One

What goes around, comes all the way back around

----

Present day:

 

Kyuhyun doesn’t find the white walls of the infirmary room that interesting, they are far from that. But still he finds himself looking, no, staring at them more than focusing on the slightly older man by the door. The nurse murmurs something to the man, Kyuhyun is ignored. There’s a little laugh from the other male as he steps inside the room and Kyuhyun’s heart feels like bursting out. The nurse smiles and offers a chair.

 

Ryeowook thanks and sits down near the bed but not near enough for either one of them to touch.

 

When the nurse has left them, they sit in silence, Kyuhyun still pretending to find the walls interesting.

“Do you remember when we met for the first time?” Ryeowook’s tired voice echoes in the silent room and Kyuhyun’s lips curve into a small smile.

“Yeah”, he answers, still staring at the walls. He doesn’t want to see the crushed face of Ryeowook, the face of a heart broken man.

“Hmm. Do you realize, this is the same room?”

 

This time, Ryeowook is much more interesting than the walls. 

 

----

 

Year, one month and three days ago:

Meet Cho Kyuhyun who has the tendency to crash with people

 

Cho Kyuhyun couldn’t stop smiling. He was happy, he truly was and smiles kept creeping to his face even if he wanted to keep a poker face and be serious. He couldn’t, he was too happy. Happiness made funny things to persons like Kyuhyun. He smiled and smiled and sniggered and giggled to the smallest things. He acted like a kid; he acted way below his age. But that’s how he rolled: when he was happy, he wanted others to be happy too. He wanted to rub off his happiness.

 

He was so happy that he got into the university where he could start working to reach to his goals and dreams.  And what made him even happier was that his best friend of many years, Shim Changmin, was there with him. Well, not now, not at this very moment where Kyuhyun was standing at the street and looking at that awesome building which was his new school. Changmin was somewhere not to be found but Kyuhyun was sure he would dump into his best friend later when he would enter those gates.

 

Kyuhyun knew he was smart enough to roll in any school he wanted to but his passion was for music and singing. His father wanted him to become a lawyer but after a long persuasion Kyuhyun the compromise he wanted with his father: he could study music if he took a minor of managing, just for if his musician carrier failed. But Kyuhyun had the confidence and he was sure he wasn’t going to fail. Anything to make him to stop working at his father’s company. Not that he minded, he had worked there many summers before but running a company really wasn’t his thing.

 

As for Changmin, it was no wonder that he rolled in the game design department with the best scores. 

 

Cho Kyuhyun wanted be a star. He wanted to sing and performe. He wanted to shine, rub off his gorgeousness and happiness around and this was the beginning of that dream.

 

So here he, Cho Kyuhyun was, standing by the lamp post and thinking his friend with whom he would share his new life in this university. He couldn’t deny it but he really looked forward to it. He saw many students pull in the gates and blend in the sway of moving bodies in the campus. Kyuhyun smiled idiotically and took a step.

 

He heard a haste “Hey, you! Watch out!” Then there’s a push and Kyuhyun had time to think that he did something stupid again. Then came the hit and everything went black.

 

…..

…..

 

 And Shim Changmin who is going to kill Cho Kyuhyun anyway

 

Shim Changmin was pissed off. For starters, he was disappointed that he had missed Kyuhyun earlier. His level of being pissed off had increased when said Kyuhyun wasn’t in the hall when the new students of music department were called. His name was of course said but Kyuhyun never showed up like the others did.

 

Changmin was biting his lips while walking with his own class. Okay, maybe it was his own fault to say that he would go ahead and let Kyuhyun come on his own. Of course he should have known that Kyuhyun couldn’t do a simple task like “walk straight to the school” without failing in it. He would make it sure to kill Kyuhyun because this wasn’t the right day to sleep in, the other male had been so sure to wake up early last night when they had talked on the phone. He had tried to call the bastard already but it wasn’t connecting.

 

They had arrived into a class room and Changmin took a free place in the middle, close to the window so when his idiotic best friend decided to show up and rush through the gates he would be the first one to know.  He was interrupted though because someone sat the free seat right next to him. Changmin glanced at the newcomer and the other male smiled. Changmin smiled back and the other one turned towards to him, ready to start conversation even if the teacher was talking. Not that Changmin was listening; he was too busy being pissed off.

 

“So you are new too?”

Changmin arched an eyebrow. Was the other one an idiot or what? Of course he was new. The other one just smiled and suddenly Changmin was very conscious of how beautiful the other one was. That reddish brown hair was kind of curly and boy’s eyes were sparking. Skin looked flawless. Changmin wasn’t registering what the other one was saying until he found himself asking: “What’s your name?”

 

The beauty stopped whatever he has been telling about, blinked twice and then smiled kind of awkwardly.

“My name is Kim Jaejoong.”

Changmin smiled politely back. “I’m Shim Changmin but I just decided that you have all rights to call me Max. That’s my nickname only selected people can call me with.”

Jaejoong smiled and Changmin smiled, leaning closer and ignoring the lady in front.

“How about you and I eat lunch together today after that lady has stopped speaking?” He nodded towards the teacher who was now drawing some scales on the board. Jaejoong’s smile grew wider.

“Sounds like a plan to me.”

“That’s settled then.”

 

The thought of being pissed off to Kyuhyun tried to nag its way through Changmin’s mind but he ignored it brutally. What would be a better way to show his pissing off to Kyuhyun than make a new friend?

 

They actually ended up talking the whole class. Jaejoong would comment something totally random and Changmin would actually make a conversation about it. They kind of clicked although Changmin thought this Jaejoong guy was kind of strange. And because they were talking, they both missed most of the important parts of the lecture. Changmin didn’t mind, he would get them one way or other.  And because Jaejoong missed those parts too so there were two of them in the same boat.

 

“I actually wanted to dance but they said I lacked appearance”, Jaejoong said when they walked towards the cafeteria and Changmin noticed how the other one swayed along the music coming from the speakers.

“Really?” Changmin was surprised because heck, how did that boy lack appearance? Jaejoong shrugged and pushed the doors open. Changmin got the feeling that the other one wasn’t telling him everything but he wasn’t either.

“I really don’t get it either but I learned that you can choose classes from other departments and I think I will try attending dances. Or singing.”

“We should sing together later. Because I love singing”,  Changmin said, rolling his eyes, exaggerating. He loved singing but it never really been his passion like for Kyuhyun. But he loved games and designing them too and he knew he could and would sing always so he chose the game designing as his major.  Jaejoong smiled again and held his arm.

 

“That would be awesome. So, what should we –“

“Excuse me?”

Both of them turned around and a boy with a bright eye smile greeted them.

“You are new game designing students?”

“Yeah, so?”  Changmin asked almost rudely and the poor boy laughed nervously, glancing at Jaejoong who smiled apologetically at him.

“I was asked to find this person Shin Changmin, he said he would have a—“

“That’s me. I don’t know you so what you want?” Changmin interrupted and the other one smiled again turning his attention back to him. Jaejoong whispered something about being rude but Changmin didn’t care. He didn’t like that someone knew his name without a reason.

“Good. I have been running around. A lot. Your friend... Cho Kyuhyun read on his license and—“

“Kyuhyun? On his license? What do you mean?” Changmin’s voice sounded threatening and the poor messenger took a step back.

“He hadn’t woken up yet so Ryeowook thought we should look through is stuff and—“

“ Hadn’t woken up yet?” Changmin snarled and Jaejoong made a smart move and took a hold of his shoulder.

“Oh. Didn’t I say? He got into a car crash earlier and—aaa!”

 

Changmin didn’t wait. He grabbed the poor messenger’s shirt even thought Jaejoong tried his hardest to stop him, and started to drag him with them telling him to take them to that bastard right now.

 

Shim Changmin had a murder to do.

 

…..

…..

 

Kyuhyun was smiling stupidly when Changmin entered.

 

Kyuhyun was still smiling stupidly when the other, shorter man in room with him told the three newly arrived youngsters that Kyuhyun only got one large bump on his head and couple of scratches here and there because of the hard surface he had landed on. And not to forget his wrist; it should be held in place for a couple of week or so.

 

Kyuhyun was still smiling stupidly when his companion told them that there had never been a life threatening danger.  The old lady in the car had been in more danger than Kyuhyun ever, because she almost had a when she had realized what had happened.

 

Kyuhyun still smiled stupidly when Changmin launched at him and hit him hard on the face. 

 

“Do you know how worried I was? And I thought you slept in! And then this… this…” Changmin waved his hand towards one of the guys behind him.

“Lee Donghae”, answered the male who had been the other guy in the room along with the short guy when Kyuhyun had woken up.

“This Donghae guy turns up and says you got into a car crash. You moved closer so you wouldn’t have to use a car!” Changmin threw his hands up in the air.

“You weren’t watching were you were going, weren’t you?”

Kyuhyun opened his mouth but didn’t get a change to answer because when Changmin got started, there’s no way of stopping him.

“You were spacing out again, I know it so don’t deny it! I was so pissed off you that I even made a new friend because of you!”

The male who had been interested in some invisible spot on the white wall snapped out of his trance and blinked twice or more at this.

“And… your shirt is a mess!” Changmin grabbed the sleeve and his face fell. Kyuhyun smiled and Changmin hit him again. That Donghae guy winced.

“Sorry…? But the scratch isn’t that bad. No blood anywhere, you see!”

 

There was silence and Kyuhyun could almost hear his beating heart.

 

“I think you did more damage than the asphalt your friend landed”, said the dude suddenly who had been spacing out, sounding somewhat snarky. Changmin wailed and hugged Kyuhyun, tightly. He started to ramble something about being so worried and sorry about the hits and that Kyuhyun should stop making him worry that much and that the time three years ago was enough. Kyuhyun smiled stupidly as he wrapped his arms around his best friend and whispered: “I can try.”

 

…..

…..

 

Kyuhyun got out of the nurse’s room later that day. Changmin and Jaejoong, the spacing out guy, had left because they needed to grab some food before the second information filled hour. Although Changmin made him to promise to wait him at the cafeteria so they could walk home together. Donghae guy had also left, telling him to get better and saying that they would maybe meet again. So, he exited the room with the last man standing, Kim Ryeowook. 

_____________________________

*derps*