Swaddled

Goodnight Kissies

So I wrote this a while ago, but it's in this same au, just later in their lives together. so yea :D

I thought I'd share it here.

 

 

 

There were moments in their life together that Jinki thought about what the younger man meant to him. These moments were frequent and came at odd times. When they would be lying in bed with the younger curled up against him, and the man’s eyelashes would gently flutter against his tan cheeks and Jinki would just think, by God he’s beautiful. Or every night in front of their tv the man would lay on the couch all curled up in the giant cover from the bed and almost beg for his boyfriend to cuddle him, and Jinki would just wrap his arms around him and think, why is he so adorable?. When he would come home from work down at the bank, suit hot and thick against his skin after hours of standing up and dealing with a vary people’s attitudes, and all he wanted to do was strip and take a cool shower, the younger man would have dinner already made and the bath run to the perfect temperature. Jinki would look over at his beautiful face, that charming smile that made him fall in love with him at first sight it had seemed, and think, what did I do to deserve him?.

 

Jonghyun worked from home most of the time; a privilege earned from being talented enough at music and writing to sell multiple songs and jingles to various famous faces and companies. Though most of the time if he was really honest with himself he wasn’t normally actually working. He would be on tumblr most of the time, blogging about the girl groups that he loved, and munching on chips all day, but what his amazing boyfriend didn’t know wouldn’t hurt him.

 

Jonghyun really didn’t know when it started.  Every morning Jinki would gently wake him with a soft kiss on his nose and warm loving words against his hair as he holds him close. Then the older man would go and get dressed, come into the room so his boyfriend could tie his tie for him before rushing out with a quick kiss on the lips. Jonghyun would get up, get dressed like a normal person would if they had to go out of the house for work; jeans and a shirt, but after a while that effort seemed pointless.

 

So Jonghyun really didn’t know when it started, but one morning he just decided that pants weren’t really needed.  What was the point when during his boyfriend’s lunch he would call most of the time and make life hell for him by touching himself? What was the point of pants when he was the only person at home and they just were really constricting to begin with? Seeing as there wasn’t really one Jinki’s big oversized sweaters and shirts seemed very appealing to him.

 

They were warm and soft. They were big on Jinki’s frame and even bigger on Jonghyun. He really liked how the soft fuzzy fabric moved across his skin. It was very calming, but most importantly they smelt like Jinki. Jonghyun would sit on their nice fluffy bed, and just softly giggle to himself about how it felt like he was swaddled in a big layer of the older man’s love and affection. He always loved the way the Jinki held him close after being together like they were almost every night. The soft whispered words, the gentle warm caresses that meant so much more than just a touch, and the way he ran his fingers through his hair as he kissed every single part of skin he could reach. Jinki bathed him in love any chance he got to, and Jonghyun loved when the warmth and safety descended around him. Then again the older man had always had that effect on him; even when it was just a smile or their hands clasped together.

 

So he would just slip on one of Jinki’s numerous sweaters, from the ugly Christmas ones that he just had to have every year to the fluffy knitted ones that Jonghyun’s mother just loved to make for her son’s boyfriend. If he felt like getting up he would pull on a pair of socks, because those hardwood floors could get rather freezing, and slide around the house on them, but most of the time he would just be content being surrounded by Jinki.

 

He never really planned on Jinki walking in on him. Jonghyun would pull on a pair of boxers before the man got home, because his little secret could be kept from his boyfriend without much harm. Jinki really didn’t need to know why all his sweaters seemed to miraculously end up on the floor every day he went to work, even though he had his suspicions, and Jonghyun deemed him knowing held more harm than keeping it from him. He should have known he couldn’t keep it a secret for long though, because when it came to him Jinki knew almost everything.

 

So one day instead of calling Jonghyun to tell him he would be home early, because his boss decided he could leave and he could handle all Jinki usually took care of in those last 2 hours, and he walked in to see Jonghyun softly swaying in the living room to the tape of their song that he had made Jinki sing years ago. The older man leaned against the wall with his keys still held in his hand and a soft smile on his face as he watched him.

 

The sweater was a creamy white, only going to just above the mid-thigh and covering just enough in the front to tease but not show anything, and Jinki was again having one of those moments where he thought about how much that silly younger man meant to him. Jonghyun had his eyes closed, his soft blond hair was a tangled mess on his head and he was swaying so off beat it was almost comical, all Jinki could think was, gorgeous.

 

It wasn’t the fact that his toned legs were showing or that when he moved a certain way it rode up just enough for Jinki to see almost everything he would want to, nor was it the fact that Jonghyun was really handsome. That didn’t make the older man deem the man gorgeous. It wasn’t the physical appearance that made him that way, but the warmth that surrounded the older man by just looking at him. The love that Jinki felt for the younger, that searing hot emotion, longing, that’s what made him so gorgeous.

 

Jonghyun was gorgeous because of the love shared between them, and as he continued to hum and sway along to his own voice Jinki could help but be pulled toward the younger man. Like he always was.

 

Jonghyun gasped as his eyes snapped open and he turned as soon as those warm arms wrapped around him. He calmed in the hold when he felt the soft breath against his skin as Jinki spoke those gentle words. He blushed, because he knew his secret was out, but as his boyfriend gently kissed his cheeks and gave him one of those warm smiles he really didn’t care.

 

So in the upcoming week when Jonghyun wakes up Jinki is gone like normal, only the memory of a soft nose kiss and a goodbye, when the younger man looks on his bedside table to see a box. It’s white with a blue ribbon tied around it neatly, and when he opens it a new sweater is gently folded with in. It smells like Jinki, like he wore it for hours just to get the right scent on it for his boyfriend and a simple note gently placed on the fabric. Jonghyun softly giggles as color rises to his cheeks and he quickly moves with the familiar aching muscles to pull the sweater on.

 

For my gorgeous Love, I hope you feel swaddled enough ~

 

Oh he definitely was, but what Jinki didn’t know wouldn’t hurt him. The older man had a ton of cuddles awaiting him once he arrived home.