1/2

Road trip

Everyone had arrived at the dorm exhausted right down to their bones, dragging their feet’s along they all flopped down into the living room sofa switching on the TV to distract themselves from today’s activities.

All apart from one certain baby faced member was with them.

Instead of joining them yoseob opted to going straight to his bed that will always welcome him home, he gladly landed on the soft bedding face first. Yoseob groaned as he felt his muscles complain with every slight movement. How can they expect him to carry on with dance practice tomorrow if he’s going to be like this at the end of every rehearsal? This had to stop. Especially with the same song that had to be replaying again and again and again.

But one day without practice wouldn’t hurt right?

I mean yoseob was confident that he knew all the moves off by heart. In fact every twist and turn of movement was already implanted into his head; he could even do the whole dance backwards if asked.

Settling with his plan of bunking practice there was only one thing to do and that was to persuade everyone in the group to agree with him.

 

And he knew the first person to start with first but for now he would rather get some shut eye.

 

 

The next morning after everyone had eaten and went off their own ways, yoseob held kikwang back before the other could leave the room.

“Is there something you need seob?” he answered puzzled by the sudden action.

“I have a plan and I need your help”

Kikwangs eyebrows furrowed in interest, “It depends on what it is I guess”. Yoseob leaned closer to kikwang and surveyed the kitchen making sure that no one else was near the two, once he confirmed that it was only them two he stared at kikwang dead in the eye.

“You’re gonna help me persuade the others to bunk practice tomorrow”


After a moment of intense staring kikwang finally spoke up.

 

“Sure.”
 

Yoseob instantly tackled the other locking him in a bear hug. “I knew I can count on you kiwi!” he happily squeezed the light out of him before letting go. At first he thought kikwang would protest against the suggestion but was delighted that he had agreed to it, it was almost good to be true.

“On one condition”

He knew it was too good to be true; his happiness was slowly deflating like balloon. He should’ve known that there was going to be a catch.

“What is it?” he warily asked.

“Can we spend the day the beach, I haven’t been there for a while and I want to go there while the weather is still nice and warm.”

Yoseob released a deep breath of relief; he thought the other was going to blackmail him for a moment.

“Even better we can have beach picnic!” Kikwangs eyes gleamed with excitement. At this point yoseob was completely overjoyed by the idea, the duo who was engaged in their own little world was chatting away on what they should eat, and what they should do once they were on the beach. The both of them were literally jumping and acting out the scenes that they didn’t notice someone had entered in the kitchen.

“Hyungs we have to go and head off to the dance studio now, the van is already waiting outside” dongwoon stated.

“Alright let’s go!” yoseob yelled punching the air before cheerfully resuming his conversation with kikwang. The maknae watched as the both of them animatedly talked to each other as they made their way to the door. The both of them seem more chipper than usual to dongwoon but he soon brushed it off as he tagged along behind them not bothering to listen to their conversation.

 

 

During their journey in the van the both of them were discreetly still discussing their plan.

“Who do you think we should start with first?” mumbled yoseob.

At the moment everyone was occupied in the van, doojoon sat shotgun with the manager, after them was junhyung who was on his phone as always while hyunseung was next to him listening to music on his iPod and finally sat the back was the troublesome duo and the maknae. Luckily for them dongwoon had fallen asleep but they still kept cautious about their conversation from everyone around them. The both of them thought for a while on who they should target first, doojoon was out of the list since he would obviously pulverise the both of them for even thinking about bunking (he was the leader overall), junhyung as the ‘mum’ of the group would nag the hell out of the both of them and lecture them to death. Hyunseung? It would be somewhat easy but at the same time unpredictable since no one ever knows what he’s actually thinking about. Thus leaving Dongwoon, who was the safest and easiest out of all of them, hopefully it would go easy.

Once it was about two hours into the rehearsal, they were all given a twenty minute break before continuing on. The duo took this chance to talk to dongwoon, the both of them hurried over to the tallest that was crouched down browsing with his phone in his lap.

Kikwang and yoseob shared a big grin that could put the Cheshire cat to shame before heading over to sit at either sides of dongwoon.

“watcha up to woonie~?”

“Oh, hi hyungs just playing a game on my phone” dongwoon answered without looking up.

“Woonie can you do us a favour?” this time kikwang spoke up, pausing his game he looked up to kikwangs face only to jump back a bit once he realised how close the other was. His eyes widened as his face slowly grew pink at the short distance between the two. Tearing his eye contact between the other he quickly turned his focus at a random spot in the room, hoping that kikwang didn’t catch the blush that was starting form on his face.

“Su-sure? I guess”

Yoseob was now in front of dongwoon, his eyes locked with maknae and both of his hands were now firmly grasping his legs as he leaned towards him.

“Long story short, we’re planning to bunk tomorrow’s practice to have a beach picnic and we need you to help us get all the other’s involved to make this work.”

The maknae sat still with a blank look, his hyungs had to be joking about this. Because they would get into some serious trouble for bunking on their schedule and no one wants to be around a furious manager. Dongwoon shivered at the image, it was not a good look at all.

"I'm not sure about this hyung"

 

An arm came resting over his shoulders, "don't worry about it too much, just imagine that sunny beach!" kikwang said dreamily. Eyes closed and head tilted as if he could feel the sun's warmth on his skin and the sand between his toes.

"Yeah woonie, plus we need a break. Aren’t you tired of repeating the choreography again and again like some kind of robot" Yoseob exaggerated in front of the two. It was true; he was definitely tired with all the nonstop dance practices that broke him down into sweats within an hour.  Let’s not forget about his poor stinging muscles that made him wince every time he turned over in his sleep.

"But what about the hyungs? I don't think they'll agree to this"

The three of them looked over to hyung line; junhyung and hyunseung were sat against the mirrored wall idly talking to each other whilst doojoon was standing up gulping down his drink.

"Oh. They’ll agree for sure."

Dongwoon looked over to kikwang then yoseob seeing the both of them grinning.

 

Nothing was ever good when the two partners in crime were up to something.

 

 

 

Everyone was now finally back in the dorm after a tiring day, however that didn’t surprisingly stop a certain duo or more like trio. With dongwoon now involved in their little scheme the three of them eventually thought of a plan of how to get hyunseung involved.

With that said hyunseung was sat alone on his bed with his earphones plugged in his ears blocking out the world with his music. Dongwoon entered the bedroom and sat in front of his hyung smiling; blinking twice hyunseung was now aware of the other in front of him.

“Ah, woonie I’ve been meaning to ask you something”

“Oh, what is it hyung?” he questioned

“Do you ever wonder what it would be like to be fish? I think it would be pretty cool imagine like you’re just minding your own business and then it starts to rain food all of a sudden also do you think fishes ever sleep?.”

Dongwoon was a bit perplexed, unsure on how to answer at the random comment he slyly glanced at kikwang and yoseob for help since the two were watching from the door way. Unfortunately the both of them were baffled as well by the string of hyunseungs 4D words. (Junhyung was normally the one who understood hyunseungs unique proverbs the most)

“Uh, sorry hyung but I don’t know if they do” the maknae scratched the back of his head after sending hyunseung an apologetic smile.

“It’s okay woonie, also did you want something?”

“Ah, hyung. Don’t you think that lately dance practice these days have been really intense”

Hyunseung scratched his chin looking at the duvet. “Ah I guess I was right”. He mumbled to himself.

The maknae was getting confused the longer he talked to his hyung.

 

“You’re in it with kikwang and yoseob, that bunking thing right?”

 

Dongwoon chocked.

How the heck did hyunseung know about it? They were so discreet about their plan and yet somehow he knew. Dongwoon wasn’t the only one stunned by the blunt question as kikwang and yoseob were shocked as well. Maybe hyunseung was actually an alien from another planet with some kind of supernatural powers.

“This morning while we were in the van, my iPod died about half way through the ride. So I just sat there spacing out with my earphones still in until I overhead the both of them discussing their beach escapade. They can’t exactly whisper properly you know and it’s amazing how junhyung didn’t even hear them since he was sat in front of the two.”

 

At this point dongwoon looked like a fish with his mouth wide open; his words were tangling as he was trying to come up with some kind of rational lie.

“Don’t worry, I won’t say anything to junhyung or doojoon bout it. In fact I’ll join in with your plan; a day at the beach would be fun.”

Right before dongwoon could speak the duo that were by the door had ran into the room and tackled hyunseung, clinging onto him with praises of how hyunseung was the best and thank you here and there.

 

 

“What are you all doing?”

 

 

The four of them froze and looked at the doorway to find junhyung watching them all suspiciously. The two who were once clinging onto hyunseung immediately sat by either sides of dongwoon as they nervously watched junhyung approach them. Junhyung sat next to hyunseung who seemed to be the only one who was unfazed by the others intimidating aura compared to the cowering three.

“Also why were you two praising seungie?” his asked casually draping his arm on hyunseungs shoulder.

“w-well seun-“

“We’re planning on bunking practice tomorrow to have a beach picnic and we’re trying to get everyone involved to make it work.” Hyunseung interrupted.

The room went deathly silent, a mixture of shock and betrayal was portrayed over the maknae line faces, the tension poured in the bedroom. Junhyung paused over hyunseung’s confession letting the words sink into his skin.

“So that’s the reason why the two idiots have been really hyper lately”

“But don’t you think having a picnic at the beach would be fun, junnie?” hyunseung looked up at junhyung leaning in slightly into his hold.

“Eh, I guess but I’m not involved if you lot get in trouble. Anyway the pizza I ordered is here already so hurry up and eat it before it gets cold.”

Junhyung left the room followed by hyunseung. The rest were still sat in their places staring at the spot where junhyung and hyunseung was before, none of them said anything for a while after the unpredicted scenario that happened just before them.

 

“So I’m guessing that junhyung is in it too?”

 

 

 

After they had gobbled down their dinner junhyung and hyunseung had disappeared leaving them with only doojoon, kikwang, yoseob and dongwoon. The four of them were occupied on the sofa mindlessly watching a random show to kill the time before they head off to sleep. All of them were jumbled together on the sofa as the laughter of the host and audience from the tv carried throughout the room.

The image off the hosts face was replaced with blank screen of their reflection. Doojoon was stood in front of the tv his eyes narrowed scrutinizing the other three on the sofa, his hands were on his hips while he standing tall looking intimidating.

 

“What’s going on?”

 

Yoseob felt a cold chill ran down his spine as soon as the eldest spoke. He could see the other two next to him breaking out in cold sweat, he didn’t want to look doojoon in the eyes but he had to at the moment  after all he needed just doojoon left to for the beach picnic to happen. Gathering his confidence he locked his eyes with the other.

“What are you talking about hyung?” yoseob asked feigning innocence

“You know exactly what I’m talking about yang yoseob, I know that the three of you are up to something and I’m not gonna let anyone move from this room until I get an answer.”

“w-why do you think we’re up to something hyung?” kikwang mentally kicked himself for his voice faltering a bit.

“Whenever this runt here (“rude much” yoseob muttered) is hyper than usual that means chaos and that chaos is because he has something planned and whatever he has planned does not end well at all. Because joonkun hyung finds out and I get blamed for your rash actions.”

The lines on his forehead increased while remembering the multiple times he had to be lectured by the manager for something he wasn’t involved with.

 

“So you better speak up no-“

“we’replanningtobunktomorrowtohaveabeachpicnicbecausewe’retiredofdancingtillwe’redead”

“woonie!” kikwang gaped at dongwoon who was now a nervous mess.

“I-I’m sorry hyungs I just didn’t want d-doojoon hyung to get in trouble because of us, I’m sorry!”

 

Gentle fingers ran through his hair, “don’t worry about it woonie, I understand.” He turned to his left only to be met with yoseobs soft eyes. Kikwang peaked over from dongwoons side to see yoseob smiling gently at dongwoon, he felt like he was at fault for letting yoseob down. They just wanted to get away for once and do what they wanted to do for a day, that’s all.

 

 

 

“Well if you wanted to go that badly, I guess I can allow it. But only this one time, okay?”

 

 

Within a snap three pair of wide eyes were fixed on doojoon, not believing from what they just heard. They actually got permission from the eldest for once, after letting that sink in kikwang and dongwoon erupted into cheers as they hugged each other. Yoseob took this opportunity to leap over the table and crash into doojoon with his arms wrapped tightly around the others torso, his face planting into the firm chest.

“Doojoon hyung is the best~!!”

“Of course I am.” He smirked confidently before returning yoseobs hug, “now move your gross self, I need to go shower.”

“Yeah you stink anyway” yoseob said before running out of the room.

 

Muffled laughter was heard from the couch that came from kikwang and dongwoon, the eldest shot both of them a glare right before the maknae dragged kikwang out of the room to get away from their leader.

 

Doojoon groaned, he was going to get in trouble once again from joonkun hyung. However the thought of the beach picnic made him thought otherwise. His shoulders drooped as he let out a sad sigh.

 

 

Being a leader of a bunch of kids was hard.

 

 

 


I'm so sorry that this took so long it's all because of that dumb kim kardashian game o(-`д´- 。) (I finally became a C-lister hahahaa) anyway I've split this into two parts and the second part I'm currently working on it nowwwwwwww but it's all good cause I'm almost finished.

So I'll upload the second part in a few hours, i'm so happy today I went out and bought facemask and a new earring for my cartilage piercing heueheu (ᅌᴗᅌ* )

 

okay bye my lovelies! 

 

x