Love is an Open Door; Deulrim

Because of You

Even though Suhyun tried to shut me out of her life, I constantly forced my way back into it. I attended every award ceremony, every event, and graduation she participated in. The night mother and father left, I was heartbroken. For some reason they seemed avoid Suhyun as well, even more than they had ignored her before. I feel like I know the reason why, but I couldn't remember. It was after that one accident that everything changed. I was told that I had fallen off the stage while dancing by myself, which I could understand. I'm quite a clumsy oaf. When our parents died, Suhyun isolated herself from everyone else... including me. She never hired new workers so our maids and butlers slowly left or retired on their own, leaving behind only a scarce few who were loyal to us. I began to do everything alone. I went to school alone, ate dinner alone, and it almost seemed like I lived by myself in that house. I gave up on trying to force my way back into Suhyun's life and decided to just leave her be. 

To my surprise, she was the first one to reach out and try to reconnected our severed ties. 

"Hi," she said, a smile trying to form itself on her face to no avail.

"Hey," I replied softly, my gaze falling to the ground.

"How've you been?"

"Good."

Our conversation was slow and awkward. I refused to make eye contact with her, but I could feel that she was really trying to make up for pushing me away. She placed a hand on my shoulder, and I looked the other way. I could hear her sigh softly. 

"I'm sorry," she apologized. "I'm a terrible sister, I know I am. It's just... it's really complicated. I wish I could tell you everything, but I can't. I really can't. The past should just remain buried for now. I don't want to hurt you anymore than I have." 

Though it had been forever since the last time we spoke, I felt a pang in my heart. I couldn't help but forgive her right then and there. She was my sister after all, and I loved her. I looked up and smiled brightly, watching as she smile as well.

"I forgive you," I replied, holding my arms out. "I've missed you, and congratulations on passing the bar. I always knew you could do it."

She took in a deep breath and hugged me tightly. "You've always been my number one cheerleader."

We shared a giggle before walking and talking, trying to catch up however we could. We laughed like we did in the old days. I told her about my experiences in school and how I am near the brink of failing. She chuckled and told me to do better, as she always did to encourage me. She would share her experiences from high school, and I would grin at the similar situations we went through. It was as if we were never seperated. She had grown so much since the last time I'd really interacted with her, as if she went through a time travel machine and came back. The years went by in a flash after all. I was already twenty-one, and my sister was twenty-five by this time. 

Before too long, a handsome, young man approached us with a smile on his face. His smile made his eyes almost disappear. Maybe because it was so blindingly attractive. His hair was lightly fluffed and swept to one side, tinted red. His skin was so fair and clear. I was jealous. I looked to Suhyun and she shrugged, quirking a brow.

"H-hello?" Suhyun greeted.

The young man bowed and waved. "Hey. Remember me?"

Suhyun looked to me, and I shrugged as well. Suhyun shook her head lightly and turned back to him, "Who?"

He chuckled again and held his hand out, taking Suhyun's hand before placing a kiss softly against the back of it, causing her to turn redder than his hair. I looked at her with envious yet teasing eyes, giggling at the display. 

"Jung Jin Young, the son of the president of Bass Industries. We're the leading brand of headphones and hearing wear on the market. I'm a bit hurt you don't remember me. I was your classmate in high school, afterall," he replied, grinning widely as he stood up straight.

"Oh," Suhyun gasped. "I-I'm sorry. I wasn't very acquainted with others in school..."

He chuckled and nodded, looking down at the floor for a second before looking back up. "It's quite all right. Ah-" We all looked up as a slow song began playing over the speakers. Jinyoung looked to Suhyun again and offered her his arm this time. "Would you care to dance?" 

She looked to me for permission, and I scooted her along with grin. Suhyun nodded at Jinyoung before taking his arm and being led to the dance floor. She kept glancing back at me and I signaled to her, telling her to have fun. As for me, I decided to scope out the dance floor for some cute guys. My sister seemed to attract one in no time, maybe I could, too. There were so many cute boys at this party, and I was determined to fetch myself one. Besides, all these years and no luck with boys has been killing me. I'm becoming desperate. 

As I searched around, to my demise, I saw that there were also very cute girls at this party. With a huff, I went out on the dance floor by myself as Big Bang's "Fantastic Baby" began playing. I grinned widely. This was a dance I had learned long ago, when my love for dancing was first kindled. While dancing, however, one of my favorite charm bracelets went flying off my hand. I cursed myself quietly before scrambling to search for it, even going as far as getting on all fours to find it. I nearly got trampled by people passing by when a pair of hands came down and lifted me off the ground and onto my feet. 

"O-oh, thanks," I said in gratitude before dusting myself off and turning to look at the other. My jaw gaped slightly at the handsome fellow. Did I do it? Did I finally find a guy who was on his own? He let out a soft chuckle at my expression. His eyes were so puppy like, they were heart melting. His smile seemed to brighten up the room. His hair was bleach blonde and wind blown to the side. His lips were pouty and pink, and oh so irresistible. It took every fiber of my being not to suddenly attach myself to him. Scanning him up and down, I took in his outfit and realized he had a great sense of fashion as well. He wore a white, long sleeved dress shirt with a black and white striped tie. The white vest he wore perfectly accentuated his body. He wore tan slacks with a thin white belt and gray sneakers as opposed to dress shoes. The small chain hanging from his vest pocket jingled as he shifted positions, snapping his fingers in my face to wake me up.

"Hello?" He laughed lightly. "Spacing out there, miss?"

I shook my head and sighed dreamily with a goofy grin on my face. "Uh, sorry. I just... beauty..."

"What?"

"I said pretty. Look at those pretty flowers. Aha. Hah. Ha-" My laughter was dry and forced as I tried to hide my embarassment. 

He chuckled. "If you say so. Were you looking for something down there?" 

I nodded. "Yes... I was looking for my charm bracelet. It kind of flew off while I was dancing."

He tilted his head, furrowing his brows. "You seem to be quite the mess, miss." He smiled. "Thank goodness you're a cute mess. And, ah, I believe this belongs to you then." He held up my silver and crystal bracelet, letting it sparkle under the lights.

I squealed and took it from him. "Thank you. Thank you! Wait, did you call me cute?" I looked up at him, blushing as he grinned and nodded. 

"Indeed," he said, holding his hand out. "Care to take a walk and talk with me?"

My heart fluttered as I raised my shoulders and grinned so wide I thought I'd stretch my face out. I put my hand in his and nodded. "Please."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>__< This story will take on it's own kind of story soon, promise. I'll be straying further and further from the Frozen plot hopefully because I know how you all get bored knowing what happens next. ;p

You might be confused with how the guys look even though you'll be able to figure it out, but here's a list of references I used to describe them

Jinyoung - Baby Good Night Era (Kor)

Gongchan -  Beautiful Target Era (Jap)

Sandeul - What's Happening Era (Kor)

CNU - Baby Good Night Era (Jap)

Baro - Tried To Walk Era (Kor)