The Way

The Way
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 The words that are in italic and written in a special way is the song lyric.

[Song: The Way by Ariana Grande]

 

 

I love the way you make me feel
I love it, I love it
I love the way you make me feel
I love it, I love it

You give me that kind of something
Want it all the time, need it everyday
On a scale of one to ten I'm at a hundred
Never get enough, I can’t stay away

 

It had been 2 months since I was left by Luhan because he needed to go to his hometown, China. It was actually 2 months but it felt like 2 years. I never hated holiday, but with a heavy heart, I would say it. I hated holiday. Only this time, I didn’t promise. But this feeling, this feeling was killing me slowly. I meant, I just needed him now. Like, right now.

Couldn’t he just appear right now? I mean, right now.

Because really, I had been feeling tired waiting for the plane which brought Luhan back to me. I mean brought Luhan back to Korea. Missing him was tiring. Not seeing him just for one day already made Luhan never got lost from my mind, which had been fully sabotaged by him.

Now I regretted that I had refused his offer few weeks ago. He asked me to follow him to fly to China, seeing his big family –mostly his mother– whom he loved the most. I thought that would be a great idea, remembering I really wanted to go to China too. But I refused his offer, I tought I would be fine without him here, whilst the reality was totally unexpected.

Missing someone is tiring, but gives you the sensation which I couldn’t describe with words at once. It made me know, I couldn’t live without him. Tired because this feeling was unable to be expressed.

I stared at my phone screen that I purposily just to see the wallpaper which I used for my homescreen. That was my picture. I didn’t even have the self-confidence to set my own picture as my wallpaper. I mean, look at that someone beside me. A boy with his honey-brown hair that I really missed to touch hugging me with his right hand. I smiled. Oh maybe only God who could explain how much I missed the boy.

I lift my head up and diverted my eyes from my phone screen, only to see that certain guy with his honey-brown hair was walking out from the entrance. Even when he was wearing a dark sunglasses which perfectly matched on his handsome face, I knew he was looking for someone in the midst of the passangers who was passing. Indeed the place where I was standing at was not a strategic place.

My feelings was now exploding. Thinking that my days would go normally like before after Luhan was back in here. I didn’t even bother to call him nor give him a sign that I was actually here. I saw him having a hard time looking for me until he found me who was staring at him, smiling. Then a smile made its way to his lips, making the God’s creature on Luhan’s face looked more perfect. He headed right towards me, and the smile on my face had not dissapeared yet.

Luhan wasn’t the type of guy who liked to waste time. So right after he placed himself right in front of me, standing, he brought me to his embrace and I hugged him back. I could feel the scent of him that I always missed, the warmth of his embrace that I never got in my life from anyone except from him. I hugged him tight, trying to make him know that my feelings coudn’t be dammed anymore, that I couldn’t bear the feelings anymore if Luhan had to go again leaving me alone.

Yeah I might seem overreacted, I was left for 2 months. It was not that bad, but put the blame on my feelings that always needed him everytime. Luhan always got to make me like this, and I hated that feeling.

After I had separated myself from him, I took the sunglasses which was still perched on his nose. With that, I could see clearly his deer eyes that was staring at mine.

“Stop looking at me in that way Lu, you scared me.”

“I miss you, idiot.”

 

 

If you want it, I got it, I got it everyday
You can get whatever you need from me
Stay by your side, I’ll never leave you
And I ain’t going nowhere 'cause you’re a keeper

 

I was right, wasn’t I? Everthings felt so right if he was here, with me. I was at the balcony of my room with Luhan who was standing right next to me with his appearance which made me like him more. Look, he only wore shorts that stopped on his knee and a black shirt. He really was a home-based guy. His house was right next to mine, with the balcony which was right in front of mine.

“Sooyoung-ah.” I loved it when he called my name with his low voice.

“Hm?” I turned my face towards him, waiting him to say something.

“Can I ask for something from you?” I remained silent for a while, thinking what the serious thing was which possibly he would want from me. His deer eyes stared at me, with a serious gaze. Now I and him were standing face-to-face.

“What is it? Tell me.”

“Can you stand there in front of me with your back facing me?” I stared at him with a questioning look, what would he possibly want me to do? But I followed his instructions nonetheless. I turned my body facing Luhan’s balcony while my two hands touched the fence that separated my balcony with Luhan’s.

The night breeze in autumn blew slightly, brushing my cheeks and I still had not heard anything from Luhan, and he didn’t do anything yet.

“Now what?”

Right after I asked him, I could feel his arms wrapping my waist from behind. I was a bit confused, didn’t he say he wanted something from me?

“Let me do this for a while okay? I still miss you. Moreover, you don’t feel it? It’s so cold tonight, Sooyoung.” He said as he tightened the hug.

I let him rested his chin on my shoulders, I could feel his breath tickling the skin of my neck. “So you just want to give me a back hug like this?”

“Hm.”

I chuckled at his honest confession.

“Luhan you don’t even have to ask me to do this. Do it all you want and I wouldn’t mind even if it’s until tomorrow morning.”

“Really? Then I can get this from you as well anytime, all I want.” After he was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter