2/2

Road trip

It was finally the day of the beach picnic. All of them had woken up an hour early than they usually did to prepare their lunch, well it was more like junhyung and hyunseung preparing the food while the youngest trio helped by putting the food and other needed stuff away. And of course doojoon helped, by sleeping on the sofa while the rest did everything else.

They were all finally seated in their van, it was around seven a.m and they were half way to the dance studio. The van was filled with comfortable silence until kikwang felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, he checked his phone seeing it was a text from doojoon; “start now!” Catching on quickly kikwang nudged dongwoon for him to initiate the plan.

 

“Hyung! Can we please stop by the corner shop to buy snacks?”

“Eh? But we’re already half way to the studio. I’ll buy them later on.”

“bu-but hyuungg pleeeaaaassseeee!” dongwoon whined in his sweetest voice along with the saddest puppy look he could muster up.

Joonkun cringed at the maknae’s aegyo attempt, “fine but you’re buying everyone dinner tonight”

After giving in to the request, joonkun parked by the nearest shop and mumbled to doojoon to lock the doors as he left. Making sure that their manager was inside the store, doojoon immediately hopped into the driver seat.

“Shotgun!” yoseob and kikwang simultaneously yelled out loud.

The both of them ended up clashing together fighting over the seat, elbows jabbing each other, hands pushing the others faces while keeping their argument going. Junhyung joined in the yelling as one of them happened to kick him on the shin, in the midst of this hyunseung was blatantly watching outside the window while dongwoon was trying his best to keep the two apart.

In the end yoseob was successfully seated in the passenger seat. Doojoon sighed annoyingly “sometimes I feel like I’m babysitting a bunch of bratty kids.” Ignoring the angry remarks from yoseob, kikwang and junhyung he finally drove the van on to the main road.

This was definitely going to be a long day. Doojoon just prays that it’ll be worth the blame he’ll get later on.

 

 

It was now 45 mins into their journey.

 

The music from the radio played throughout the car. Yoseob was leaning on his arm on the window sill as he watched the scenery pass by, doojoon was fully concentrated on driving the van through the highway, kikwang and dongwoon were casually talking each other occasionally showing funny pictures to the other giggling every once in a while and in the back seat junhyung was seated with his hands glued to his phone whilst hyunseung was lazily leaning on his shoulder.

 

“Have you guys realised how weird snakes are?”

 

“Huh? How are they weird?” dongwoon questioned, looking at hyunseung to find him fumbling with the ends of his sleeves.

“I mean like aren’t they basically just like tails?”

Kikwang, dongwoon and yoseob shared a confused look before they looked back at hyunseung expecting him to elaborate more.

“Well snakes are just made of a head and tail; they don’t have a neck, arms or legs. So they’re just like one huge tail but with a head at the other end.”

 

No one knew how to respond to hyunseungs theory, but the more they thought about snakes the weirder it got.

“Imagine if snakes had legs, do you think that they would have tons of them like a centipede or maybe just two legs.”

Yoseob shivered at the picture of a snake having lots of tiny legs, for some reason it made him feel itchy. He could see doojoon cringing from his side. Turning to look at the youngest two; kikwang’s face was contorted in disgust whilst dongwoon was pale as snow white.

“Seung, I think you should just sleep”

“But I’m no-“

Junhyung hushed hyunseung and pulled him closer to himself. “Just sleep, okay?” he desperately pleaded. Thankfully hyunseung stopped talking and just leaned against junhyung, doojoon mentally thanked junhyung for stopping hyunseung before he made them all question about their entire existence and beyond. It was honestly too early for that.

 

Dongwoon however was unfortunately scarred by the image of a snake with a lot of tiny legs.

 

 

Two hours and a half into the journey and they weren’t even half way to the beach yet.

The maknae was officially bored he didn’t want to waste his phone battery so he switched it off, how long does it even take to get to the beach anyway. It was still quite early in the morning so there weren’t many cars occupying the roads.

“Are we there yet?”

“Son dongwoon I will not hesitate to throw you out of this moving van if you ask that question again and for the fifth time no.

 

The maknae slouched down in his seat it wasn’t his fault that he was bored as hell. He grumpily watched out of the window for a while until he felt something drop on his lap; it was a red Nintendo DS. He picked it up and opened the DS to find out that It was already on, displayed on the screen was a variety of Mario characters along with their karts.

“I nearly forgot that I brought our DS along with Mario kart”

Dongwoon looked up to see kikwang smiling back at him with his black DS lite in his hand.

“What! That’s not fair I want to play too!” yoseob whined seeing the both of them already racing against the other, screeching tires and warios laughter could be heard coming from their game.

“You can play after I annihilate kikwang hyung.”

Kikwang let out a gasp before yelling out loud, “don’t you dare use that blue shell!”

Watch me

Kikwang’s character toad was violently hit by the blue shell making him swerve off the track crashing along to the other characters as they zoomed passed by, yoshi mockingly swerved passed toad not without bumping into him after taking his place. Kikwang let out a devastated cry as he was so close to being first in the last lap. In the end yoshi was first place while toad ended up being sixth place, kikwang let out another exaggerated cry before handing his DS over to yoseob.

“Avenge me seobie, defeat the almighty son nam shin and you shall be rewarded greatly”

Dongwoon ripped out a menacing laugh at his victory before staring at yoseob dead in the eye.

“You don’t even stand a chance.”

“kiwi I’ll make sure dongwoon will get what he deserves.”

Now with yoseob playing he chose the option of being luigi, kikwang was leaning on yoseob’s seat watching him play. His eyes widened at their next track that they would be racing; it was the infamous rainbow road. Once the race started kikwang was practically throttling Yoseob’s seat while yoseob and dongwoon were yelling unnecessarily at every little thing that was happening in their game.

 

“Can you morons shut up.” Junhyung barked.

He looked down to his lap making sure that hyunseung was still fast asleep; how he could sleep through this chaos he’ll never know. He watched as hyunseung snuggled more into his stomach shuffling closer towards him, junhyung let out a sigh as he played with the strands of hyunseung’s soft hair. Junhyung just hoped that he could get through this day without a raging headache.

Doojoon rolled his eyes as he turned up the radio a bit also not forgetting to lock the doors and window.

“Quick yoseob shove his off the road!” screamed kikwang into the others ear. It was the last lap and at the moment both players were neck to neck with the finishing line coming up from a distance. It was a close call but even without the blue shell dongwoon won in the end, the maknae jumped up for a joy in his seat for winning the second time. Kikwang and yoseob were gravely upset by their loss, while they were sulking, the maknae who was cheering victoriously ended up choking.

 

“What’s that smell?!”

 

The once crying duo was now aware of the god awful smell and instantly the both of them covered their noses voicing out their disgust.

“Who the hell farted?!”

“It wasn’t me”

“Well if I were to fart I would’ve warned you lot”

“I think this rancid smell is gonna make me cry”

“Oh my god”

“Someone open the window quick”

With one hand covering his nose and mouth junhyung desperately tried to open his window only to find out it was locked and then it hit him. He saw doojoon completely unaffected by the poisonous toxic in the air and he was positive he saw the other struggling to keep his laughter in.

“Doojoon you asswipe it was you!” shouted junhyung.

The suspect ripped out a loud laugh while the other four were hurling death threats of disgust and something about hygiene at the eldest who wasn’t listening at all to their petty complaints. After getting all his laughter out of his system he brushed off an imaginary tear before speaking up.

“Alright alright relax, besides we’re here already.”

The van came into a stop at a parking lot nearby, everyone looked out their windows to found out that they really had arrived at the beach. The vast beach was waiting for them outside, there was a gift shop nearby the beach along with a food stand that was found near the entrance and the best part was that there was barely anyone at the beach. Without hesitating the maknae line dashed out of the van making a bee line to the beach leaving the hyung line behind.

With hyunseung finally awake him and the other two gathered all their bearings and took their time to the beach. The sun gracefully welcomed them all; the clouds were ripping away from the sun as the sound of the waves echoed. Junhyung, hyunseung and doojoon set up their blankets and umbrellas along with other beach necessities to get themselves comfortable.

 

Kikwang had his arms behind his head as he breathed in that beautiful air of the beach. Just seeing the view in front of him made him felt like he had been cleansed mentally and spiritually, he could get used to this. Shuffling was heard beside him, peaking over to his side he swore he almost chocked dongwoon was stripping down his clothes like nothing was wrong.

“W-why are you stripping?!”

Peeling his shirt off he nonchalantly smiled at kikwang, “so I can go swimming of course, remember we planned ahead to wear our swimming trunks underneath our clothes kwangie?”

‘Kwangie’ was flustered from head to toe, how can dongwoon speak so innocently yet he had a body and face of a model. Guess he wasn’t called son nam shin for nothing.

“Ah, of course” he nervously tried to laugh off his tinted cheeks.

“Hurry up hyung!”

The maknae sprinted towards the sea leaving kikwang behind. Without a second thought kikwang quickly stripped down to his swimming trunks and ran after dongwoon joining him.

“Wait for me!” exclaimed yoseob.

He tried to successfully tried slip out of his clothes while heading towards the awaiting sea, right as he was just in his swimming trunks doojoon called out to him. He abruptly came to a stop to look behind him; doojoon was seen from afar waving at him with both arms. Yoseob looked back to the sea finding kikwang and dongwoon happily splashing about in the sea another yell from doojoon cut through his concentration, groaning loudly yoseob hurried his way to doojoon. The sooner he got to doojoon the faster he could be in the water.

 

“Ah you made it here quick, now do me a favour and put sunscreen on my back.”

Yoseob was appalled. Doojoon was lying on his stomach, his arms folded underneath his chin. This is what he came all the way here for without complaining any further he took the bottle out from the bag beside him and began to massage the lotion onto doojoon’s toned back.

“I think I’ll be asking you to massage my back every night now seobie~”

“s-shut up.” Yoseob fumed feeling the heat rise up to the tip of his ears.

In the process of massaging doojoon’s back hyunseung interrupted them both.

 

“Why are you using the mayonnaise bottle?”

 

Yoseob paused, looking at the bottle in his hand he realised that hyunseung was right. He felt himself breaking into sweat, how could he have gotten the mayonnaise bottle he was sure he took it from the bag. Looking at the bag he found out that it wasn’t the bag he was hoping for but the picnic basket.

“I’d suggest you start running” added junhyung flipping the next page of his magazine.

Yoseob took the advice and scuttled as far away as he could from a furious doojoon who was now standing up yelling vulgar word’s at yoseobs retreating back. When yoseobs dived into the sea another splash came from erupted behind him, it was none other than doojoon. In the end dooseob and kiwoon resulted in splattering each other with the water like five year olds in a bathtub full of bubbles.

“Don’t you want to go for a swim too junnie?” hyunseung asked watching the four in the sea having the most fun they had in ages.

“Nah I’d prefer to stay here instead of getting wet”

Hyunseung sat up properly on his plaid blanket, “then do you want to help me build a sandcastle?”

Setting down his magazine he took out a pair of pails and spades beside the bag. “Of course seungie.” Handing over hyunseung his pail and spade, the two of them moved closer to build their sand castle in between their blankets they were sitting on.

 

Within the next hour dooseob and kiwoon had came back completely drenched hyunseung handed them all towels; after they had dried themselves up junhyung declared that they should start eating now. Their picnic was full of jokes and laughter the ordinary banter that you’d expect from beast, after devouring their food they all just sat down together and talked about everything and anything with each other. When the sun began to sink down leaving trails pink and orange the rest took this as a signal that they should be heading home soon, after junhyung made everyone check twice that they had everything with them they all sat back in their respected seats in the van and awaited their long road trip home.

Doojoon stopped the car at a red light, he curiously decided to check his phone he wasn’t surprised at his phone had been flooded with angry messages & voicemail from joonkun. He could already feel his headache starting, looking up at the rear view mirror he could see junhyung and hyunseung curled up together like cats in the backseat with a teal blanket pooled over them, kikwang and dongwoon were dead asleep with an earphone connected from each of their ears he could hear the faint music play from dongwoon’s phone. Last but not least yoseob was coiled up in the passenger seat beside him, head leaning against the window as soft snores escaped his mouth.

Doojoon reached behind him to grab a spare towel behind his seat and wrapped yoseob in it. The ends of his lips curled up at seeing yoseob relaxed and dreaming away he quickly took the chance to capture the moment in his phone, the lights were now green as doojoon put his phone away to return back to driving them all home safely.

 

 

Skipping practice for once wasn’t so bad after all.

 

 


i'm doneeeee sdfghjkdsdfghf  ♪(๑ᴖ◡ᴖ๑)♪ 

thank you for waiting so patiently & I hope you enjoyed reading this!

now I can move onto my other prompts which may or may not be hyunseung centric heheuhueheu (ᵒ̴̶̷̤́◞౪◟ ᵒ̴̶̷̤̀ )

btw don't forget to bother me on ask.fm & tumblr 

 

until we meet agaaaaaain~ 

 

x