1

Goodbye Summer

In a darkened room, during the early months of summer, a 17 year-old was lying asleep in her King-sized bed holding onto her necklace that was given to her by a special person, her mind was filled with many thoughts, wishes and a certain person. Having only slept for several hours, she was soon awoken from her slumber by a tapping sound. While she had told herself it was nothing and that she should return to sleep, the sound continued till it drove the girl to get out of her bed and investigate...

Krystal’ POV

I sat up and looked out at the window. There, I saw a perfect creature smiling at me showing his impressive fangs, with his shiny black wings spread, flapping up and down along with his glowing, bright, red eyes. A smile plastered on my face as I hurriedly got up and dash to the window.

Amber: hey Princess!

Krystal: hey yourself! Why are you here? If someone is to find you here, you'll be burned at stake!

Amber: and why is that?

Krystal’s POV

I met him not long ago; he saved my life when I was trying to kill myself. The fact that I was a princess of a kingdom and I’m also the next heir to the throne. I have to work and train everyday to become a suitable ruler. Not mentioning the fact that I also had to go to school since I was only 17. All the stress from working and studying eventually drove me crazy. So I decided to place myself on the rooftop of a tall building and jumped down, I closed my eyes waiting for the pain but it never happened. I opened my eyes and looked down, I was floating. Then I met the most perfect pair of eyes in the world. At that moment, I knew I fell, not physically but emotionally. I can see it in his eyes too. However, we got a problem, a big problem...

Krystal: it's because you're a vampire.

Amber: it's not like someone would find out right? I mean, I look human.

Krystal: well, with your wings exposing like that and those brightly glowing eyes of yours, it's really not difficult for someone to recognize your identity.

Amber: if it's about the wings, I can just put them away.

Krystal: your eyes shined a dull color tonight, did something happen?

Amber: I ... I don't know...

Krystal: what do you mean you don't know? Are you stupid? Tell me what happened, I can see the sadness in your eyes.

Amber: princess, I... listen, our memories together, do you remember them?

Krystal: of course! From the moment you caught me in your arms, from when our eyes met. I knew you're the only one for me. But ...

Amber: but people are scared of me right?

NO ONE’S POV


The vampire smiled gently, emitting a nice, warm aura even though he was a demon himself. He knew from the start, there will never be an 'US' between them. Humans are afraid of him, even his species would paralyze just from a glare from him. One day, they would kill him ... But no one knew he was already on the edge of breaking down completely.

Krystal: please don't say that!

Amber: that's an undeniable truth princess. Just how my species are afraid of your existence along with other humans.

Krystal: me?

Amber: yes, your existence makes me shiver, and is killing me each day at the thought of you being mistreated if they find out about me.... Princess, I came to say goodbye.

Krystal: goodbye? What?!

Amber: that's right. I must leave.

Krystal: to where?

Amber: Back to where I came from. I can't stay by your side, princess. You knew it's impossible for us to be together. We're too different.

Krystal: if it's because you're a vampire, it doesn't really matter to me.

Amber: shhh, it's not as easy as you think, do you really understand about us? Do you KNOW about us? We live off drinking blood. It's our nature, and that someone would be killed one day, sooner or later.

Krystal: I do! But I know you won't harm me.

Amber: yes, it's true that I won't harm you. But do you know? That between us, there's this invisible wall called 'society'. Furthermore, my food is human's blood. I can't imagine myself up your citizen's blood.

Krystal: I...

Amber: listen, princess. It's fate that we met. However, our fate doesn't include the ‘US.' I'm sorry, but I must leave.

Krystal: if that's so, I shall follow you.

Amber: I'm sorry, but I must protest. Where I am going is a dangerous place. Furthermore, you are the heir to the throne. You are to lead your people. If you disappear now, your kingdom would be in a mess. The king would not be happy.

Krystal: but...if we fight for our love, I believe we would make it.

Amber: hey princess, do you know the story of Romeo and Juliet? They failed to gain their happiness, but they chose to die together so that every part of their bodies along with their souls could protect and maintain their love forever. Our story is quite similar if I must say. However, family and society are not the only obstacles between us. It also involves the two worlds. I'd rather for us to separate than to forever lose our beautiful memories together.

Krystal: can you not compare those characters with us? If we fight for it, we'll eventually make it! I don't care if it takes months, years, or decades. As long as I’m with you, I’m fine with anything.

Amber: princess, please don't be stubborn.

Krystal: are you tired of me? That's why you want to leave?

Amber: that is not true; you know I love you with every fiber within me. And because I love you, and I care for you that I chose to leave you. It's all for your future princess!

Krystal: what do you know about my future? It's MY life! I choose how I want to live.

Amber: princess, you're only 17. You're still very young. I've lived in this world for hundreds of years now. I know what's best for you.

Krystal: but...

Amber: please princess, I love you and I can't risk it.

NO ONE’S POV

The gentle wind blew the clouds away revealing the bright shining moon. Under the moonlight, the vampire can clearly see the princess's face with tears rushing down non-stop. He suddenly felt uneasy in his chest; it felt like his heart was stabbed with endless needles. It was painful, but it was for the best.

Amber: it's time, I must leave now.

Krystal: wait!

Amber: before I go, I have one request for you.

Krystal: what is it?

Amber: you must forget about me, and move on, princess. Become a great ruler, and ... I love you. Goodbye my princess!

NO ONE’S POV

before the princess could say anything, the vampire pressed his lips onto the princess's. Tears rushed down his face as he used his powers and erase himself from the princess's mind. The princess's body went numb and fell into the vampire's arm. He caressed her face one last time before laying her body onto her bed and flew out of her window, disappearing into the darkness.

The end.