One

The Skies Cries

“Why do you hate the rain?” Nam Woohyun asks me, his index finger sliding along the rim of the white ceramic mug almost filled to the brim with coffee. I follow his movements for who knows how long, and then suddenly he clicks his fingers, snapping me out of my mini exclusive trance.

Welcome to Faith’s World.

“Huh?” I question dumbly and avert my gaze to the world beyond this room.  Outside, the sky sheds its tears. The water drops fall relentlessly onto the earth, drenching everything in the process. I hate rain, I really do. I sigh and sink back into the comfort of the faded yellow plush chair and allow myself to wallow in its warmth.

“Why do you hate the rain so much?” He reiterates, his tone has a questioning lilt to it. Woohyun takes a small sip of what I presume to be very bitter coffee. Nam Woohyun never adds any sugar to his coffee. It matches his demeanour too, being bitter and all.

“Well…” I begin, trailing off at the end.  I eye him conspicuously as I let myself indulge in the perfectness that is Woohyun, not that I’d ever admit that to his face though.

“Well what?” He starts off. “Oh… We have all the time in the world, it’s fine.” He flashes me one of his rare smiles. I savour it because he only gives those smiles to people special to him. I feel special when I’m with him.

“I wish we did have all the time in the world though,” I joke with a small chuckle that’s barely audible though. But I think he hears it because his smile widens just a fraction of a centimetre. But that’s enough to give me assurance.

I sit up in my seat a little bit, pulling down my white gown as I an eyebrow. “So, where do I begin?