Drunken Love

Drunken Love

Heechul scowled and looked at his mom, Sungmin who was walking to and fro whilst constantly looking at the door and then at the clock.  This pattern continued repeating before Heechul snapped.  “Why don't you just call Dad and ask where he is?” He questioned the elder.  Sungmin looked at his son and sighed.  “Let's put you to sleep and then I shall call Kyu and” he was interrupted when his phone rang and Min hurriedly picked it up. 
 
“Kyu, where the hell are you?  Do you realise what time it is right now?” Sungmin started rambling.  He frowned when he heard a chuckle at the other end.
 
Kyuhyun laughed and answered his spouse.  “Min, calm down babe.  Remember I told you that I would be meeting Changmin today.  Apparently he has planned a night out with the boys and is asking me along.”  Sungmin quietly listened to his husband's explanation.  He hummed in reply and ended the call with a pout on his face.  Sungmin looked at his son and gave a small smile.  "Your dad would be coming late so let's go to sleep."
 
Kyuhyun growled when his attempt to fit the key into the hole failed again. He scowled and tried again.  Thankfully, he succeeded.  He stumbled in and leaned against the shoe cupboard, dropping the vase on it in the process.  He took out his shoes and socks and tripped over his shoes as he moved to the hall.  He cursed at his shoes, picked himself up and went to the kitchen.  He wobbled over to the sink and in the midst of taking a glass, he knocked over Sungmin’s favourite set of plates.  “Oops” Kyuhyun said as he giggled.  He brought the glass to take a sip but instead, emptied out the contents of his stomach onto the kitchen floor.  Kyuhyun grimaced as the stench filled the kitchen.  Hurriedly, he stammered out of the kitchen and as he turned into the hall, he tripped over the rug and fell face flat onto the floor.  Kyuhyun cursed out loud before falling asleep on the floor.
 
Sungmin sighed and came out from the shadows. He had awaken due to the sound of Kyuhyun trying to open the door and since then, he had quietly hid and watched the antics of his husband, whilst his heart cringed and cried when the vase and his plates fell and broke into pieces.  Sungmin walked over to his husband and crouched down beside the drunkard.  “You are an .  Do you know that?” He asked before pulling the sleeping Kyuhyun up and dragging him to their room.  Throwing his husband towards the bed, he watched in satisfaction as Kyuhyun’s face contorted in pain from his knees hitting the bed post.  Sungmin was of half mind to leave his husband like so that when the other woke up the next morning, along with headache, he would be greeted with body ache as well.  However, the angel inside him prevented him from being cruel to the other.   Sungmin walked over and pushed Kyuhyun to lie properly on the bed before helping him with his clothes.  Kyuhyun murmured when he felt hands on him, before allowing darkness to engulf him.
 
Kyuhyun awoke the next day with a throbbing headache.  He sat up and took in his surroundings before scowling as memories of the previous night crawled back to him.  He remembered breaking the vase, the plates and vomiting on the kitchen floor.  He looked around and the absence of his spouse in the room only made him pray that the other would not pick a fight with him.  “Min must be fuming mad right now.”  Kyuhyun stated as he walked out of the bedroom.  He looked out for his husband but did not find him anywhere.  He walked into the kitchen where he was greeted with a note on the fridge.
 
Out to shop for groceries.  I have cooked all your favs for breakfast and left a surprise for you.  Be back soon.  Love you. 
 
Kyuhyun looked at the dining table and was welcomed with a spread of all his favourite food and a present that sat on his seat.  Confused, Kyuhyun walked over and opened the present and stared at the latest game console. 
 
Heechul came out of his room to see his father standing at the dining table like a statue.  “Morning Dad” He greeted Kyuhyun.  “Good to see you alive and walking and not leeching on the floor.”  Kyuhyun looked at his son and blinked in surprise.  “I was awake when you came over yesterday and saw you doing all your antics from my room.”  
Kyuhyun looked away in shame but turned back to his son and asked the other.  “Do you know what happened yesterday?  Why is your mother acting so nicely to me?”  Heechul laughed and nodded.
 
“After you broke and vomited, you passed out on the floor.  Mom came and picked you up and brought you to your room.  He was angry but as he started to take out your clothes, you pushed him away and mumbled – ‘Go away man.  I am already taken and happily married to my angel.’  Mom beamed at your words and since morning, he has not stopped smiling.”  Kyuhyun blushed as he heard about his actions, as understanding seeped in.
 
Just as Heechul finished, the door opened and Sungmin stepped in.  He looked up and keeping his groceries on the floor, he rushed over and enveloped Kyuhyun in a tight hug.  “I love you, Kyu”, Sungmin said as he showered kisses on Kyuhyun’s face.  
 
Kyuhyun could only smile at his adorable bunny [whilst being thankful that his drunken-self prevented him from getting into a fight with his hubby].