Birthday

Options

KYUHYUN'S POV
I tried to put myself into sleep, but my heart keeps on pounding because of excitement and anxiety. 

Upon my phone hitting 12:00AM, I just stared at it, waiting for someone's message. 

Maybe I shouldn't get too excited and just sleep over it, right?

But I'm sorta expecting because she would always greet her friends through SNS and messages at 12:00AM on their birthdays.

What if she just do it with her friends?


Aigoo. Maybe I should ju--


'오빠 생일축해! Don't be too happy with this day because it marks that you're 28 already! Aigoo, what an ahjussi. ㅋㅋㅋ. 사랑해! ❤️'


I could feel myself grinning like an idiot while staring at her message. 

'고마워용~ Well, at least I'm a hot ahjussi you're dating, right? ㅎㅎㅎ 나도 사랑해!❤️' 

'Aigoo. This narcissist ahjussi. I'll go to sleep then! ZzzZzz good night! 😘' 

'Already?! :(
' I asked, but the message was not seen. -_- 

Anyways, at least she greeted me before sleeping! ❤️ 


I was about to keep my phone back to the cabinet when she suddenly start calling. 

"Yoboseyo?!" I answered, sounding a little too excited. 

"Ahjussi!" She called that made me chuckle. 

"Yes baby?" 

"Mwoya why are you calling me that?" She asked, 'disgusted'. 

"Psh. I know you love it." I smiled. 

"Whatever you say, it's your birthday anyways. I'll be going back to sleep then!" 

"But why? I still want to hear your voice!" 

"You are so cheesy!"

"I'm not." 

"Please? Just one more minute." 

"Waeee?" She asked, almost cutely. 

"Wh-what are you doing?" 

"Oppa Yoon Ji is sleepy~" she said in a way too adorable voice. 

"Can you use your aegyo personally?" Damn I wanna see her right now!

"Nah~ Oppa jalja! Saranghae..." She said softly. 

"Aigoo. I'll convince you, go to sleep then. Good night!" 

"Eung~" 



~
NO ONE'S POV

'What are you doing today? Should I pick you up?' Kyuhyun asked Yoon Ji the moment he woke up. 

He waited for a while but then Yoon Ji is not replying nor reading the message and so he've decided to take a bath first. 


After taking a bath, Kyuhyun immediately checked his phone, finally receiving a reply from his girlfriend. 

'Umm... I have plans for today sorry. Aren't you enjoying your day with your friends?




KYUHYUN'S POV 
What?!

It's my birthday! Of course we should be spending it together. How can she make plans for my birthday? -_- 

I just threw my phone back to bed, messing up my wet hair. 

Now what?!




~~~
"So... How was your day?" Eomma asked as we were eating dinner. 

"Same old." I replied, not making it sound like I'm disappointed. 

"We haven't given you our gift you know." 

"Ah, right." I said, drinking my juice. 

"Why are you so disappointed?" Ahra noona asked. 

"H-huh?" 

"You spent the day in your room! Did you choose your beloved laptop instead of your girlfriend?" 

"She's the one who made plans during my birthday, what can I do?!" I snapped even though I never intended to. 

"Aigoo. How about we'll show you our gift so that you'll feel better?" 

"Where is it?" I asked, raising a brow. 

"Kaja!" 

"Eo-eodiseoyo?" I asked when eomma stood up. 

"To your gift!" She chuckled. 



~
We arrived at a building in Gangnam, with her going out of the car. 

"Eomma where is my gift?" 

"Don't be impatient!" She chuckled as we made our way to the elevator.



Upon arriving at the 10th floor, the door swung open, leading to a door at the the end. 

"You bought me this?" I asked dumbly even though it's obvious. 

"Hmm!" She smiled, clinging her arm on mine. "Omo! I forgot my phone in the car! You should go ahead first. Passcode is your birthday-- 8823." 

"Arasseo. But can you really go alone?" 

"Of course! I'm not that old my son!" She said, giving me a slight push. 


I typed in my passcode, pressing my birthdate numbers 8823. 

I've been wanting to have my own place, and now they give it to me when I don't ask for it anymore. ㅋㅋㅋ

I opened the the door just to see a beautiful woman playing with her phone. 

"Oh?! 생일축해 오빠!" She immediately stood up before pulling me for a hug. "What took you so long? I've been waiting for you!" 

"You were the one not answering my calls and messages!" 

"That's because I was planning a surprise!" She said that made me silent. I just stared at her, wanting to compliment on how beautiful she is tonight and wanting to scold her for not giving a damn about my calls. "Are you... Mad?" She asked softly. I just sighed, turning my gaze away from her. "Well of course answering your calls would lead me to lie even more, telling you that I'm busy or something." She explained. 

"I... I cooked something by the way... If you're hungry, you can eat it. If not... Maybe you can eat it tomorrow or just give it to someone else. I'll go now." She said as my eyes immediately widened, turning to see her grabbing her purse. 

"Where are you going?" 

"Home." She chuckled. 

"Already?!" 

"Oppa, I know you're mad. I can see it... I'll just go so that I will not ruin your birthday even more." She smiled. "It's alright, no harm done. Happy birthday again!" 

"I... I didn't ask you to leave." I said softly, bowing. Why am I feeling guilty? 

She just continues to walk over the door, not even turning back to look at me. 

"Yoon Ji ah!" I called, walking up to her. 

"Wae?" She asked. "I know it's hard to ask someone to leave, so I'm leaving on my own." She smiled. 

"I didn't ask you to leave, you idiot." I said, pulling her for a hug. "I missed you." 

"Mwoya..." She chuckled, hugging me back. "We saw each other the other day." 

"But I was excited to spend the day with you a while ago." I pouted, pulling back from the hug. 

"Oh! I cooked for you! Are you hungry?" 

"Are you serious with that?" I asked. 

"Hmm! I've been studying how to cook whenever you're busy with work so that it won't be that obvious." She chuckled shyly. 

"Do you think it's edible?" I teased. 

"Of course! Auntie said you will love it." 

"Omo! I forgot about eomma. What's taking her so long?" I asked myself. 

"She went home already. The plan is, she'll just take you up here and we'll spend the night together." 

"So everyone knows about this 'surprise'?" I asked, raising a brow. 

"Of course! I have to ask your favorite dishes from Auntie because I don't want to ask you." 

"But noona was being a meanie a while ago and teasing me about having a date with my laptop instead." I crossed my arm. 

"You didn't really go out with your friends?" 

"Ani. I was planning to go out with you." 

"But you could've ask them out when I told you I have 'plans' right?" She asked, quoting the word 'plans'. 

"I wasn't in the mood anymore." 

"Mianhe..." 

"It's alright. Let's taste the food that you've cooked!" I said excitedly as we made our way to the dining room. 

 


I interlocked my hands with hers, a smile immediately creeping up my lips. 

"You looked really gorgeous tonight." I said, not even bothering to look at her because I think I'm blushing. 

"Y-you think so? I sorta prepared for this day so..." She chuckled uneasily, making me turn my head back to her. She's blushing! "I'm glad you liked it though." 

I smiled, leaning in to kiss her temples. 

"Thank you and I love you." 

"I love you too." She blushed even more, not meeting my gaze. Wow. 

 


It's the first time that she told me she loves me personally. I guess I should treasure this moment. ❤️ 

"Let's eat!" She said, immediately changing the topic that made me chuckle. 

"Why are so embarrassed about it?" I . 

"Molla." She answered shortly, shrugging. 

"Can you repeat it for me?" 

"No." 

"Please? It's still my birthday you know." 

"Why are you using that reason?!" 

"It's because you don't say it often." 

"That's why there's a saying 'action speaks louder than words'." 

"But still, hearing it is a different thing." I reasoned out, but then she was just silent. 


"I'm starving." She said, pulling my hand as we make our way to the table. 

"Did you really cook all these?" I asked, staring at the food. 

"Of course! That's why it took me almost the whole day." She said, feeding me some beef. 

"It's cold, but it's good!" I gave her a thumbs up right after chewing the beef. 

"That's because we were supposed to meet at 7! And you don't have any stove here... Let's just buy one tomorrow." 

"Nah. I'll ask one from my parents." 

"Right." she chuckled. "I forgot about that. Anyways let's eat!" 



"Are you going to sleep here for tonight?" She asked after a while. 

"Unless you're sleeping with me." I shrugged. 

"Mwo?! Y-you!" She blushed, pointing her chopsticks at me. 

"Wae?" I asked, raising a brow when I saw her blushing. "Omo!" I chuckled, judging her hard right now.

"I know I was a little ert, so shut it, okay?" She said, eating her food once again. 

"Aigoo you're such a cutie!" I stretch my arm to pinch her cheeks. "I can't believe you just admitted that you were a ert!" 

"Just eat!" She said, not even looking at me that made me chuckle. 

"Wait, don't you think you should give me my gift?" 

"W-what gift?! Isn't cooking for you enough?" 

"Nope." I shook my head. "Gift?" I asked, showing her my palms that made her pout. 

"Okay I'll get it." She stood up that somewhat alarmed me. 

"Get where?" 

"My house, duh?!" 

"You left it?!" 

"I was in a hurry a while ago! And I thought cooking for you is enough." 

"It is! I mean this is so sweet of you but then of course I still need something that will remind you to me everyday." 

"Tch. Arasseo. Tomorrow, first thing in the morning." 

"Okay! First thing in the morning or else you have to give me something more!" 

"More like..?" She asked, raising a brow. 

"I'll think of something." I winked that her that made her glare at me. 

"Be sure it's something appropriate, okay?!" 

"Who's the ert between us again?" I chuckled that made her blush. 

"Quickly finish that!" 



~
"We're here..." I told her the moment we arrive at the gates. 

"Gomawo!" She replied while unbuckling her seatbelt. 

"Aren't you going to invite me in?" I asked, unbuckling my belt. 

"It's late you know! You should go. You should send me a message later, alright? Oh! Your seatbelt!" She reminded, leaning and pulling my seatbelt, buckling it. 

"You sounded like a mom." I chuckled. 

"Did I?" She asked, her face centimeters away from mine. I just felt myself staring at her gorgeous face, whose smiling right back at me. 

 


Her right hand caressing my left cheek, suddenly leaning in and pressing her lips against mine. 

She started off softly and carelessly, making me chuckle with my lips automatically kissing her back. 

"Saranghae." She pulled back, smiling at me. 

I just felt myself staring at her in shock, my heart continuously beating a hundred times faster. 

 


She went out off the car, running over the gates and pressing the buttons for the gates to open. 

I immediately wet out of the car, closing the door into which she probably heard, making her turn around just to be met by my lips once again.  

My hands immediately cupped her face, pulling her closer as I kiss her soft lips. 


We pulled back to catch up some air, a smile is evident on my lips. I then rest her head on my chest, my arms around her waist, giving her a warm embrace. 

"Do you realize that we have tons of cameras around?" She pulled back, asking as I quickly turn my gaze on my upper right, just to see a camera turning away from our side. 

"Well..." I chuckled, unable to utter anything. 

"I bet they'll tease me about this." She muttered on my chest. 

"About us making out?!" I smiled. 

"Duh." She rolled her eyes. 

"Well you can call everyone and then we'll show it to them live." I said that made her eyes widen. 

"Mworago?!" She punched my chest, making me chuckle. "You should go home now you know!" 

"Why are you pushing me away?!" I asked cutely, hugging her once again. 

"M-mwoya..." She uttered softly that made me chuckle. 

"You like me doing aegyo?" I pulled back to look at her. 

"A little." She replied, not looking at me.

"Aigoo you're so honest!" I pinched her cheek a little. "Arasseo na kalke~" I waved, walking back to my car. "Ya Ahn Yoon Ji!" I called as she enters the gate. 

"Wae?!" 

"Nado saranghae!" I said, making a heart shape from my hands. 




 

 

~~~~~
YOON JI'S POV
"He's still sleeping... I'll wake him up." Mrs. Cho smiled at me into which I immediately wave my hands. 

"Anio, it's okay. I'll just wait for him." 

"Then maybe you should just wait for him in his room."  

"Really? Can I?" I smiled into which she nodded. 



I went in to his room, just to see him wearing just his underwear, his hairy legs over the longest pillow. I stifled a laugh before making my way over to the couch near his bed, preventing myself from giggling too much and taking my phone out to snap a photo. 

After taking a couple of photos, I made sure create a back up because who knows when he'll borrow my phone and delete these photos?! ㅋㅋㅋ 

It's been 15 minutes and I'm feeling a little bored and so I called his phone, wanting to see how he'll react with my call. 

I saw him grabbed his phone under the pillow, answering my call with a sleepy voice. 

"Yoboseyo?" He answered. 

"Ya, don't tell me you're still sleeping?!" I bit my lower lip to prevent myself from laughing when I saw him immediately sitting up straight upon hearing my voice. 

"Who said so?! I'm waiting for my gift you know." 

"Geure? But it's there." 

"Huh? What do you mean?" He asked, rubbing his eyes and looking around when he saw me. "OMO!" He screamed, covering himself with a blanket that made me laugh. 

"Good morning ahjussi!" I stood up, making my way over to him. 

"Wh-what are you doing here?!" He asked, covering his face with a pillow. 

"Delivering your gift." I said, handing him my present. "Why are you hiding?!" I laughed, removing the pillow away from his face. 

"Because I just woke up and I don't know if I looked terrible right now." 

"Well you are." I chuckled. "Anyways I'm just here to deliver my present. I shall go now." 

"Mwo?! But I haven't opened my present yet!" 

"Then go and open it!" I said, sitting on his bed, with him automatically sitting farther. "What's wrong with you?!" I asked, raising a brow. 

"I haven't brushed my teeth yet." He said lowly. 

"So if I asked a kiss, you won't kiss me?" 

"Mw-mwo?!" He asked, cheeks flushing. "Let me just brush my teeth. You can't leave without me opening the present, alright?!" He said, placing the gift inside the cabinet with a fingerprint to access. 

"Ya!" I complained, trying to open the cabinet. 

"It's our new product. I am the only one who can open it." He said, making his way to the bathroom with the blanket around him. "You take a rest first, wait for me, alright?" 


I lay down on the bed, spreading my arms as I feel his comfy bed.

I wonder what mattress is this? I wanna change mine.

I heard the shower turning on and so I sat up, deciding to wait for him downstairs instead. 



"Annyeonghaseyo." I bowed to Mrs. Cho, into which she welcomed me again with a beautiful smile. Just like Kyuhyun's.

"Aigoo, is he still sleeping? I shoul--" 

"N-no. He's already taking a bath Mrs. Cho." 

"Just call me eomoni." She giggled, holding my hand. 

"Ah... Ye." I bowed, feeling embarrassed all of a sudden. 

"Come on let's eat breakfast. I'm guessing you haven't eaten yours since it's too early...?" She asked, but already pulling me to their dining area. "Don't wait for Kyuhyun, he's going to take a long time showering." She chuckled. 

"He takes a long time in showering?" 

"When there's a special occasion." 

"I-is there an occasion today? Post birthday party?" I asked, clueless. 

"Ani~" she chuckled once again. "He's right, you're cute!" She said that made me smile and bow at her. "I mean you're here! He's showing off you know."  

"Ahh..." I laughed, preventing myself from blushing. 

"Come one let's eat!" She said, pulling me to one of the chairs when my phone started ringing. 

"Mrs-- I-I mean eomoni, I'm sorry but I have to answer this." I said, showing her my phone. 

"Ah sure!" 

"Oh, can I use the bathroom too?" I chuckled shyly.

"Sure thing." She said, pointing me where the nearest comfort room is. 

"Gumasupnida." I bowed a little before finally answering the call.



KYUHYUN'S POV
"Baby I need to go, there's an urgent meeting I have to attend." Eomma said, fixing her bag.

"Where's Yoon Ji?" I asked, my eyes roaming around the living room. 

"She went home." 

"Mwo?!"

"Kidding." She chuckled, ruffling my hair. "She's talking to someone... In the bathroom. Wae, you missed her already?!" 

"Not really, I was just looking for her." 

"Tch. I know you do. Go now and eat breakfast with her. Tell her I need to go, okay?" 

"Ne eomma! See you later!" I said, dashing off to the bathroom.


I crossed my arms upon waiting for her, resting my back across the bathroom's door. 

"What's taking her so long?" I uttered to myself. 

Wait, am I being too obsessive that I'm waiting for her outside the bathroom? 

Right. I should just wait for her in the dining area.

 


I've decided to go back to the dining area when the bathroom door suddenly clicked open. 

"Omo!" She gasped, that made me shot my head to her. "What are you doing here?" She asked, raising a brow. 

"I was... I was just..." I paused, trying to think of an excuse. 

"You were peeking, aren't you?!" she covered that made me blush, just by thinking of the thought. "I knew it!" 

"Hey I'm not!" I almost shouted, making me sound guilty. 

"Then what are you doing here?" She asked, taking a step closer. 

"I'm going to pee." 

"You could've peed in your room, you know." She shot back. 

"I feel like peeing right after going down." I told her, she just shrugged. 

"Okay then, go." She said, walking past me. 

"Where?" 

"Bathroom!" She said, making her way to the dining area. 



After 'peeing', I made my way back to the dining area just to see her concentrating on her phone. 


"Is there something wrong?" I asked, taking the seat across her. 

"No-not really, let's eat?" She smiled, before scooping some rice and placing it on my place. "Actually..." She started off. "I have to go after eating." 

"Wae? Where are you going?" I asked as she place side dishes near my plate. 

"My dad wants me to meet some people for the business and so I have to come with him." 

"Where?" 

"Singapore." 

"Mwo?! For how long?" 

"4 days. And then I'll be extending for 3 more days so to sum that up, it'll be for a week." 

"Why?! How about me? I won't see you for a week then?!" I pouted, trying to use my aegyo.


 

She was about to say something when she chuckled, covering . 

"Why are you laughing?" I arched a brow. 

"I was about to complain that you should stop using aegyo because you're old already, but then immediately realizing that you looked really adorable with it and so I just chuckled by myself." 

"You're so weird!" I chuckled, but immediately going back to the topic. "Now what, you tell me how will I see you if you'll be away for a week?" 

"There is an amazing invention called Face Time or Skype you know!" She laughed. "I didn't know you're too old to know about that!" She added, still laughing. 

"You are making fun of me." I said, more of a comment. "You know that I'll miss you when you're away, right? And why are you extending anyways?" 

"Shopping." She grinned. "And Universal Studios of course!" 

"Ya! You're going to an amusement park alone?!" 

"Why, can't I? Besides, going alone would be better since because they have the single lane." 

"Don't you think it'll be better to go to Universal Studios with your loved one?" 

"My dad?!" She asked with a disgusted face. 

"Mwo?!"

"Kidding." She laughed. "Then does that mean you'll come with me?" 

"I have to work..." 

"See?!" She said, as if making a point. 

"Well my only point is that you should come home with your dad after the business trip." 

"But my return flight is fixed already." 

"I'll buy you a new one then." 

"No way. It'll be a waste of money." 

"And staying there to play isn't a waste of money?" I arched a brow. 

"At least I'm having fun!" 

"Alone!" I added. 

"Yup. I'd always wanted to travel alone. This is my chance you know." She said and I can feel myself getting defeated. 

"But I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too, don't worry." She said, extending her hand to caress mine. "I'll call you everyday." 

"I still won't get to see you." I pouted even more. 

"Stop being old and cute, will you?" She smiled, scrunching her nose. "Anyways, we have to eat. I still have to pack." 

"I'll send you to the airport, alright?" 

"Sure thing." She smiled. 



~
My eyes followed her every time she went in and out of her walk-in closet, getting clothes and placing it on her luggage. 

"Hey, don't you think that's too short?" I asked the moment she matched a long sleeved top and a high waist short shorts. 

"Is it?" She asked, tilting her head to the sides. 

"I think." 

"Okay I'll get the pants instead." She said, going back into her closet. I followed her inside, just looking at her while she rummage her closet for a pants. 

I heaved a sigh, remembering how I won't be able to see her for a week. 

"Geut!" She smiled, placing the last pieces of clothes inside her luggage and zipping it close. 



"Madam, Mr. Seo is already waiting for you downstairs." She bowed. 

"Alright. We'll go down now." 

"Shall I help you with your luggage?" She asked. 

"No, I'll just bring it for her." Kyuhyun answered. 

"B-but sir--" 

"I'll bring it for her. You can go now." He said, holding unto my luggage. I can't help but to giggle at Melanie who looked helpless right now. 

"It's alright, you may go." I said, even though I still want to laugh at her. "Thanks anyway." 

"Ye." She bowed before leaving. 



~
Oppa opened the door for me as I went in before he did, sitting beside me. 

He immediately took his phone out, taking a selca into I immediately smiled, resting my head on his shoulder. 

"Oppa one more!" I grinned, this time clinging my arms unto his'. He just chuckled after taking it, kissing my temples before looking at our photos. "What's with the sudden taking of pictures?" I asked as he just smiled at our photos. 

"I just realized we haven't taken any photos ever since we started dating." 

"You're right." I said with the sudden realization. "I wonder why though." 

"Mwolla. At least we're have one now!" He grinned cutely, showing me our photos that made me scrunch my nose. What a cutie! 


A knock was heard on our window as I saw Melanie looking a little bit panicky. 

"Wae?" I asked as Oppa pressed the window button. 

"Madam you left your ticket and passport!" She panted. 

"Omo jinjja?!" I asked in shock, taking it into my hands. "Gomawo!"

"It's good that Mr. Seo is still in the toilet." She sighed. 

"Yeah. Thanks anyways!" I smiled at her. 

"Yes madam. Have a safe flight! I'll see you soon!" 

"You too! Take care! Medium, right?" I asked as she nodded endlessly. 

"Kamsamnida!" She bowed once again as Mr. Seo finally entered the car. 

"Ma'am sorry I'm late." He said, starting the car. 

"It's okay. It's still early anyways." I said as oppa finally closed the windows. 

"You almost missed your flight." He said, interlocking his left hand with mine. 

"Well... If ever I did, I still need to reschedule it you know." I said, trying to pull my hand back because it's starting to sweat. 

"Mwoyaaaa?!" He complained, tightening his hand on mine. 

"My hands are beginning to sweat!" 

"I won't be able to hold your sweaty hands for a week you know!" He said and I just shut my mouth. 

Why do I feel giddy about that?! >///<


Sent from my iPhone