Act 1

Fable Town (HIATUS)

Inside the black-out hall there were around 1100 students gathered, all looking at the wooden stage where the only source of light was directed at. These students all came from different ethnicities and unique backgrounds, but here, in this very school, they were all one and the same. At least that’s what the principal was saying.

Xiumin couldn’t really be bothered to pay much attention to the man, after all, what sort of good head master would be prancing around on stage wearing sunglasses in a very dark room and a pink glitter scarf? Like literally, who did he think he was? The king or something? He snorted.

‘For your information, whoever it was in the crowd, yes, I DO think I am the king, the king of this school at least. So you should think before thinking rude comments about someone m’kay? Moving on…’

Xiumin stood glaring at the pink scarf before realisation hit him; the principal just answered his questions even though he hadn’t said anything out loud. His cheeks now showed a tint of red as he shifted his weight onto his right leg and kept his hands crossed before his chest. In an attempt to distract himself from the unwanted embarrassment, his eyes scanned the room for something a bit more interesting and a bit more safe than the man on stage.

 ‘Nothing….nothing…..nothing…..something.’

His attention was caught by a petite boy with raven hair shaved to on one side and nicely styled. He couldn’t see his face, but the hair sure was amazing. And the better the hair the better the clothes to go with it…

The other stirred, probably sensing Xiumin’s eyes sliding all over him, and turned around. In the dim yellow light from the stage, he looked kind of cute, except for the ginormous eyes that seemed to belong to a creepy creature of the night. But otherwise he was quiet a handsome guy.

The two’s eyes met but instead of being met with a smile, the raven hair scowled at Xiumin and immediately turned around seemingly shuddering.  ‘Rude much’ he thought and pulled a face, now turning back around to focus on the principal because all of his options on what to do were terrible, so he might as well concentrate on something that could give him some useful information.

‘As you should all know thanks to ‘The Guide of Amazingness in the School’, you will be placed in a dorm with a number of other people from your year and no, no matter what, they will not be changed. You could literally be killing each other and you’ll stay in the same room. Now if you look down at your wrists you will notice they are flashing-‘

Sure enough, when Xiumin unfolded his arms from across his chest, there was something flashing on his wrist. There was a ‘2’ there glowing in a sky blue colour.

 ‘WTF mate’ he thought irritated while twisting his hand around ‘It should be number 1, I deserve nothing but the best.’

‘These are your room numbers, I hope you like them. And before you complain, young person in the audience that questioned my authority, I was going to give you room 1 but you pissed me off so deal with it.’ The knowing smirk on the young man’s face boiled Xiumin’s blood and the moment the assembly finished he stormed out of the hall and involuntarily made his way to the dorms.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The first room he passed by was not in fact room number one. It was room number 26 which was later followed by room 123, which made absolutely no sense. But Xiumin did come to the conclusion he shouldn’t question the school’s system and get into any more trouble, so he simply walked along turning left here and right there until he found room numbered 2.

Slightly exhausted form reading an array of number in ranging colours, Xiumin didn’t even think twice before thanking the world he’s arrived and walking straight in. He also failed to notice the fact that all of the doors were floating in the air, not really an everyday scene.

The sight inside surprised him greatly. Before him was a hotel like area, presumably the living room, with the couch facing the T.V and the whole room being well lit in a bright light. A glass coffee table stood on a beige carpet which matched the light wood perfectly. Looking ahead, there was an open hole in the wall leading to a spacious kitchen combined with a dining room and to his left, was a corridor, presumably leading to the rooms. It was incredibly stunning.

Gaping at the view in complete silence, the brown haired boy took off his shoes, placing them next to the small cabinet, and walked gently onto the tiles, forgetting about his previous tiredness and annoyance about the room.

A low whistle of approval came from behind him and when he turned to see who was there, he was met with a tall man that had ginger hair nicely curled and big glasses that framed his face well.

‘Not bad at all.’ The man said with a grin on his face. Upon noticing Xiumin, he placed his bag down and reach a hand out.

‘Park Chanyeol, nice to meet you.’ He said a bit cautiously.

‘Kim Minseok, but I would rather you call me Xiumin.’ Minseok said as he shook the hand and smiled reassuringly at his new dorm mate. It could be worse, he admitted to himself, like the annoying kid with black hair could be here.

Suddenly, a loud voice pierced the air.

‘YOU!’ it shrieked ‘You are the creepy guy who was staring at me in the hall! Why the are you here? Do I have to share a room with a ?! Help! Somebody he-‘

‘OMG you are the rude guy who glared at me for no ing reason!’ Xiumin interrupted the others yelling with an accusing finger of his own.

 ‘WHAT?! You are the ing who couldn’t stop staring at me!’

‘HOW THE AM I A ?!’

‘YOU STARED AT ME!!’

‘DOESN’T MEAN I’M A !!’

‘OF COURSE IT DOES!’

‘WELL, YOU GLARED AT ME! DOES THAT MAKE YOU A E?!’

‘WHAT? OF COURSE IT DOESN’T!’

‘EXACTLY!

‘POINT TAKEN!’

‘ARE WE GOOD NOW?!’

‘YEAH!’

And the room turned back into silence as the raven head smiled shyly and promptly apologized to Xiumin for causing a fuss over nothing, to Chanyeol for startling him and to the now dispersing crowd for taking up their time. He then introduced himself as Do Kyungsoo, another first year who will be staying in this dorm.

Xiumin accepted the apology and was about to walk into the kitchen for further inspection when he realised there were two people walking around. One of them had sunglasses on top of his silver hair and was staring at an ugly painting on the wall while the other, with black hair and eyes outlined with eyeliner, was peering at the empty glass cabinet next to the T.V.

‘What?....How?....When?....’Chanyeol mumbled inspecting the two additional pairs of shoes next to his own.

‘Ah’ the eye-liner guy said look right at them ‘You done arguing now? To be quite honest I did think you’ll make it a bit more interesting but hey, you gotta work with what you get right? I’m Byun Baekhyun by the way and that one over there is Oh Sehun.’

Sehun gave them a small wave not even turning around to look at them. When asked if they knew each other, Baekhyun explained they both happened to walk into the room during the argument so they introduced themselves and went on with their own business.

Upon deciding that it was a good idea to get out of the door way, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo joined the others in exploring.

They moved just in time to avoid being hit by a tanned boy who so happened to stumble through the door, a soft looking boy behind him.

‘The hell man? Why did you just push me through the door?’ The darker skinned one looked very offended.

‘Huh?’ The other replied with an innocent look on his face.

‘Hey’ Kyungsoo started walking towards the accusing man to help him up ‘don’t blame other people for something you did okay? Now I’m Kyungsoo and that’s Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Sehun, Xiumin and..’

‘Yixing, Zhang Yixing.’

‘And Yixing. You are?’

‘Kim Jongin…’ he trailed off and walked away as far from Yixing as possible, but not before he thanked Kyungsoo for helping him up.

Soon after, a tall man walked in in a very fashionable and very expensive but very ugly attire, a red Gucci bag  hanging loosely from his arm. He stood there looking around while clicking his tongue for a few seconds and when he finally payed attention to the others, he said ‘Huang Zitao’ and took off his knee high boots to not stain the light wooden floor.

Then, the door slammed open once more and a tower, I mean guy, walked through. Unfortunately for him, he landed right onto his face upon tripping over Chanyeol’s bag that was still in the walkway. It was a surprise no one else tripped over it, really.

‘Owwwww’ the blond mutter while picking himself up from the floor and standing straight. He had very serious features which seemed to soften immediately when he smiled. Xiumin had to admit he was incredibly handsome. Maybe they could hook up.

‘Hello’ He started ‘I’m Wu Yi Fan but please call me Kris-‘

And before he knew it Kris was back on the floor and a soccer ball rolled over to Sehun’s feet. They heard a gasp from there doorway where a lavender haired boy stood looking at Kris in shame and worry.

‘I am so sorry Yifan, I really didn’t mean it! It just……..happened.’

Yifan stood up for the second time and although he was obviously in pain (judging by the fact he was rubbing his hand on the back of his head) he still gave the other a reassuring smile as he walked up to the crowd and stood with them facing the door.

The moment the two did that, a pale boy entered, stopping to pick up Chanyeol’s bag off the floor and moved to the group, unfazed by how 10 pairs of eyes followed his every step.

He moved the bag in front of the group and calmly said ‘Whoever this bag belongs to, I hope you don’t mind taking it before some unfortunate soul trips over it. I don’t think you want it crushed.’

‘A bit late for that.’ Minseok mumbled. Chanyeol quickly took the bag back and gave Kris an apologetic look.

‘I am Kim Junmyeon and I really hope we can all get along well.’ He seemed to shine a bright white light that was just too much for whatever evil and ruthlessness resided inside Xiumin, making him feel extremely guilty for whatever bad things he might have done in the past. Like stealing that cookie off his niece or ‘forgetting’ to hand in his assignment. In his defence, the cookies were real good.

It seemed that some of the others felt it as well as there was shuffling coming from around him.

Now, there was only one boy left to come and for some reason, it seemed a lot more nerve wracking because he was the last one to arrive and it’s been 3 minutes since Junmyeon walked in, 10 since Xiumin did, and he still wasn’t here.

After 6 more minutes of intense gawking at the door, as if in slow motion it started to open.

The 11 in the room all held their breaths and leaned forward as if the clump they were in was one being. They weren’t even blinking because of the anticipation.

The first thing they saw was a thigh wrapped in light blue trousers, black shirt with a white pattern of some sort of flowers on it and glittering pink scarf. Before they knew it the principal was in their room, presumably looking right at them but it was unclear due to his sunglasses.

‘Yes’ He said taking a deep breath in, as if smelling the air ‘I do like this setting, 11 unique boys all in one dorm ready to overcome their differences….…wait, 11? Where is number 12?’ When the little crowd shook their heads and shrugged the principal let out a sigh as he turned around and yelled out the door.

‘Jonghyun! What the did I tell you? No, I know what I told you, so why the are there only 11 in this room? 12, I said 12 for this ing room not ing 11. God, can’t you do anything right?’

There was some audible grumbling and another man walked in dragging a figure behind his back. When the man, Jonghyun mast likely, was fully visible to everyone he lifted the figure he was dragging by its collar for them all to see.

It was a very cat like boy with lips that turned up slightly at the edges into a smile and his curly hair fell lightly into his eyes that were closed. His over position was a splitting image of a kitten being carried by its mother, his body was curled up in mid-air and Jonghyun seemed to have no problems holding him with one hand.

‘This on here is number 12 Minho. Kim Jon-‘

‘JONGDAE!!!’ Baekhyun screamed and ran towards him, not hesitating to take him off of Jonghyun and hugged the living day light out of the late comer.

‘OMG this is ganna be the best year eva!’ When he heard the confused chatter, Baekhyun stood straighter, realising his hold on Jongdae, and said:

‘Guys, this is my best friend Kim Jongdae. We are basically brothers and I am ever so happy that I can share our amazingness with all of you in full form. We are like, one.’ He finished and Jongdae just laughed a full-hearted laugh at his eager best friend and waved to everyone.

‘Well Jonghyun, I guess you are not as much of a up as I thought.’ Minho, the principal, said turning to face his right hand man. ‘Let’s go.’ And the two silently left, contemplating if putting Jongdae and Baekhyun in one dorm was a good idea.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After nearly 2 hours of trying to settle down and get used to the new surroundings, the 12 boys gathered in the living room.

‘Alright, we are about to discuss the most important thing we can. I hope you will all take this as a very serious matter.’ Junmyeon was saying. The others all shared his serious expression and nodded along to his words.

‘Right’ he let out a gust of air from his chest ‘roommates.’

Gasps were heard ricocheting off the walls as Junmyeon sighed once again and placed a hand on his chest.

‘That’s right, I checked the rooms and there are only 4…that means 3 per room.’

Luhan quickly raised his hand and when he got approval from the speaker he stated ‘Isn’t 3 per room a bit much? I can barely stand sharing a room with oxygen let alone 2 other full grown men.’

He got cheers of agreement form the rest but they were short lived as Junmyeon raised his hands.

‘It is much and I do understand how you feel, but we have no other option. For now, let’s distribute ourselves and if any serious problems arise we will work out a way to solve them.’ It seemed that the pale boy took it upon himself to arrange the groupings and no-one had the heart to complain to a magnificent human like him.

‘I will sleep in the first room on the left with Sehun and Kris. The second room on the left will belong to Xiumin, Yixing and Luhan. First room on the right is Kyungsoo’s, Jongdae’s and Baekhyun’s while the last one is Jongin’s, Chanyeol’s and Zitao’s.’

Whether it was the smile on his face or hope in his eyes, Junmyeon got no protests as all of the boys moved into their respective rooms.

 

 

Xiumin didn’t particularly mind sharing a room with those two, they seemed like cool guys and as long as they weren’t too loud he was fine.

It was fairly easy to decide who slept on which bed and which part of the built in closet belonged to who, so they had more than enough time to relax before dinner.

None of them spoke until Yixing, being the polite person he came off as, started a conversation.

‘So, I think it’ll be good to get to know each other better. I’ll introduce myself first then. My full name is Zhang Yixing, as you already know, and I am a medicine student from China. I like helping people and overall don’t really fancy arguments. How about you guys?’

Xiumin and Luhan exchanged glances and signalled which one will respond to the adorable guy first.

‘I’m Lu Han, but Han tends to sound a bit off to people so I let them call me Luhan. I really enjoy sports, especially soccer, and I hope to be able to join the soccer team in this school. I am also from China.  That’s about it.’

‘I go by Xiumin because I’m not too comfortable when people scream my real name at me but if we do get closer you can call me Minseok. I also love sports, mainly soccer, and I’m not a big fan of loud noises. Also can I just add both of your hair is amazing, like really cool.’

The other two thanked him with shy smiles and the trio in this room talked about hair and fangirls as well as sport for a long time. They got along really well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In the room across, a tanned man was sitting cross-legged on the floor with a terrified expression on his face.

Zitao, one of his roommates, was circling him, observing every move like a hawk. His face was serious and the eye bags made him look like a gangster in Fendi clothing.

‘You would make a great model you know? The muscles are good, your body proportions are good and you have a good face.’ Zitao muttered without stopping his eye exploration.

‘You know what?’ He slurred while sitting down opposite Jongin and leaning forward ‘I could make you my person al model. I would make you clothes and style you well, if you wanted to of course.’ His gaze pierced through Jongin and he felt quite attacked, for the second time that day.

A deep and raspy laugh saved him from replying. Chanyeol stopped fixing his guitar for a few moments and looked at Zitao.

‘Lay off him Tao, you’re scaring the living day light out of the poor boy.’ He chuckled again and Tao glanced at him in disapproval.

‘Sometimes, you just got to be pushy you know Chan? It’s a fact.’ Tao said while advancing even closer to Jongin’s face.

And then a second spark of saviours light saved the tanned boy.

‘Tao? Chan? How come your so friendly?’

Chanyeol got up, gently placing his guitar on the white sheets and joined them on the floor. He explained how they have actually worked with each other before as models and even managed to dig out a few photoshoot pictures from magazines.

Stunned for a second by the fact he was sitting with two celebrities in the room, Jongin ended up admitting to also having been in a few magazines and wearing light makeup. He was a dancer, a well-liked one at that.

‘Looks like we’ll get along just fine then.’ Zitao slurred once more, hugging the other two tightly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon, Kris and Sehun also didn’t to have a lot of problems getting along. Well, it wasn’t exactly getting along.

The youngest one ordered the other two to unpack him the moment they entered the room and now seemed entranced by his own mobile. He never took his eyes of it, even when answering a question. Sehun really didn’t seem to care about what was going on around him as long as he gets what he wants, because even when Kris sat down on him, he didn’t budge.

‘Junmyeon, I think we have a stubborn one over here.’ The tower said to the angel ‘We’ll have to work hard on him.’

Junmyeon only smiled and nodded at the two and continued folding Sehun’s clothes into the closet.

Personally, he had no problems babying one of the other dorm mates, as long as they were respectful and kind. Sehun hasn’t been too bad so far yet Junmyeon did understand what Yifan was saying. It could get a lot worse from here.

‘You know you could break his bones Kris?’ He said when he noticed how Kris was now slightly bounding on Sehun’s stomach to get his attention.

‘He’ll be fine.’ Kris responded, the confidence of his statement audible in his tone.

After another few moments of silence in which Junmyeon managed to finish doing Sehun’s bidding, he demanded they gather for dinner. At the mention of food, Sehun shot up out of his position (making Kris fall to the floor) and ran out screaming ‘FOOD’ once and into the kitchen.

At the call, all the other doors slammed open and a hoard of hungry teenagers ran to the kitchen. Junmyeon was impressed how in sync the whole group was at the mention of food. He picked Kris up from the floor and tugged Jongdae the right way as the poor boy kept walking into the walls due to his eyes still being closed.

The sight was incredible when the three entered. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were preparing the food, apparently soup, and the rest were sat in ‘roommate’ order, leaving 5 seats open. They sat down and soon enough, the food was ready.

The table was covered in warm chatter and food consumption, all problems of the world seemingly forgotten. It was a fun evening.

Baekhyun was helping Jongdae eat and Kyungsoo was discussing cook books with Chanyeol, who, for the majority of the time, simply nodded along. Tao was still harassing Jongin to be his model while Sehun sat poker faced staring at an empty bowl. Luhan and Xiumin were arguing over the best football team and Yixing tried to calm then down in their heat. Kris was trying to figure out how a kitten and a puppy can be best friends and Junmyeon watched the scene unfold.

Truly a lovely dinner.

Later, none of the boys had any problems with falling asleep, in wait for the next day.

--------------------------------

A/N: So i'm supposed to be revising but this fic was jut at the back of my mind and I wanted to finish it so yeah, here you have the first chapter. I'm not a really funny person so please do pardon the lack of comedy and yes, the last part is a bit rushed because I have 2 days left before the 2 week exams start and I need to revise. I hope you enjoyed it!

P.S. It's nearly 4K, so it's like the longest thing I wrote so far.