud to him but yet, she didn’t. He will surely laugh at her but her heart aches as Yunho’s face saddened but then harden immediately.


“Come down from there, Yuri.”


“No.”


“Please? We will talk about this.”


“I have had enough of your lies Oppa. We are not going anywhere. I’m going to stay up here & you down there. We will get this straightened out right here, right now.” It wasn’t a choice from Yuri but a demand.

 

She didn’t give him a chance to argue back but continue, “It’s either a divorce or we can live our normal life. The normal life where we use to not talk to each other & when we hate each other so much. Whichever one you chose will be our decision but I choose the divorce.” Yuri choke out. Tears threatened to come down from her eyes but she held them back. She loves him but she wants a loyal & loving husband & Yunho is none of those. He is the opposite. She doesn’t want her heart to be crush again, like this afternoon. Even though she promises only to marry once, she wanted the divorce to make his life happier. It doesn’t seem that they will ever get along.

 

She waited for his answer. He had his head down, looking at his calvin klein wallace black leather shoes.

 

‘Oh god, please, please let him say no? Let him say that he will choose the normal life that we use to live? As long as I see his face, I’m happy. I love him so much.’ Yuri prayed, to the sky above her.

 

Yunho looked up & straight into Yuri’s eyes. She stood still on the bench, looking into his eyes.

 

“I will call my lawyer & get the divorce paper as soon as I can.” Yunho spoke out gruffly.

 

Yuri choke out & her threatening tears fell down her cheeks. She held onto the rail with a pale face. Her lips quivering.

 

“I guess those are happy tears?” He asked Yuri selfishly. His hands were still ball up in a fists by his side.

 

She nodded. How she loves the man who hurts her so much.

 

“Good. Things around here will change.” He said to her. Then he whispered silently, “For the worst.” Turning on his heels sharply, Yunho walked into her room & walk out. She could hear the door slamming shut.

 

Yuri stood there in awe. She did the wrong thing. He was right. She had gone too far. They could have worked it out but she was too stubborn.

 

How could she have made such a stupid decision?! She hated herself. No wonder Yunho hates her too, & how could Yunho have made such a horrible decision, too?


Yuri walk into her bedroom, after getting off of the balcony rail. She made it to the bed just in time before she broke down crying.