(Kind of) Prologue

Dear, Mr. Y
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been ten minutes already, but Jaejoong still found himself stood so stiff in front of the library. He then tiptoed hesitantly- hands were holding the door tightly, as he was wondering whether there was an actual person inside or not. Jaejoong knew that he had to get inside nevertheless, but he was still too scared to step in. In his mind, library- especially his university’s was one of the most haunted place in the school. The place’s air was just too eerie, sorrowful, and scary; too quiet for his liking. He silently cursed over Yoochun for not accompanying him there- because of the stupid composition. It was just a lame excuse, Jaejoong knew. The other was just too lazy to step into the library.

Jaejoong also regretted that a lot for taking the theory class. He should have followed his best friend and took more practical ones instead, as he has never been good in theories. Yet knowing that in the end he had no actual choices, Jaejoong took a deep breath and dared himself to take a step forward into the library. He took a rushed glance towards his surroundings; wanted to find someone- anyone as soon as possible. But when a deep voice of someone was heard a bit too sudden, Jaejoong quickly jumped in surprise instead.

“Anything I can help you with?” the voice asked not too far behind him.

Jaejoong instinctively turned around as quick as he could; too quick to even notice that there was a chair so close with his right leg. Thus, as soon the motion was made, Jaejoong easily tripped over the chair. As the happening was unexpected even for Jaejoong’s clumsiness, he didn’t really have a time to hold onto something- or reacted better. So, Jaejoong just let himself fell forward with a loud thud.

There was an awkward silence after that. Jaejoong’s arms and legs were hurt, indeed. But Jaejoong’s pride was hurt even more than that. He has never shown this side of him too often in front of other people- since usually Yoochun was there in time enough to catch him up. If there was a hole around, Jaejoong would immediately jump into it and hide for as long as he needed; though that could mean forever as well.

“… Are you okay?” asked the voice once again; seemed finally grasped his mind back after the shock.

Jaejoong cursed silently; knew that he would better respond that soon before the other thought that he needed to go to the hospital or something. He then tried to calm himself down, counting one-two as he took a deep breath and released it several times. When he thought he was finally ready to face whoever it was Jaejoong was finally raising his head up. “I’m ok-” He was about to give an answer to the latter; really. But his leg wasn’t cooperating well with him, as it was tripping over the same chair instead. And when Jaejoong thought he couldn’t be more embarrassed than before- he didn’t even know that he could be that stupid to trip over the same thing twice in like, less than thirty seconds.

“Hey-”

The other voice sounded more worried now- well, who wouldn’t after witnessing such; and Jaejoong then immediately stood up in lightning speed, as if there was nothing happened just now. Back in his head, Jaejoong thought it was better for him to show that it was not embarrassing at all for him. “I’m fine!” he said with one awkward grin. “Really, I’m completely- fully alright.”

That was when his eyes finally met with the other person for the first time, which happened to stand behind the counter. And Jaejoong suddenly lost his ability to talk; or to think, he wasn’t sure. It was a stunning sight he had there. The one, who has been talking to him for the whole times, was the most perfect figure he has ever seen. His eyes were so round; and even behind the glasses, Jaejoong could already see how bright and shiny those were. And his lips- God, Jaejoong wondered how smooth the latter’s lips was to be touched, or kissed. Jaejoong’s eyes unconsciously travelled down- towards the other’s body this time. It was so lean, but Jaejoong wondered if it could fit his arms perfectly. And-

“Are you sure that you’re fine?” asked the other person- and suddenly it sounded so melodious.

“Huh?” Jaejoong responded with a pout; didn’t like it when he was cut like that though a part of him also wondered what the other could probably mean with that. After all, he was busy thinking of the- of… the person who stared at him. Jaejoong suddenly blinked, finally getting his sanity back. And he wanted to smack himself for drooling right in front of the said person. Thankfully, the other- the very much taller one didn’t seem to notice the stupid look on his face.

“Oh. Yes, sorry. I- I was just-” Jaejoong stuttered as his eyes wandered around for a second, trying to find something he could say to the other. “I… want to find a book?”

The other person obviously didn’t buy nor expecting it either. He was raising his eyebrows for awhile, before finally shrugged it off instead; maybe thinking that it wasn’t really his place to ask. The person then put the book on his hand down, focusing more on Jaejoong’s existence in front of him. “That’s, I believe, the reason people come here now and then,” said him smoothly.

Jaejoong decided to step forward with one bashful grin, this time while scanning his surroundings so that he wouldn’t get tripped over stupid things anymore. “True,” replied him, leaning on the counter when he has reached it already. Jaejoong took a glance on the nametag at the other’s chest, reading the name carved there effortless. Shim Changmin. “So, I suppose you can help me with that? I’m not really used with-” Jaejoong stopped and stretched his arms as wide. “-all of these; library, I mean.”

“Sure, that’s what I’m here for,” answered the taller, Shim Changmin, with another shrug. The words sounded too formal and uncaring for Jaejoong, making him wanted to trip over something again just to listen at the other’s worried voice again. “What book are you looking for? Do you know the title?”

Jaejoong folded his arms on the counter, thinking on what he ought to say; since honestly, he didn’t remember at all on what the book he was looking for again. “Something goes along with… noise?” he answered hesitantly. “And twentieth century…?”

The handsome man typed something on his computer, and Jaejoong actually had a hard time to not staring at the eyelashes of the person in front of him. He swore that even the taller’s eyelashes could be that attractive already for him. Jaejoong waited and waited, and he had to bite his lips hard upon the sight in front of him- as he was watching how Shim Changmin’s fingers danced on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter