[PART 2] He is our son.

Is he your son ?

 

-Youngbae: -What ? M-My son?

He kneels down at Minho to see him closer.

-Minho: -Omma.. Why Taeyang is here? Is he appa??

Both of you begin to smile... Once again, his insight impresses you.

-Youngbae: -Aaaw, you know me ??

Minho nods..

-Youngbae: Come on. Let appa hug you!

He says with teary-eyes.. You are moved by his reaction, it makes you forgetting all the rancor …

-You: -Hum.. Minho, my love… Listen, Youngbae... Taeyang is your daddy.

 

Your son start to jump of excitement: you didn’t expect this reaction from him, but he makes you laugh: the sadness in your face also has gone!

Minho is indeed a fanboy of Taeyang, but you never talked about the fact that Youngbae is actually his father.

 

Minho holds Youngbae’s hand and brings him until his bedroom

-Minho: -Come on! I’ll show you all my toys.

 

Youngbae followed him and they start playing together. You are standing here and you are watching them.  

Minho is a joyful boy. But you notice that is expression of happiness is different: he's more at ease with Youngbae, he doesn't stop talking, and Youngbae can't take off his eyes from his son.

What a beautiful scene! You enjoy this moment, but some questions are whirling in your head: how many time he will stay here? What will be consequences for his career? How Minho will react when Youngbae will go? … and then:

 -Minho: Taeyang … Now, you will stay with us forever right?

 

 

You stare at Youngbae, because you expect his answer.

-Youngbae: Hum… You know, because of appa’s job, I have to go … but I’ll come back soon.

Minho doesn’t answer because of disappointment... So, Youngbae gently his hair and says:

-Youngbae: Don’t be sad.. I’m here for few days.

-Minho: That’s great!!

 

They played together until 12pm

-Youngbae: I got to go now. And Yeonra, bye. Thank you for letting me meet my son.

-You: Don’t say such things! No need to say thank you!

He opened the door to leave, and you say:

I’ll won’t be at home tomorrow, because I’ll be at work, but if you want come back to visit Minho, don’t hesitate… * while you look down, because you are shy* He will be with the baby-sitter.

Youngbae smiles: he is surprised by your offer… He holds your hand and answers:

-Youngbae: My pleasure!

 

***

 

Monday morning, you receive a text from the baby-sitter :

“Hi YeonRa,

I’ll be late today. I’m so sorry.

I have a problem with my car;

I’ll do all my best to come asap”

 

-You: WHAAAAAT!!! No no no! It’s not possible, I got to go now, or I’ll be late for my first day at work!!!

OMG, Minho (you run to him) listen: Do you remember, mom starts working today.

*He’s watching cartoons at TV* Look at me baby, Natasha (baby-sitter) will be late, but mom must go. Could you stay alone few minutes?

He nods.

-You: Look at me it’s very important: finish your breakfast, watch TV, don’t touch the cooker, if you are hungry,  eat the cake, it’s here on table. DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR TO ANYONE, except if it’s the baby-sitter Natasha. Is it ok?

-Minho: Yes mommy! I will be very quiet

-You: Aaaaw good boy ! I love you so much my son! You know it, right?

He nods again.

 

You left, but with some fear… You pray for Natasha comes quickly!

 

You came at your new job with few minutes in late. Your boss warns you that he will not let this happens again!

And this is how you start your first day at work..

 

It’s now 10am, you waited 2 hours before to call your baby-sitter from your office:

-You: Hello Natasha, is Minho fine?

-Natasha: W-What? You didn’t receive my text?? I tried to call you many times… Because on my way to come at your home, I had an accident, I’m okay but my car is unusable so… I’m not with Minho"

 

You stand up immediately, you look for your phone in your bag, and you notice that there are 3 missed call and one message text... You didn’t hear it because it was on silent mode.

-You: WHAT!!!!

Your legs shake!! You go to your boss’s office to explain him that you have to go because your son is alone at home. He exceptionally let you leave, but in one condition: you have to send him the file by email for 11:30am, for his meeting.

 

You run as fast as you can to your car and go until your home. You climbing stairs and enter.    -Minho!!!! Please answer it’s mom!! Minho!!!

You looking for him in all parts of the house! You heart beat more and more fast!

You were about to call the police when you noticed a sheet of paper on the fridge:

“IT’S YOUNGBAE, MINHO AND I WENT TAKE A RIDE AT PARK.

JOIN US IF YOU READ THIS, WE HAVE TO TALK ABOUT SOME THINGS!”

 

-You : OMG !! Thanks God !

You cried a little moment; You never felt a fear like today before. But you wipe your tears to join them.

 

When you see Youngbae, you yell :      

-Are you serious? Do you know that I was about to call the police!!! Why didn't you call me!

Youngbae is stunned!! But then, he yelled too:

-Youngbae: Excuse me? But I have to ask you if YOU are serious? Minho stayed alone during 2 hours !! Imagine what could happened during this time !!!  And, I don’t even have your phone number!

You don’t answer because you know that he’s right. You sit down on the bench, call Minho and he comes:

-You: How are you my love? I’m so sorry, you stayed at home alone !

-Minho: Yes, but I’m fine! I’m a big boy now!!

You hug him:

-You: Yes my love!! You're the best son that a mom can dream to have!!

He kisses you and returns to play with other kids.

 

You cry because you realize that what happened could have been worse.

-You: What kind of mom am I? I’m a bad mom… I don’t deserve to have a lovely son like him.

-Youngbae: Hey!! Calm down, look at him, he’s fine! Also, it’s not your fault…

-You: Don’t you realize? He’s my reason for living… If something happens to him, I swear, I’ll never.. never

-Youngbae: Don’t say that! Thanks God he’s well! You are a very good mommy: you raised him by yourself during 4 years, he’s a healthy, nice, well-mannered and smart boy.

He wipes your tears, and turn your head to face him.

-Youngbae: Listen! I am so thankful to you, because you gave me an awesome and wonderful son. He’s now the most important thing in my life, just like you; so, let me take care of you… I want to be with you forever. Let me be a good husband and a good father for our son. Even if you don’t need me… now I know that I can’t be without you.

-You : Youngbae… I… I don’t know

-Youngbae: Don’t give me a reply now, think first about it.

Your phone rings, this is your boss. You check what time it is, and you noticed that it’s already noon.

You don't answer, because you already know what the matter is.

You wait until the phone stops ringing, and you listen to your voicemail.

“YEONRA, I WAITED UNTIL NOON, BUT I STILL HAVEN’T RECEIVE THE FILE. I THINK YOU KNOW WHAT DOES IT MEAN? : YOU’RE FIRED !! YOU DON'T HAVE ANY PROFESSIONAL SKILLS, YOU WERE IN LATE THIS MORNING, AND DON’T CARRY ON YOUR TASKS PROPERLY. I CAN’T KEEP A P.A LIKE YOU”

As he was yelling, Youngbae has listened everything.

 

-Youngbae: I think I’ll have an answer sooner than I expected…

-You: Don’t tease me, It’s not funny…

-Youngbae: I’m serious… I really want to take care of you. I hope that one day, you will be able to forgive me.

 I return to my hotel now.. See you;

He lays a kiss on your cheek and go.

 

You watching him leave, and you think about his proposition;

You take a deep breath and call him:

-You: Youngbae!! Wait… *running toward him*  Hum.. Won’t you stay with us for dinner?

 

He stares you and has a wide smile… He understand that you want him to stay..

 

You prepare good dishes for them. You are very happy, because for the first time, you feel like you have a real and complete family… 

 

*END*