Cuddle Bear

Goodnight Kissies

(bold is text messages. Italics are over the phone.)

 

How was your flight Hyungie? ^-^

 

A soft chuckle and a warm smile spread across his face at the message. He looked out the window for a moment, the bright lights of the cabs waiting in front of the airport passing by him as he moved away from the place. He had just landed not even 20 minutes ago and his boyfriend had sent the message as soon as he had gotten into the car as if he knew he was leaving.

 

Just fine Baby. What you up to? He quickly tapped in the reply before laying the phone on his thigh unlocked and gazed out the closed window.

 

There was a soft buzz not even a second later and he was rolling his eyes. His boyfriend was something else. Waiting for you? ^_-

 

His face fell at that. He couldn’t go over there that night. He was exhausted and had a very important meeting in the morning with his boss about his trip. He knew that his boyfriend was missing him, hell he missed him more than anything, but he knew just how tomorrow morning would go if he went over there tonight. :( I’m sorry but I can’t tonight Baby.

 

But.. but it’s been days Hyungie D: He was in the middle of his reply when he got another. I need my goodnight kissy :(

 

He sighed deeply before pressing call. It wasn’t even allowed to ring twice before it was picked up. “Hey Baby.”

 

"Hyungie!" He sounded so damn excited and it hit the older man square in the chest. "Will you plllllleeeeeaaaase come over? I even got those cinnamon candles you like." He stared at his leg, and how his fingers were tapping softly against his thigh, as he though of a reply. He knew he couldn’t give in this time. He just couldn’t. “You really can’t come over can you Jinki?

 

. Not the soft disappointed voice. Why the hell had he called him in the first place. “It’s not like I don’t want to Jonghyun. I just really can’t.”

 

"Even if you leave early in the morning?"

 

"I never do when it comes to you Baby. I’ll just give you your goodnight kiss over the phone okay, and then I’ll come over first thing in the morning once my meeting is over. Does that sound okay?"

 

"No." The younger man mumbled sadly.

 

"It sufficed the last couple days."

 

"But you were overseas and we skyped."

 

Jinki sighed once again as he ran his fingers through his hair. He missed the younger man like crazy, and just his voice made him ache even more, but he couldn’t go over. He just couldn’t. H had been late enough times and he couldn’t risk that in the morning. “Just tell me about your day Baby. How was dinner with your family?”

 

"Jinkiiiii!" The man whined, but he finally began to talk. "It was okay I guess. She made your favorite thinking you were going to be there with me. Taemin picked on me for checking my phone all the time, and Kibum talked about his new boy toy all night, but it was fun I guess. It was better than take out I was getting the first two days.”

 

Jonghyun kept going on and on about his day, and Jinki could almost imagine him laying in his bed. Big shirt of his own on his smaller frame. Socked feet swinging above him as he laid on his stomach and talked with him. That thought brought a loving smile on his face, and a deep ache in his heart. He looked up when he heard the gentle tapping to see his driver looking at him through the reflection of the rearview mirror. His eyes were asking him a question, and with another sigh he nodded. The driver just smiled and shook his head before flicking on the turn signal.

 

"Are you still listening Hyungie?"

 

"Of course Baby."

 

"Tomorrow we should go to the lake. I went there yesterday for my run and there was this baby duck and I was kind of sad that I didn’t have bread for it. Roo kind of chased it away too. I kind of wanna go back and give a biscuit as a form of apology.”

 

"Baby I’m pretty sure that duck won’t even remember what he ate yesterday."

 

"But.. he will!"

 

"Sir we’re here." Jinki looked up from his lap at the deep voice.

 

He nodded and mouthed, Thanks Minho.

 

"I’ll be here at 5:30 to get you in the morning."

 

He nodded and grabbed his suitcase that was next to him in the car. "Who was that?"

 

"Minho."

 

“Ah. Are you home already?” Jinki didn’t miss the sadness that had begun to drip back into the younger man’s voice. The elevator was thankfully on the ground floor and he pressed the floor with his knuckle as he held the phone between his cheek and shoulder. "Does this mean we have to hang up?"

 

"No. I still have to get settled and everything."

 

"Oh okay." The numbers above the doors blinked as he rose higher. It dinged as it made it to his level and he quickly moved out into the hallway as Jonghyun continued. "I feel like ice cream, but it’s kind of cold and all the way in the kitchen. Do you feel me?"

 

He chuckled softly. “Of course. Are you all swaddled in your bed?” He had to admit the other man said yes rather cutely for a 25 year old man. “It’s only 9. I’m surprised you aren’t still on tumblr.”

 

There was an adorable little giggle, "Who says I’m not?"

 

Jinki just shook his head and fished his keys out of his coat pocket. “What flavors of ice cream do you have?”

 

"Hmm. Think strawberry and fudge brownie. Why?" Jinki turned the key and pushed open the door. "Hyung.. I think I hear someone coming in."

 

"Oh?"

 

"Yeah.. what should I do?" Jonghyun’s voice was shaky and Jinki could almost see him cowering behind his blankets. He could hear the echo of Roo’s barks through the apartment and the phone against his ear.

 

Jinki shut the door behind him and leaned his suitcase against the wall. He was pushing off his shoes when he said, “I dunno. Maybe come greet your boyfriend.” There was a crash and a yelp before rushed steps through the hallway. A moment later a very hectic looking Jonghyun appeared. His eyes were wide, hair thrown everywhere, and his giant shirt haphazardly sckewed around his small frame. Jinki smiled lovingly at him and lifted his hand as he wiggled his fingers. “Hey Baby.”

 

Jonghyun was running toward him and wrapping his arms around him in a moment. He nuzzled his face into his chest, taking in the warmth and smell of him. “Hyungie.”

 

Jinki wrapped his arms around him and kissed his forehead. “How about we get that ice cream and go cuddle hmm?”

 

Jonghyun looked up at him. “You actually came.”

 

Jinki’s eyes softened as he pressed his lips firmly on the man’s forehead again. “I never can say no to you.”

 

Jonghyun beamed and tugged on his wrist toward the kitchen. “So strawberry right?”

 

Jinki just chuckled and pulled him back into his embrace. His fingers moved across his cheek, and he felt the man shiver in his hold. He nudged their noses together and a smirk appeared on his lips right before he pressed their lips together. Jonghyun melted into the kiss, fingers curling in the older man’s dress shirt. When Jinki pulled away the younger man’s eyes were still slowly opening. “How about I get the ice cream and you go wait for me in the bed?”

 

"Okay."

 

Jonghyun kissed his cheek, “Good boy.” He then yelped and rushed off when Jinki pinched his .

 

Jinki just chuckled as he turned off his phone. He placed it on the counter before getting a bowl and a spoon. He’d eat fudge brownie if it made Jonghyun happy.

 

But maybe he knew deep down that ice cream wasn’t what made the man giggle and fall asleep all fuzzy later that night. It was him.

 

"Goodnight Hyungie." The words were slurred, caused by his half asleep state. His fingers were slack and lain on the older man’s bare stomach.

 

Jinki kissed his hair, “Goodnight Baby.”

 

Jonghyun looked up then slowly, eyes half closed and sleepy smile on his face. “Goodnight kissies?”

 

Jinki knew very well that he had given many goodnight kisses to his boyfriend, but he still gently took ahold of his jaw and pressed their lips together. He nudged the tip of Jonghyun’s nose and the man giggled. “Get some sleep Cuddle Bear.”

 

Jonghyun just hummed and snuggled closer.