Dusk (rewrite)

Sun Will Rise Again

 

Jinki was making his way towards school gates after his school time. He was in so in book reading that he doesn't see where exactly he is going which results him to falling on floor after bumping into someone.

"Ouch" 
"oh sorry Onew, I didn't see, i was in hurry, let me help you"

when Jinki move his head up he came face to face of his friend Lee Joon. But then his breath hitched because of the closeness of their faces. 'Damn that face. Those eyes with depth of sea and those full kissable lips. If only i wasn't in love with that idiot.' 

He composed his attire and cursed himself for his clumsiness. Well its not new to him tumbling or falling because he was born clumsy well thats what his grandpa keeps telling him. And its also not new for him to stumble across Joon during school hours. Joon's crush for him is known to all even their teachers known how much Joon admires Jinki and keeps trying to take Jinki on date. But Jinki is so much in love with his best friend Taemin that he can't accept Joon's offer. And why not in love with Taemin with cute dimpled smile which shows pearl white teeths when he give full smile, chocolate brown eyes with dashes of red and a sharp jaw line to go with that face. 

"Are you alright Onew?" Joon's voice snatched him from daydreaming.

"Yeah i am alright.Its my fault too I was so engaged in book I didn't see you coming."

 "Nay it's OK. No problem at all." 

With that he leaned towards my face making him take step back but was not able to because of lockers. "By the way are you free today. How about i take you new restaurant opened a few days ago"

Jinki grimaced inside for the reply he was going to give Joon but he has to do it 
"Sorry Joon i am busy today, me and my friends are going to celebrate Taemin's younger brother's birthday today."

"Sigh. Well its alright maybe next time. Take care and give wishings to Jongin for me. K bye" and he walked away after winking in his direction.

With that Joon sprinted towards the gate leaving Jinki alone in lobby. Suddenly he felt a hand on his shoulder. Tilting his head he saw his other friends Key and Jonghyun. Well this two idiots are in love and now they are secretly dating well almost secretly as Jinki knows their secret. Taemin, Key's own cousin is not aware of this affair as Taemin is more intrested in getting Minho's attraction and earning money. Jinki, Joon, Key, Jonghyun and Taemin are good friends but still Taemin somehow always out-of-loop and mainly unavailable.

"Hey Jinki why don't you just accept his offer because he really loves you. Hmm."

"Key is right, Taemin is not going to let go his obsession towards Minho. So why not you let go your feeling towards him. How much this Joon like you. Don't yo.."

Jinki cut his sentence in mid, start talking while making his way towards gate. "Nope. It's not happening, not until I confess my feelings for him. If he rejects me then I am happy that atleast I confessed. Got it"
 he gave his charming smile.

Key and Jonghyun sighed and let the matter go as they know their clumsy friend is going to hurt himself at the end as they already knows that Taemin has taken next step in his plan to get-married-to-Minho-to-get-his-property while working at restaurant where Minho is Manager. Yes he works there and 2 more places all thanks to Jinki just because Jinki can recruite him without showing himself. Ofcourse Taemin still thinks that its Minho who offered him all this jobs.
Well Taemin was not that much of money greedy in past but an accident occurred in his life where his Mother lost her life after that and he and his father was not able to save her because of money problem. From that day Taemin's father became ruthless for the world get himself only 2 goals first earning money and second give his sons a good life. From that day Jinki, Key and Jonghyun lost their innocent childish friend Taemin which is now mature confident working high school scholarship student. Now he doesn't smiles much and if he does its only for Minho. Just as his mother died he searched for job to help his father and he got job in restaurant without knowing that he is working under Jinki.

Today he is going to confess his feeling at Taemin's younger brother Kai's birthday party. Kai already knows about Jinki's feelings for his brother and he is excitingly going to support his soon to be brother-in-law.

With this thoughts in his mind Jinki drove towards house along with Key and Jonghyun as all three of them going to get ready at Onew's place for party. 

As for Jinki's family, Jinki's parents died when he was 10 year old and only left him with grandfather who was overseas most of the time but he loves his Onew more then any thing else. Onew is only heir of his company which has chain of restaurants among this one is where Minho works at Manager. Onew's grandfather has assigned him some restaurants. This info is unknown to Taemin as Onew doesn't want to make him think that he himself is different.

~~~

Taemin is working having his constant gaze upon Minho who was instructing staff about some important matter. Taemin is checking him with his eyes.
'How exactly I am supposed to tell him my feelings? As today is the last day of school so it would be impossible for me to meet him there and he won't be here all the time. So I need to tell him today'
With that thought Taemin walk towards Minho. He has just sent other staff to their work and making his way towards his office. But before he enter office Taemin caught his wrist.

"Minho.." 

"What happened Taemin. Do you need something?" 

"No I actually need to talk to you.... In private". 

"Sure get into my office".

So they both entered into the office. Taemin start talking while keeping his eyes closed to gain some courage.

"Minho I want to tell you that... ummm. I kinda ... Minho I like you. I really like you not as friend but more then that. I start liking you since the kindergarden. But that feeling start to increase day by day. I don't know what to do. I just want to tell. .." with that Taemin trailed off with opening his eyes and looking towards the place where Minho was standing just now but now that place is empty. Just when Taemin thought that he has finally confessed but not, he was just rumbling in his own as Minho rejected him. 

Taemin's eyes got watery but he controlled his posture and didn't let his tears fall. He made is way towards staff room to change his clothes as his shift is completed and he need to prepare for party. After changing his clothes Taemin makes his way to house.

~~~

Jinki, Key and Jonghyun has arrived earlier to party preparation. They were at final preparation when Taemin enter into house, he was surprised to see fully decorated house and his friends. Jinki gave Taemin his charming smile.

"So Taemin how is it? Jongin will like it or not.."

"Of course Onew he will like it, he will love it. Thanks guys. Thank you so much."

"Actually Tae it was Onew's idea. Not ours.." Key informed him

"Really Onew?? Its awesome. Let me get prepared then we can call Jongin and Dad to be hear. K"

"OK"
3 yelled in unison.

When Taemin entered his bedroom he once again remembered Minho's rejection and felt like crying. He just set there back facing the wall and door ajar. Suddenly he heard Key's voice..

"Jinki its now or never. Just confess your feeling today or I m going to do it for you. This is your last chance as from next week you are going to get busy.."

"I will do it today. After cake was served OK."

With that Taemin was not able to hear any voice. He got confused 'Onew, confession, what is this all'. Putting that aside he let himself indulge in  drinking. Till the cake was served he beyond drunk.

~~~

When cake was served and Onew's texted him to meet him in balcony. He made his way towards balcony where nervous looking Jinki was standing. As Taemin enters Jinki starts telling him everything.

"Tae I li.. I want to tell you that I liked you no I love not as friend but as man from..". 
Taemin saw Minho's face in place of Jinki because of his drunken state. He stop 'Minho's' blubbering by kissing him on lips. The sweet kiss which was started by lips turned into tongue's battle. Taemin just doesn't think of any reason why Minho tastes this sweet, well taste of cake was there and it was heaven. Jinki was in clouds, Taemin was kissing him, he is getting intimated with him. Finally Taemin was his, after all patience his love is accepted. 

"I love you too. I love you so so much" Taemin replied back to him. Drunk Taemin was dragging Jinki into his room. Jinki wanted to interrupt him but he was still in euphoria and too much happiness. With that they spent night altogether in Taemin's bed with Taemin's final confession to sleeping Jinki "I love you Minho". 

Next Morning when Taemin gets up from his slumber he was happy Minho has accepted and returned his confession. Minho is in his bed. When he turned around he came face to face with Jinki instead of Minho.

'What the hell? Where is Minho?' He was about wake Jinki when his phone ringed and Minho name appeared there. Without hesitation he picked the phone.

"Hello"

"Hello Taemin, you must have misunderstood me when i didn't reply to your confession because of urgent call from mother. Please don't be mad. I will explain you. I also love you. I just didn't have that courage to confess. Please say something. You are angry, aren't you?"

"No, Minho. I am not angry well i was angry at first but not now.."

"Thanks a lot. Lets go on some date. What do you say?"

"Sure"
 
 And he just need to clear Onew's misunderstanding about him accepting his confession and night before. As that was just mistake for him and he doesn't love Onew. He was under the effect of excess alcohol. 

Taemin feel some movement on other side of bed. Jinki is waking up.

As soon as Jinki opens his eyes he met with Taemin's face. He felt really happy. Like he has got his family back. He smiled and gives peck on Taemin's cheek.

 "Good morning Tae"

But then he furrows, something is not right. Taemin was not looking at him.

"Tae what happened".

"Shut up"

"Tae what !! What happened why are you angry"

"I m not angry. But I want you out of my house. Now. Listen last night was a mistake. I was just angry on Minho, i was heavily drunk and when you confessed i thought of Minho not you. I Am sorry Onew. If now you don't want to be my friend then its OK. After last night its very natural. Sorry Onew."

Jinki listened every thing attentively. His heart was cracking with each words. He felt like used. Like his body drained with energy. Tears drops threatening to fell but he got his composer before Taemin stops talking and turns to face him. He give him an bitter smile, in mind set to let Taemin think that he was OK. Really OK. But he was not OK. 

Without single word Jinki collected his cloth, dressed himself and get out of the room. But as soon as he step out of room he was jerked in another room that was Jongin's. Pair of arms wrapped around him and he broke down on chest of owner of hands that is Jongin.

"Sorry Onew. So sorry. If i had known that that bastard was going to do this with you then I would never had left you alone with him. sorry sorry sorry.".

Along with Jinki Jongin also start crying while chanting 'sorry'. After an hour when cries changed into sobs Jongin brought  Jinki to bed and made his way toward Taemin's room. Jinki already knows what Jongin was up to, so he stops Jongin with wrist ..
"no Kai you are not doing anything just sit here and let me make a call. I need to be in house for celebration. "
"But Onew he nee.."

"no he did not need to be punished as he is getting his happiness after so many years I am happy for him"

"But Onew you are.."

"KAI. I TOLD YOU..."

 " OK hyung. But he will get his karma back"

Then Jinki called his private chauffeur to take him home.

" Hello I need my car at Taemin's place now."

"Are you going now. You need breakfast I can make you one"

"No Kai. Its OK. My car will be here in twenty minutes. No need to suffer. But one thing take care of yourself. I won't be coming here anymore. So call me when you need something. K. "

 "OK Hyung. I will miss you.".

~~~

After 20 minutes Jinki's car arrived. Taemin thought that Minho has arrived so he went out of his own room to meet Minho. But then he met with Jinki and Jongin near car. Jinki didn't made any eye contact with him, well he was hurt but he knows Jinki will recover soon. So he stand nearby wall. When Jinki got into car and Jongin made his way towards house gate he stops Jongin to ask him.

"Why did Minho send his car to receive Onew. Wasn't Minho supposed to pick me in that car?"

Jongin get confused, he knows it was Onew's car which Minho use for his own. And everyone knows that Minho doesn't own his own car because of his family economic crises.

"What are you talking about, that was Onew's car. Which Jinki give Minho time to time for his help in business.."

"What. But I thought that it was Minho's car. why did he need to burrow Jinki's car when he can afford his own"

"How did you got that idea. Did Minho told you?!! "

"What idea? That he has expensive car. Ofcourse by common sense as he is the heir of Lee Corporation he must have enough money to buy those kinda cars."

"What are you idiot. Lee Corporation..".

Jongin stops in mid sentence in telling Taemin that Lee corporation's heir is one and only Jinki, but then he remembered his promise to Jinki to not to tell Taemin Jinki's economic background. He shakes his head pity his brother and makes his way towards his room.

Outside Taemim gets confused first but then waits for Minho at his gates. About half an hour Minho appeared in same Jinki's car. When Taemin questioned him about the car then Minho informed him that Jinki let him burrow his car specially for date. Taemin again get confused as he thought Minho as heir of Lee corporation must be having so many cars so why Jinki's car but he discarded the thought till end of the evening.

~~~

At Jinki's mansion as soon as Jinki arrived there he met with happy looking Key and Jonghyun but as soon as they saw Jinki's tear stained face they got worried. As they entered mansion, Jinki told his chaffuer to take car to Minho's for date. Key was the first to talk..

"What happened Onew, why are you like this?? Did something happened?"
Jinki broke down, he dropped to his knees while crying.

"Key he doesn't love me he ...
And then he told them everything, Key and Jonghyun hugged him. One thing they didn't know was Jinki's grandfather was listening everything at door but not let them know. 
Sighing defeated he made his way to his room and called Taemin's father. What Taemin and Jinki doesn't know that elders know about their closeness as they already thought that they will marry their child after graduation. But it looks like its not goona happened. After 3 rings Heechul, Taemin's father  attended the call..

"Hello sir, how are you?"

"I am fine Heechul. Actually I called you to inform that please don't bring Taemin with you as I am breaking this marriage arrangement."

"But why sir I thought they are perfect"

"No they can't be, as Taemin is in love Jinki's cousin Minho"

" is that so, sorry sir I didn't know  that . So meet you there ."

"na its OK. No need to worry."